PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Florio just won't quit...still thinks Gronk gets traded

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've got to remember that Florio makes money by generating hits. This Gronk trade storyline generates page views, that is why he is running with it.

I actually met Florio in person IRL. He seemed a bit stiff and uptight then, dunno if it was because of the event or maybe that's just how he really is.

a couple of points including this one:

1. I don't understand this "until a contract is signed" crap. Gronk is under contract for the next TWO seasons. Any c0ntract ADJUSTMENTS are simply the Pats adding more incentives to his existing contract like they did last year. If you are waiting with baited breath for THIS non-story to happen, then you are wasting your time.

2. I think all the "will Gronk be traded?" story stems from the RUMORS that Gronk was on the block during the run up to the draft. That was ANOTHER piece of pure speculation that eventually started to be reported as fact. The fact is that Pats COULDN'T offer Gronk in a trade at that time because at THAT time Gronk didn't know if he would be playing in 2018. What team is going to trade for a player when they aren't sure they will be playing?. Not even the Jets are that stupid. It was well over a month AFTER the draft that Gronk finally committed to playing this year

3. I don't begrudge the mediots the right to SPECULATE, to try and play connect the dots with stories, especially in the offseason. Where I get pissed off is when that pure speculation starts to be passed off as fact in order to justify a narrative.

4. What they have done is take the fact that over the years BB has traded big names during TC. To that, they mix in the speculation that BB is pissed at Gronk because he dared to contemplate retiring this offseason. So when you add all that to the pure speculation ab0ut a Gronk trade before the draft that is now being reported as fact; then you can see the basis of Bedard's speculative article.

I am a member of BSJ and overall have been very happy with my investment. Happy enough to recommend it. I don't agree with every posting (like the recent Gronk one), but it wouldn't be fair or even entertaining if they agreed with everything I did. ;) Bedard wrote a perfectly valid offseason "what if" article. If others choose to create a narrative that purports to treat it as if it was a likely reality for their own purposes, then you can't blame original author (even though I did write a negative comment)

Please excuse my ignorance, what is BSJ? Thanks

yup......and it seems that brady believes that the only way to completely cement his legacy is to make sure the pats completely suck upon his departure.........the transition from montana to young is not something brady would enjoy

I still stand by the mantra that a year too soon is much better than a year too late.......just watch
>>the transition from montana to young

Brady already equals both careers of Montana AND Young.. in every way. It won't be long until he equals Montana, Young, and Jeff Garcia

Just give me one scenario where that could happen, without being the story of the offseason.

I was talking about overall........it is my opinion the pats got rid of the wrong QB and ever since that other QB, the one we still have has been acting like an idiot

a couple of points including this one:

I am a member of BSJ and overall have been very happy with my investment. Happy enough to recommend it. I don't agree with every posting (like the recent Gronk one), but it wouldn't be fair or even entertaining if they agreed with everything I did. ;) Bedard wrote a perfectly valid offseason "what if" article. If others choose to create a narrative that purports to treat it as if it was a likely reality for their own purposes, then you can't blame original author (even though I did write a negative comment)

I am also, and agree they have many features you don't get anywhere else. The Gronk article is too close to click bait for my taste but I love Greg's break down of plays, Chris Price, BRobb and Sean McAdam are always good reads. Miguel does a great job explaining the Patriots Cap. ...And the Q & A sessions allows 1 on 1 questions with the writers you rarely get elsewhere.

Please excuse my ignorance, what is BSJ? Thanks
Boston Sports Journal. Its a subscription web site with better than average sports journalism. For five bucks a month you can be a member. You can get the "daily briefing" for free.

I am also, and agree they have many features you don't get anywhere else. The Gronk article is too close to click bait for my taste but I love Greg's break down of plays, Chris Price, BRobb and Sean McAdam are always good reads. Miguel does a great job explaining the Patriots Cap. ...And the Q & A sessions allows 1 on 1 questions with the writers you rarely get elsewhere.
It's worth joining if only to pay Miguel back for the years he put in the work here and at KFFL

It's worth joining if only to pay Miguel back for the years he put in the work here and at KFFL
Miguel is awesome. In addition to his great articles, he takes questions on cap issues and explains them in clear coherent terms. It is well worth it. BRobb and Chris are two of my favorites

I took the yearly subscription and it's about 50 Cents a day. Back in the day I had the Globe for about the same when it was worth reading.

Boston Sports Journal. Its a subscription web site with better than average sports journalism. For five bucks a month you can be a member. You can get the "daily briefing" for free.

It's a tough call for me not subscribing. I love MacAdam and Price and really appreciate Robb's and Miguel's stuff. Hell, I'd gladly pay $5 a month just to read MacAdam but I just can't stomach the thought of putting one dime in Bedard's pocket which sucks because there was a time when he was a decent read. That was before he became 'Greg Bedard, Sports Media Personality'

It's a tough call for me not subscribing. I love MacAdam and Price and really appreciate Robb's and Miguel's stuff. Hell, I'd gladly pay $5 a month just to read MacAdam but I just can't stomach the thought of putting one dime in Bedard's pocket which sucks because there was a time when he was a decent read. That was before he became 'Greg Bedard, Sports Media Personality'

I hear ya. Greg ironically is the one down spot. I do appreciate his breakdown of plays. But I can get the same from Chatham without the sanctimonious attitude. The other's are however well worth it.

I love it when Chris routinely trumps him on Q&A questions. Bedard is too focused on making his media pals like F&M happy. Chris just let's it rip in his unassuming way.

I hear ya. Greg ironically is the one down spot. I do appreciate his breakdown of plays. But I can get the same from Chatham without the sanctimonious attitude. The other's are however well worth it.

I love it when Chris routinely trumps him on Q&A questions. Bedard is too focused on making his media pals like F&M happy. Chris just let's it rip in his unassuming way.

I'll give the devil his due, Bedards breakdowns were decent but as you pointed out it's hardly a unique talent. Chatham shines because he's given a good opportunity to do it. I find Troy Brown and Steve DeOssie to be pretty good as well but their environments seldom afford them the uninterrupted time to really shine.

when I was a kid, the kid who acts like Bedard does today would get muckled by all the other kids at recess until he stopped being such a little anal retentive fatmouth jerk. Bedard is a product of the 'new age" feely touchy, sensitive "my little boy is the center of the universe" spolied brat punk paradigm (yes, there is such a one). I have yet to read anything he's written that possesses 1% originality. He's the loudmouth fat **** at the frat party always over emoting that ends up azz deep in a trashcan covered in Coors Light cans the next morning.

when I was a kid, the kid who acts like Bedard does today would get muckled by all the other kids

I dearly need to know the definition of muckled because my first guess at what it meant paints a terrifying picture which makes me assume you had recess at Shawshank Prison.

muckled is when all the kids jump the big mouth rich kid and pound his ass into the sidewalk until he stops bragging about how rich his da-da is and how mommy gives him everything he wants. I grew up blue collar...fat big mouth punks didn't really make it in my neighborhood.

BTW, some of the teachers I remember vividly were Sister Mary Murder and Sister Assault &Battery. I got thrown out of school in the 4th grade because I was hyper and already tested out college level. MY dad, a burly state cop, came back to school the next day to talk to the principal, Sister Dominica. She told Dad I was unruly and he asked "did you give him a smack?" She replied "Yes, with no effect" He told her "then give him a few more until he quiets down and behaves". That worked. I was a model student the next two years until...girls. Today Sister D would be doing 10 years for child abuse. So, uh, yeah, I don't like ****in' fat mouth twerps like Bedard.

Last edited:
muckled is when all the kids jump the big mouth rich kid and pound his ass into the sidewalk until he stops bragging about how rich his da-da is and how mommy gives him everything he wants. I grew up blue collar...fat big mouth punks didn't really make it in my neighborhood.
Muckled...thanks for the trip down memory lane, Joker. Been a long, long time, LOL.

Don't cross BB because you will not win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back