PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McDaniels to interview with Eagles

Daboll turned Eagles interview down
It’s between Bienemy, McDaniels, Bowles, and Brady
Looks like McDaniels will be the guy as early as this evening.
It’s definitely a new look Patriots team next year if this holds true.

The Eagles’ job isn’t even desirable IMO. Strolling into a QB controversy with one of them regressing mightily with an albatross contract. Throw in an aging roster with an impatient fan base and you have your work cut out for you.

Overall Josh has been great for the Patriots BUT his best work came with Brady. It is really time to turn the page....
Once the organization decided to move forward without Brady it makes a lot of sense to start rewriting the offensive scheme and bring in a new leader.
I wish Josh great success except against the Patriots.
Whether you like his play calling or not, he has been very loyal to the organization, BB and the Krafts.

It's time. I don't want him as HC here but best wishes to him.

I'm really excited to see the NEW New England Patriots take shape starting this offseason.

BB brought Josh back after his Denver experience because BB thinks he is very good. Lots of other coaches left and never returned. If BB thinks he is good then I am in agreement.

Now with so many varying parameters, if we step back and then take a deep breath , I just feel that all of us including myself are overreacting as we have never been out of the playoffs nor have we played without brady around whom the defense was tailored . Add in covid and no regular offseason, it was probably a misfit offense with cam. Having seen teams all around nfl do something decent with back up qbs, I am hopeful we should do fine if the qb play can step up. I am hoping stidham or whoever comes here is able to learn the ropes and perform decently well. This was the first year where both the regular qb and backup struggled. So considering playbook complexity, covid was a recipe for disaster. Time to maybe simplify a bit.

Maybe we get some luck in drafting this year. Having seen Arians, i truly feel josh does have some intriguing plays and is a decent OC. Somehow our offense talent evaluation is a mystery and whoever is doing that currently needs to take a backseat.

If our tight ends can take a second year leap , it changes our offense dramatically.

Though I hoped for josh to leave, now that he might leave its making me have some mixed feelings. BILL + brady + josh + scar + flores were a team and each one had a part in success. Now with only Bill remaining I am nit too sure if Bill can handle it by himself...

This is interesting and not really a surprise. Obviously winning the Super Bowl is a benefit to Roseman, but other than that all of the concerns about him seem as appear as valid as ever. His roster sucks, his cap situation sucks, he micromanaged Pederson’s work, and the owner gives him a pass for all of it because they’re basically best friends.

This is interesting and not really a surprise. Obviously winning the Super Bowl is a benefit to Roseman, but other than that all of the concerns about him seem as appear as valid as ever. His roster sucks, his cap situation sucks, he micromanaged Pederson’s work, and the owner gives him a pass for all of it because they’re basically best friends.
McDaniels is desperate
One more offensive season like last year he won’t even be able to find a NFL OC Job.
He maybe calling draw plays on third and long at some highschool. Having Parents yelling at him from the stand.
He absolutely take the job if offered.
Living in Philly they have a very passionate fan base die hard fans games are a great atmosphere very electric.
Plus it’s not like the Eagles can’t be fixed in the next 3 years If he feels ownership will be patient with his rebuild vision.

The Eagles’ job isn’t even desirable IMO. Strolling into a QB controversy...
7 wins can get you a home playoff game. A season like NE had this year can get you a home playoff game. Dysfunctional division opponents. That has to count for something, right?

Adam Gase come on down!

7 wins can get you a home playoff game. A season like NE had this year can get you a home playoff game. Dysfunctional division opponents. That has to count for something, right?
The patriots had a brutal schedule this year.

Bb might be tempted to bring Doug Morrone in as a coach. I think someone said bb gave Doug a great review for Jacksonville.

Bb might be tempted to bring Doug Morrone in as a coach. I think someone said bb gave Doug a great review for Jacksonville.

Marrone is a total head case. You think Gase has communication issues? I've never seen a coach who is absolutely on another planet like Marrone. Maybe Mike Leach, but Marrone takes the cake.

I think it's kinda funny also that people **** on McDaniels for the talent we got. The one situation we absolutely 100% unequivocally know for a fact that Josh McDaniel's was in charge of talent in was his tenure in Denver. In a single draft (one of his two) he got both Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker.

We know for a fact we drafted Laurence Maroney because his kid brother Ben coached him. Even though Patriot scouts said no, were overruled. McDaniels also worked out Chad Jackson and NKeal Harry. And spent a 1st rounder on Tim Tebow. So yes let's keep talking about McDaniels' talent eval history.

Hearing Marrone may be on the short list for the Tennessee volunteer job.

I welcome it just because it would be too wonderful to convert yet another ex-Jets HC into a success.
He would fail miserably here just like everywhere else

We know for a fact we drafted Laurence Maroney because his kid brother Ben coached him. Even though Patriot scouts said no, were overruled. McDaniels also worked out Chad Jackson and NKeal Harry. And spent a 1st rounder on Tim Tebow. So yes let's keep talking about McDaniels' talent eval history.

The word fact is very confusing for you, isn’t it?

The search is continuing. Doesn't seem like a guarantee that McDaniels ends up there.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back