PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McClellin reportedly out for the season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like we have about 14m dollars tied up on injured reserve. Of course, half of that is Edelman.

The unexpected cap expenditures from all the injuries probably reduced the odds of the Pats being able to keep JG next year, at least a little bit.

It's looking more and more like another injury riddled odd year ending. If so, hopefully the pattern continues into 2018.

I expect that McClellan had physicals before returning to practice. I presume that he had mild run-throughs before he returned to practice (this happened with serval players earlier in the year. They were marked as DNP, when it was clear that they did a bit of work.

Belichick did his due diligence. He thought that McClellan was ready to return so he activated him from IR. We got the 2 week period where he didn't you t against the 53 man limit. Within that time, McClellan was injured again, or he has a relapse of the former injury.

It does seem quite possible for an injured player who hasn't done work in many weeks would be more likely than others to be injured. **** happens.

BTW, we can talk about how Valentine or Mitchell are ready to be major contributors after a couple of weeks of practice, and that we were screwed. I'd settle for ONE of them being healthy enough to play and contribute.

It's looking more and more like another injury riddled odd year ending. If so, hopefully the pattern continues into 2018.

We are way better to overcome it this time round to where I'm not concerned

He should quit football. If this is not a clear sign of CTE, then we know nothing about the disease. If you have a concussion for this long, your family should make the decision for you.

He should quit football. If this is not a clear sign of CTE, then we know nothing about the disease. If you have a concussion for this long, your family should make the decision for you.
That’s the thing though. We really don’t know if he had the concussion the whole time or just recently got it. If it’s the former, then I’d think we’re all in agreement.

McClellin had a concussion issue that was bad enough to sideline him for half the year and then a setback that knocked him out for the rest of the season? Reminds me of Marc Savard. Sadly, his playing days are probably over. Or they should be for the sake of his long-term health.

I thought Savard when i saw he was out of the year..blow to the LBs as I thought he would be coming back...need some more depth.

He should call it a career

Reading posts it is suggested McClellin will remain out for the season due to continued concussion issues. If this is true (I don't know this as fact) then I agree about considering retirement. The game of football means hard knocks to the head. If his brain has needed this long to recover and yet he still is having symptoms of this head trauma? Shea, take what you've earned (he should have well into 6 figures liquid value and a ring to go with it) and go do something else that does not require hard knocks to the head.

So if both are healthy, they'll be missing a key piece to the team because someone stupidly activated/Used ir spot for Mclellin?

Yes, someone in the FO inadvertently signed a sheet of paper that coincidentally had language on it about activating McClellin and stored it in a fax machine thinking it was a drawer. And wouldnt you believe it a completely different FO worker then stumbled and landed on that fax machine and unknowingly submitted that paper to the league office to stupidly activate a player that wasnt healthy yet.

We are way better to overcome it this time round to where I'm not concerned

I feel like the competition in general so bad this year, that anything can happen.

I feel like the competition in general so bad this year, that anything can happen.

Yea and we have the goat coach and QB to take advantage everyone else just has to do their part

Okay...so who are the playmakers on D now? How in the world will they stop the Raiders, Steelers?

Very good question with the loss of Hightower we now have a questionable D. Hightower played a Big role in both our SB wins his loss will be felt.:(

Yes, someone in the FO inadvertently signed a sheet of paper that coincidentally had language on it about activating McClellin and stored it in a fax machine thinking it was a drawer. And wouldnt you believe it a completely different FO worker then stumbled and landed on that fax machine and unknowingly submitted that paper to the league office to stupidly activate a player that wasnt healthy yet.

Okay well at least someone agrees...

Weeks 12-17 of 2015 were some of the worst coached and played Pats games I've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back