PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: What are everyone's holiday plans for this weekend?

Enjoying the nice, hell-ish weather of Rio de Janeiro with family and friends

Good change of pace from the cold, gonna return all tan and hot, it's gonna be great

Yesterday I made some smoked half lb burgers as kind of a test run for the next poker night I'm hosting next weekend. They came out pretty good and it was super easy, nice to have a food you can make a lot of without much hassle. Drove through the NH Motor Speedway to see the lights with the kids. Today I gotta wrap the last of my wife's gifts, go to the 1030AM or 6PM Mass depending on how tired I am. Take the kids to Bass Pro Shops for the free Santa photo lol. Making some smokeafried wings for the Pats game tonight, hopefully sleeping thru the 2nd half so I can catch one last nap before midnight Mass. Then on Christmas I'm smoking some spare ribs and just hanging out watching my 6 year old open his 15 gifts cause we mighta gone a little overboard this year lol.

We spend Christmas Eve with my wife's side of the family with each of them rotating to host, this year's it's our turn so my wife has been preparing today and has me running around. Christmas Day is my family at my sisters and since we're Italian we have an Italian feast with a ham. I prefer the menu on Christmas Day to the one tomorrow.
I never knew Italians ate ham.

Date night tonight and last min shopping with the wife, tomorrow for the first time we won’t go to a live Christmas eve service, but stream it instead. We’ll have some friends over later that night for ****tails and apps to open gifts with the kids (10 kids between 3 families and we all get each other’s kids gifts), then Christmas will be just our family. Ham, trimmings, and probably just relaxing after the kids open gifts.

I always so enjoy this Holiday because my kids are 12,10,8 and it’s fun seeing it through their eyes AND because I’m in M&A and own or advise so many businesses it’s really the only time each year when I know my phone won’t be blowing up.

Each year, I make a signature ****tail…this year will be a kicked-up cranberry mule with homemade Cranberry syrup garnished with cranberries and rosemary sprigs.

Wife and I have come a LONG way from growing up below the poverty line in Maine, and while we are ALWAYS grateful, it’s especially sweet to appreciate this time of year in North GA.
Where in N GA.

I was all over that part of the state.

The holiday known here as Aniiversmas is divided into two parts. Today belongs to the Bride and I, the world gets held at arm's distance, as we celebrate another year of wedded bliss. I'll be starting the traditional breakfast in bed here in a moment. There's Taittinger's chilling for her fireside sipping tonight and a bottle of Pappy's I'll be putting a small dent in, doctor's orders be damned. We'll enjoy it while I surprise her with a 3 hour compilation vid of our life's journey together. Last year it was my Wife knocking on heaven's door, this year the close call was mine. There's a lot for us to be thankful for this anniversary, our hands are getting gnarled and spotted but they're still here and still clasped together. What a strange and wondrous ride it has all been.

Tomorrow will be the exact opposite. It will be akin to being a German at Normandy, the invasion is imminent and all I hope for is our intact survival. At one time or another all 5 of our sons & DIL's and their sons (some with families) and two of their son's sons (with diapers) will be rolling through here for a 4 generation Christmas. Everything from Eggs Florentine to lasagna to steamship style prime rib will be on the buffet at one time or another throughout the day. All with music and A Christmas Story playing continuously in the background with sports in the den. It will be an absolutely raucous celebration of family with love, booze, ******** and cooked animal all being served by the ton. God help us all.

Last edited:
I am sick so visiting family out the window. Gives me the excuse of doing nothing but watch TV though.

My son is home for Christmas. My avatar was his desktop for the Pats/Dolphins game this year. He was an invited guest.

After Christmas morning Mass, we and our youngest son shall get together for drinks, cigars, and then our traditional Christmas repast of rib roast with mashed potatoes, green beans, and Mrs Rover’s fabulous whoopie pie cake for dessert. Yum. :)

Traveling with wife to visit my first grandchild and his parents.
He's 2 1/2 months old.
Our oldest daughter gave birth to our first grandchild just about a month ago. Congratulations!

After Christmas morning Mass, we and our youngest son shall get together for drinks, cigars, and then our traditional Christmas repast of rib roast with mashed potatoes, green beans, and Mrs Rover’s fabulous whoopie pie cake for dessert. Yum. :)
Bourbon?

Starters

Attachments

• 20231224_132451.jpg
    20231224_132451.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
Yesterday I told my wife (she doesn't drive) that I would take her to Framingham (Little Brazil)
to see some friends she has not see for a while we stopped at the market ... bought 15 Panetones and she got to see all of them ...
well we got invited back to the home of one to eat a traditional Cape Verdean Xmas meal

looking forward to it ... I have had many Cape Verdean clients through the years ... ate their chicharon
and washed it down with Sumol (good ****) ... never had a meal ... so extremely excited , last minute Christmas blessing for us.

I will miss our game so those here in the forum please watch it for me ... help them to a decent score and a loss please.

I never knew Italians ate ham.
Italian traditional Xmas that my friends and I enjoyed was a big Christmas eve meal all family invited ...
Gluttonous amounts of Wine, fish, seafood, Italian food, antipasto and of course baked goods ... presents and booze follow.

Last edited:
I am going to take a nap

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3