PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Minihane On Edelman: "Essentially Brain-Dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I think spending 6K to see a motivational speaker is crazy, but people do it BY CHOICE, so whatever.

As for Kirk, ya, he went over the top, but that's kind of his schtick.

I don't see any part of this as being a big deal.

Honestly I think spending 6K to see a motivational speaker is crazy, but people do it BY CHOICE, so whatever.

I don't see any part of this as being a big deal.

Actually just to go to the event is $195 bucks for two tickets.

$6000 is to get a meet and greet with Tom Brady, Jules, Tony Robbins etc.....

I have researched him, and watched him on Youtube. He is a Con Man who takes advantage of people's weaknesses, similar to a televangelist faith healer.

Pretty much the kind of guy some people would want to see in a leadership role in a civic responsibility type of representation for the country as a whole in order to bring everyone together in a transparent display of unification and gerrymandering.:D

Has anybody here actually read any of Robbin's books?

I can't say he's a scammer because what he provides is a structure on how to better yourself, personally, financially, physically etc.

I read one of his books, implemented his program to fit what i wanted to accomplish and it does work.

Like anything you want to improve upon, it takes a committment. Would have it been possible for me to achieve the same success without reading this book or implementing his program? Sure, but what he does is give people a map that they can follow to better themselves.

And unlike Osteen and those other guys, his program is NOT about "faith" or "hope". It's about doing the actual work and be consistent with it.

Calling Edelman "brain dead" and "dummy" tells me he needs new shtick. If he wants to call out Brady and Edelman for associating with Tony Robbins or call out Brady's charity, fine...controversial hot takes are par for the course. But to openly disrespect Edelman like that is BS.

Regards
Chris

It's a good thing the Boston affiliated Hollywood celebrities (Wahlberg, Affleck, Damon) got to Brady before Tom Cruise and his disciples had any chance to recruit him.
Scientology has nothing on TB12's newly branded "path to perfection" via mind, body, and spirit.....and excess dollars. With this Tony Robbins collaboration, it's starting to get a little over the top for my tastes.
I'm not arguing with the results, I'm just finding some of this "packaging" to be completely unrelatable.

Has anybody here actually read any of Robbin's books?

I can't say he's a scammer because what he provides is a structure on how to better yourself, personally, financially, physically etc.

I read one of his books, implemented his program to fit what i wanted to accomplish and it does work.

Like anything you want to improve upon, it takes a committment. Would have it been possible for me to achieve the same success without reading this book or implementing his program? Sure, but what he does is give people a map that they can follow to better themselves.

And unlike Osteen and those other guys, his program is NOT about "faith" or "hope". It's about doing the actual work and be consistent with it.
There are lots of things that "work". Like positive thinking instead of negative thinking. The knock on Robbins is he is and does some weird ****. Like hypotizing audience members without their knowledge or concent. Wacky stuff. Brady is the best QB in the world, but he is wacky as hell.

For pretty much the whole time I've known who the hell Kirk Minihane is, I've been operating under the belief that he's a worthless piece of ****. He's proven me right many times, and has never once proven me wrong.

FWIW, based entirely on his Reddit AMAs, Edelman appears to be a pretty quick-witted guy. I dunno if he's a MENSA candidate or anything--probably not, because how many football players are?--but he's certainly no idiot.

So glad I do not live in Boston and have to hear these self-important media pricks bloviate on a daily basis.

For pretty much the whole time I've known who the hell Kirk Minihane is, I've been operating under the belief that he's a worthless piece of ****. He's proven me right many times, and has never once proven me wrong.

FWIW, based entirely on his Reddit AMAs, Edelman appears to be a pretty quick-witted guy. I dunno if he's a MENSA candidate or anything--probably not, because how many football players are?--but he's certainly no idiot.

Edelman is a helluva lot funnier than Minihane.

For the record, this post (and the full one from this morning I re-posted) was related to the over the top comments he made about Edelman, not about his opinion of Robbins. That's another issue and I don't have a strong enough opinion either way to argue it and feel that it's not my place to say if people do/don't like him.

The post was also about Minihane's agreement with the Globe about him believing Brady wasn't being transparent with his charity and his subsequent comments. I don't care about his opinions, it's his comments that I felt were unnecessary to get his point across. I understand that this is his schtick, but it doesn't make it any easier to take.

As I mentioned, love his podcasts, but I feel he was a definitely out of line on this.

if Brady and Edelman actually think Robbins is doing good work, then there's nothing to see here. I mean, I think he's a snake-oil salesman, but hey, to each his own.

At least it's not Osteen and those idiot Prosperity Gospel charlatans...if I ever saw people who should be visited by the IRS on a regular basis...
Speaking of whom...recently con man charlatan Benny Hinn was the focal point of such an investigation.

There's hope.

Actually just to go to the event is $195 bucks for two tickets.

$6000 is to get a meet and greet with Tom Brady, Jules, Tony Robbins etc.....

That actually makes it worse. The way the thread started I thought Brady and Edelman were merely going to the thing. Now it turns out they're some level of featured guest.

Is there anything about where that extra $5805 is going? Them and Robbins? Is any going to charity? If so, which one(s)?

Minihane decided to show that he's an even bigger ****head than Felger, for about the 1000th time.

That's exactly what it is. He was a copy boy doing fantasy baseball stats who realized that if you are willing to be a an @sshole about everyone and everything that you can cash in big time off of it, he's playing part Howard Stern and part The Young Pope and his audience is buying it as cutting edge, when in fact it's really just rude and sophomoric.

It's a good thing the Boston affiliated Hollywood celebrities (Wahlberg, Affleck, Damon) got to Brady before Tom Cruise and his disciples had any chance to recruit him.
Scientology has nothing on TB12's newly branded "path to perfection" via mind, body, and spirit.....and excess dollars. With this Tony Robbins collaboration, it's starting to get a little over the top for my tastes.
I'm not arguing with the results, I'm just finding some of this "packaging" to be completely unrelatable.
I was thinking today that he needs to be protected from Scientology. I remember Cruise meeting him after Super Bowl 36 and making a big deal about Tom.

For the record, this post (and the full one from this morning I re-posted) was related to the over the top comments he made about Edelman, not about his opinion of Robbins. That's another issue and I don't have a strong enough opinion either way to argue it and feel that it's not my place to say if people do/don't like him.

The post was also about Minihane's agreement with the Globe about him believing Brady wasn't being transparent with his charity and his subsequent comments. I don't care about his opinions, it's his comments that I felt were unnecessary to get his point across. I understand that this is his schtick, but it doesn't make it any easier to take.

As I mentioned, love his podcasts, but I feel he was a definitely out of line on this.

I have never listened to any of his podcasts and don't plan to, I unfortunately heard his Friday broadcast and it actually wasn't Minihate that truly pissed me off, it was Tomase accusing Brady of graft and getting away with it. That lard assed piece of crap shouldn't be allowed in the media in any form at all. He's a proven liar with a huge agenda and he still gets a ton of play in every Boston media market, if he's in or on anything I won't read it or listen to it. He was the first major reason I stopped buying Boston papers, Borges was the other, and I will do pretty much anything to tune him out or off when he comes on any air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes