PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McDermott: "2017 Pats Better Than 03, 04 and 07 Teams"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always found the 2007 team a very strange patriots team. Usually, BB's teams start kind of slowly then pick up speed, and by the end of the year are the best team in the league. 07 started like the best team in the league, then slowly seemed to regress a bit. Don't get me wrong, they were really good, but I was at the Giants game in NY and they were very lucky to win that game. I wasn't surprised at all the Giants made the super bowl a game, and lets face it, any given Sunday.

I get what you are saying because you could say the 2001 season was better than the 2007 season because we reached out ultimate goal.

When ranking teams for conversations such as this though I think most of us would define 'better' by trying to guess which team would have more wins if the two played each other multiple times (assuming a large enough sample size).
Yeah, I don’t do that. It’s pointless to me.
Just like the arguments that so and so would have been great on another team or with other supporting cast, etc.
that’s all fantasy football to me. You are what you did on the field. Coulda, shoulda, woulda is not only not worth my time but just a huge guessing game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe