Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How do you think players will respond to Patricia and McDaniels leaving?

• Use it as motivation

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Get distracted

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Nothing... noise is just noise

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Pittsburgh lost... hahahahahahaaaaaahahahahahaha

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MainePatsFan26

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
So, with McDaniels and Patricia helding elsewhere after the season according to reports, it looks like there are some potential distractions according to the media and some posters.

My question is whether them leaving could, instead, be a chance to motivate the team. We've already won multiple Super Bowls with both of them, so players can approach the Jaguars game and hopeful Super Bowl appearance as chances to win one more title for their coordinators rather than the window closing.

As long as they do their jobs I can't see it as a distraction. The players should be nothing but happy for them they know how good they are and how much work they put in.

At the same time I don't see it as much of a motivating factor. I mean I got many more and better reasons to motivate me.

Truth be told, I doubt most of the players care terribly much. Certainly no one is saying "oh those guys are leaving? Well now I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally want to win the CCG and Super Bowl!!"

I think it'll be extra motivation for Patricia and McDaniels to leave as winners. That's how Weis and Romeo went out.

Players won't care but I bet both of them would love to have another super bowl title under their belt as they head into their new jobs, this can only motivate them, no way it's a distraction, they're professionals.

As long as they do their jobs I can't see it as a distraction. The players should be nothing but happy for them they know how good they are and how much work they put in.

At the same time I don't see it as much of a motivating factor. I mean I got many more and better reasons to motivate me.
It seems like it really is a non-issue. Since most reports list it as a possible distraction, I thought of approaching the issue as a possible motivational factor.

This is a weird season insofar as we don't have that usual massive story to motivate us. In 2001, it was the underdog Patriots who were looking to redeem a terrible franchise. Then, in 2003 and 2004 it was about creating a dynasty. Then there was 2007 and the push to go undefeated. With the next Super Bowl loss, I honestly can't recall if there was a particularly interesting story other than having a chance to get revenge on the Giants. Then in 2014 and 2016 there was dealing with Deflategate and getting revenge on Goodell.

This season, what the heck is the narrative? The fallout between Kraft, Brady, and Belichick is pure hokum and a dull discussion topic. And Patricia and McDaniels leaving isn't something to get worked up over, but rather two guys getting rewarded for their good works. If we win the championship this season, it will have to just be about the Patriot way.

It seems like it really is a non-issue. Since most reports list it as a possible distraction, I thought of approaching the issue as a possible motivational factor.

This is a weird season insofar as we don't have that usual massive story to motivate us. In 2001, it was the underdog Patriots who were looking to redeem a terrible franchise. Then, in 2003 and 2004 it was about creating a dynasty. Then there was 2007 and the push to go undefeated. With the next Super Bowl loss, I honestly can't recall if there was a particularly interesting story other than having a chance to get revenge on the Giants. Then in 2014 and 2016 there was dealing with Deflategate and getting revenge on Goodell.

This season, what the heck is the narrative? The fallout between Kraft, Brady, and Belichick is pure hokum and a dull discussion topic. And Patricia and McDaniels leaving isn't something to get worked up over, but rather two guys getting rewarded for their good works. If we win the championship this season, it will have to just be about the Patriot way.
No need for narratives. They just distract from the real story. This team is great.

So, with McDaniels and Patricia helding elsewhere after the season according to reports, it looks like there are some potential distractions according to the media and some posters.

My question is whether them leaving could, instead, be a chance to motivate the team. We've already won multiple Super Bowls with both of them, so players can approach the Jaguars game and hopeful Super Bowl appearance as chances to win one more title for their coordinators rather than the window closing.
I think that when you are part of a successful, focused organization it’s always gear up and give it everything you have in your last shot together.
Mostly I think the culture in foxboro creates an atmosphere where you won’t allow yourself to be distracted because you owe your best to your teammates and fellow coaches.

If they do happen to win and both coaches leave it will be certainly similar to Weis and Crennel. Both sets winning 3 out of 4 on their way out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back