PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McClellin reportedly out for the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

long distance

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score

BTW - deadline to be activated is 4PM tomorrow.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

We can see more of Marquis Flowers or look for a athletic stud on a practice squad.
I'd be going thru the Rams practice squad d line with a fine tooth comb.

That sucks! Ughh. Does it still leave the possibility of Mitchell coming back?

Well, hopefully Mitchell is coming back. I don't recall hearing anything about his injury being season-ending.

That sucks! Ughh. Does it still leave the possibility of Mitchell coming back?
As I understand it, McClellin returning to practice used up one of their two return slots regardless of whether he’s activated or not. It’s still one or the other of Valentine and Mitchell, just now one of them without McClellin instead of one of them plus McClellin.

Well, hopefully Mitchell is coming back. I don't recall hearing anything about his injury being season-ending.
Belichick didn’t have much to say when asked about it approx. 10 days ago, other than he resumed running and that we’ll have to wait and see. No reports about it being season ending, despite some speculation awhile back from Reiss.

As I understand it, McClellin returning to practice used up one of their two return slots regardless of whether he’s activated or not. It’s still one or the other of Valentine and Mitchell, just now one of them without McClellin instead of one of them plus McClellin.
Well, that’s a *****.

What happens to that overpriced cap hit he was costing us? I believe it was somewhere around 3.5m.

Unfortunately that could be right. Add Jelks to the list of eligible to return. Would not bet on anyone right now..

Unclear. Miguel reported that SM had been designated. But others suggest not:

Please cite a nyjfl.com rulebook citation for such. I won't outright say you are wrong as they changed the rules this year to make two possible, but your theory makes no sense to me.

It was always previously that starting practicing activated a ticking clock (2 weeks?? 4 weeks??) in which team had to decide if he was activated or staying on IR.

I see no reason to believe that putting him in practice without notifying the NFL he was off IR would burn one of two return slots. The logic of rule was the uncertainty of medicine, injuries, and healing. There is nothing except the complete ineptitude of Gotohell* that would give anyone reason to change that part of rule.

*with him all stupid **** is possible.

Okay...so who are the playmakers on D now? How in the world will they stop the Raiders, Steelers?

So instead of beating the Eagles by 35 in the SB, the Pats will only beat them by 20 now?

Wow, what a huge blow.

Please cite a nyjfl.com rulebook citation for such. I won't outright say you are wrong as they changed the rules this year to make two possible, but your theory makes no sense to me.

It was always previously that starting practicing activated a ticking clock (2 weeks?? 4 weeks??) in which team had to decide if he was activated or staying on IR.

I see no reason to believe that putting him in practice without notifying the NFL he was off IR would burn one of two return slots. The logic of rule was the uncertainty of medicine, injuries, and healing. There is nothing except the complete ineptitude of Gotohell* that would give anyone reason to change that part of rule.

*with him all stupid **** is possible.
I can’t cite the rule book, but I believe this is the next best thing.

And nothing of value of lost. Useless signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye