PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Meanwhile, the Steelers Opened Camp Today in Style

I hear Rex Burkhead drove in with a cement mixer, and was seen wearing a hard hat and carrying his lunch pail.

I'll tell ya what, man, that guy has a real motor out there..

gruden1.png

If anyone heard Jerod Mayo on Currans recent podcast this is the exact thing that he saw in pre draft visits to other teams. Then he visited NE and it was the opposite. That resonated with him.

This just goes to show why other teams just don't get it. That was a me me me me moment instead of we we we. And those who think BB would just let that go are wrong. I bet that player wouldn't do that again.

Actually, that player would never even think of doing it in the first place.

Would this be the team "who has a best chance" ? This is the first time in years that I really don't see many competitors. Surely, a few teams should surprise or play very solid football, but overall, Pitt (and others) have too many question marks.

Umm, I think we did that already. Won 2 out of 3 SBs since Deflategate happened. Went 32-6 those 2 seasons. That's pretty much scorched earth.
Naw, those six games weren't scorched enough.

Tom came in on his Aston Martin (which he campaigns for) and posted a selfie on Instagram with the Aston Martin logo clearly visible.

So Tom made a statement about which car he drove in as well. Stones. Glass houses. etc.

It's the first day of camp, and Tomlin is a pretty easy going coach. If this were the Patriots it'd be out of line, but most coaches aren't hardass do-your-job types, and if the coach doesn't mind it's not really fair to fault the players for minor antics.

It's entirely fair to fault to coach for not objecting to flashy stuff, though. It's the one thing I'll give Coughlin: he's just as much of a hardass (different flavor, obviously) as Belichick, and only at the very end did players start stepping out of line and the team started collapsing.

If anyone heard Jerod Mayo on Currans recent podcast this is the exact thing that he saw in pre draft visits to other teams. Then he visited NE and it was the opposite. That resonated with him.

This just goes to show why other teams just don't get it. That was a me me me me moment instead of we we we. And those who think BB would just let that go are wrong. I bet that player wouldn't do that again.

Actually, that player would never even think of doing it in the first place.
Bingo, you get it.

Whether in football or in life, showboating is what ****heads do. If I won $500 million and drove into my old neighborhood in a Lamborghini, I'd be an ass****, period.

No one is impressed by material things. At least not well-grounded people.

Humility trumps all

While we are distracted by Brown's transportation, LeVeon Bell did not even show up to Steelers TC..

Mike Tomlin says there will be "consequences" for the unsigned RB... even though Tomlin has little or no leverage..

Tom came in on his Aston Martin (which he campaigns for) and posted a selfie on Instagram with the Aston Martin logo clearly visible.

So Tom made a statement about which car he drove in as well. Stones. Glass houses. etc.
Respect, Biffins. Sorry to disagree, though I do believe fans consistently engage in the glass house thing. But one player driving himself to practice and posing in a picture owned by the company for which he campaigns still seems a hell of a lot less conspicuous than what the Steelers did, especially considering that we know Tom is building his brand and is endorsing many different things at the moment. That's vastly different to me that AB being driven up to the practice in a top-down car and a fully decked out chauffeur as if he's arriving to his wedding chapel. This is the same player who needed to be chided for videotaping the locker room while his coach was addressing the team and putting it up on social media. And the other, an extremely seasoned veteran, is showing up in a fire truck (seriously) with sirens blazing no less. Maybe there is some kind of locker room symbolism with the fire truck, but it still seems silly to me. I don't think it's necessarily apples to apples here. One example is a rich athlete in a fancy car, which happens all the time, and the other is attention whoring at its best.

I thought it was funny, myself, which is why I posted it. But to try to say what Brady did is equivalent to what those two did . . . I just can't agree with it and it's not bias. It simply is just not the same thing.

Last edited:
While we are distracted by Brown's transportation, LeVeon Bell did not even show up to Steelers TC..

Mike Tomlin says there will be "consequences" for the unsigned RB... even though Tomlin has little or no leverage..
Or respect for that matter . . .

It's the first day of camp, and Tomlin is a pretty easy going coach. If this were the Patriots it'd be out of line, but most coaches aren't hardass do-your-job types, and if the coach doesn't mind it's not really fair to fault the players for minor antics.

It's entirely fair to fault to coach for not objecting to flashy stuff, though. It's the one thing I'll give Coughlin: he's just as much of a hardass (different flavor, obviously) as Belichick, and only at the very end did players start stepping out of line and the team started collapsing.
No surprise there, as Coughlin comes from the Parcells tree. He and BB are more-or-less cut from the same cloth.

The Rolls Royce thing is apparently a tradition for Brown. He does it every year.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back