PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McDaniels to interview with Eagles

His answer should be my QB couldn’t throw my receivers and tight ends couldn’t get separation on linebackers then deny deny deny he had any say in drafting Harry
I like your thinking!

For clarification purposes only -
how should mcdaniels answer when Philly asks him how he is going to fix wentz!

I like your thinking!

For clarification purposes only -
how should mcdaniels answer when Philly asks him how he is going to fix wentz!
Take all the credit for Jimmy Grap and for extending Brady’s career then play every clip of Tom, Romo and Belichick calling him a genius and the best OC then just say So let’s talk about how much power I have over the roster.

Maybe there is some truth to that rumor about Steve Belichick being the heir apparent.

His answer should be my QB couldn’t throw my receivers and tight ends couldn’t get separation on linebackers then deny deny deny he had any say in drafting Harry
Toss in :
It's chaos up in Foxboro. The owner is trying to hump everything in sight. Bill stands on the sidelines at practice and just stares at his kids. And I fear Nike is going to fire the entire scouting staff.

I think it's kinda funny also that people **** on McDaniels for the talent we got. The one situation we absolutely 100% unequivocally know for a fact that Josh McDaniel's was in charge of talent in was his tenure in Denver. In a single draft (one of his two) he got both Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker.

What is proven is that Brady will elevate any HC, OC, or players stats around him. JMD's record and offensive ranks outside of NE were below average, but with NE/Brady were consistently top 5. But that would apply to anyone.
However, I wonder if Brian Schotty would be a good fit to replace him if he moves on? Especially if we're moving on to a more mobile type QB. He's had a lot of experience with Wilson. And served under a ton of defensive minded head coaches - Carrol, Ryan, Fisher, Pagano, Manginus...
I'd much rather him than Gase!

I for one hope he stays.

I think it's kinda funny also that people **** on McDaniels for the talent we got. The one situation we absolutely 100% unequivocally know for a fact that Josh McDaniel's was in charge of talent in was his tenure in Denver. In a single draft (one of his two) he got both Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker.
and don't forget a trade-up to pick Tim Tebow

Maybe there is some truth to that rumor about Steve Belichick being the heir apparent.

I really don't understand how this is even a question.

BB likes to teach and his son seems like he wants to coach.

Bill has spoken that his biggest regret was he was not being home much when his children were young.

Forget Shula's record. (This and maybe winning one without Brady) are the reasons BB will continue coaching.

McDaniels must realize what is going on.

What is proven is that Brady will elevate any HC, OC, or players stats around him. JMD's record and offensive ranks outside of NE were below average, but with NE/Brady were consistently top 5. But that would apply to anyone.
However, I wonder if Brian Schotty would be a good fit to replace him if he moves on? Especially if we're moving on to a more mobile type QB. He's had a lot of experience with Wilson. And served under a ton of defensive minded head coaches - Carrol, Ryan, Fisher, Pagano, Manginus...
I'd much rather him than Gase!

If this were really true, then the OTHER Patriots OCs around Brady would have had just as much success. But they haven't.
McDaniels ability to space the field and open things up is something are other OCs with Brady couldn't do.

JMD's record outside New England is not easy to judge because, #1, he had Tebow at QB, and #2, he came into a rapidly devolving St Louis team and had 1 year to install his system with a QB that never did anything in the NFL, for the Rams or anyone.

and don't forget a trade-up to pick Tim Tebow
Okay... but that has nothing to do with the issues of drafting offensive weapons. The one time McDaniels really needed to draft offensive weapons he hit it out the park and drafted better weapons than whoever has been drafting here ever has

If this were really true, then the OTHER Patriots OCs around Brady would have had just as much success. But they haven't.
McDaniels ability to space the field and open things up is something are other OCs with Brady couldn't do.

JMD's record outside New England is not easy to judge because, #1, he had Tebow at QB, and #2, he came into a rapidly devolving St Louis team and had 1 year to install his system with a QB that never did anything in the NFL, for the Rams or anyone.
And McDaniels was the one who made Matt Cassel work in NE — who recognized his strengths and reworked the offense around him. That was the performance that got him the head coaching job in Denver to begin with.

Are you motherfresking kidding me? The culture in New England is simply the greatest culture that has ever existed in the history of the sport. Who’s culture do you want instead of belichicks?
Tom Brady's.

Interesting note here - "Goal Line Football" is apparently Eric Bieniemy's agency, and they outright state "Eagles hire JM". You would expect their agency would have that inside information. Seems like Josh may be gone.

Interesting note here - "Goal Line Football" is apparently Eric Bieniemy's agency, and they outright state "Eagles hire JM". You would expect their agency would have that inside information. Seems like Josh may be gone.

Again mixed feelings
Would need to see which Belichick kid becomes the new OC

He's no longer a "hot candidate" he better hope he gets the job cause another year of dumpster fire offense in New England and he might be out of the head coaching mix all together.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back