PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McDaniels to interview with Eagles

Yeah I disagree here. To me it looked like either the team or Fisch himself wasn't really satisfied with how things went this year and he looked for another opportunity. There is nothing he did this year that suddenly made him interesting to college teams specifically. He most likely asked his agent to look for other options and this came up.
Fisch is a habitual job jumper and I believe when he came here it was considered a stop over.

At this point I honestly don't care anymore who it ends up being as long as there is clarity through the offseason.

I get why 2020 with the cap tightness was a different but that is not the case this year. I'd love for them to decide on the vet QB option relatively early (i.e. within the first week of FA) and if another talented QB falls to them in the draft then even better.
This is the watershed year.
the patriots will have better draft slots than almost any other year and 60 mill in cap space for a franchise that has spent 20 years with usual less than enough cap space to protect their own free agent defections.
Historically the team turns over roughly 20 spots year over year. Cap limitations have always made that turnover consist heavily of late round picks, UDFAs and low level free agents to fill roles. There has never been a season with the resources to entirely transform the roster. Belichick will be very aggressive building the 21 team and adding to the new core of the roster.

This is the watershed year.
the patriots will have better draft slots than almost any other year and 60 mill in cap space for a franchise that has spent 20 years with usual less than enough cap space to protect their own free agent defections.
Historically the team turns over roughly 20 spots year over year. Cap limitations have always made that turnover consist heavily of late round picks, UDFAs and low level free agents to fill roles. There has never been a season with the resources to entirely transform the roster. Belichick will be very aggressive building the 21 team and adding to the new core of the roster.
Go get your QB should be goal number 1 number 2 WR number 3 pass rush

Go get your QB should be goal number 1 number 2 WR number 3 pass rush
No. QB has to be addressed and we simply have to get the best one we have a chance to (best going forward, not best stat padding reputation) but then revamping the entire roster with the draft and free agency.
Prioritizing one spot over another shouldn’t be the plan, rebuilding the roster and filling all holes should be.
The patriots have been in the condition for many years that they needed to plug holes with limited resources. Which is fine because they were already loaded.
This year is about bringing in the $60,000,000 of talent that has been on the roster in other years but is missing today.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back