PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mayock's one and only Mock Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read a study the bust rate for 1st round pick 33% and 2nd round is 50%. But everyone's mock looks so similar. What gives?

Donald doesn't fit what the patriots want - he's only 6'2.

If haha clinton Dix falls to 22 belichick ought to get on the phone with his buddy chip kelly and talk trade up.

Big vince is only 6'2

Also I would be upset if we take Amaro @ 29…. It has to be ASJ

Big vince is only 6'2

Also I would be upset if we take Amaro @ 29…. It has to be ASJ

My mistake, but big vince appears to have more strength than donald.

My mistake, but big vince appears to have more strength than donald.

And much less speed - Can't compare them to eachother but should Work together as a duo.

If haha clinton Dix falls to 22 belichick ought to get on the phone with his buddy chip kelly and talk trade up.

My mistake again, aaron donald is only listed as 6'0 - definitely undersized for a DT.

The Browns are crazy if they dont pick the best available QB.

That's what they did when they selected Tim Couch, Brady Quinn and Brandon Weeden. Too much instability there for a young QB to succeed. I say trade down, grab Zach Martin or one of the big three OL to play RT, grab Mosley or a WR with the 2nd pick, maybe a CB and then get a guy like Dave Carr, TBW or even Mettenberger in the 2nd round.

I'm going to laugh if some unfortunate team gives up a king's ransom to trade back into the end of the first round for Carr. That's a carbon copy of his brother if I've ever seen it. The guy hates it when the pocket collapses and can easily be forced into some bad decisions when it happens. He might shed that habit/fear in the pro's but it's highly unlikely.

He is actually only 6’1” but it does not matter because he is a special player even if he is undersized, Belichick would pounce on Donald if he had the opportunity.

I feel like Donald will go higher than any of the experts are projecting. I'm having a tough time finding a team before 8 that makes sense, but potentially-elite interior pass rushers rarely make it out of the top 10.
Donald is not going to last to pick #24, he is likely to go in the top ten of the draft and is almost certain to go no later than #16 to Dallas.

Couple of thoughts –

- I do not see Gilbert going in the top ten, and not to Minnesota, especially when all the top QBs are on the board.
- Donald will not fall out of the top twenty of the draft that is insanity to even project.
- Dix is not going to fall out of the top twenty either in my opinion.
- Carolina needs an impact WR or OT so I do not see them trading out of round one.
- Jean-Baptiste has no business in the second round led alone first round.
- I think us selecting Amaro at #29 is very unlikely.

This is actually one of the worst and least logical mock drafts I have seen. I am actually shocked that Mayock put his name on this garbage.

He is actually only 6’1” but it does not matter because he is a special player even if he is undersized, Belichick would pounce on Donald if he had the opportunity.

Some sources have him as 6'0, so who knows how tall he really is lol

Couple of thoughts –

- I do not see Gilbert going in the top ten, and not to Minnesota, especially when all the top QBs are on the board.
- Donald will not fall out of the top twenty of the draft that is insanity to even project.
- Dix is not going to fall out of the top twenty either in my opinion.
- Carolina needs an impact WR or OT so I do not see them trading out of round one.
- Jean-Baptiste has no business in the second round led alone first round.
- I think us selecting Amaro at #29 is very unlikely.

This is actually one of the worst and least logical mock drafts I have seen. I am actually shocked that Mayock put his name on this garbage.

Mock drafts are always a crap shoot. There's not much logic that can really go into it from the outsiders perspective, it's all just an exercise in click collection. The value of these "experts" honestly is that they do the research to give us casual draft followers an idea of what type of player each guy is. Doesn't mean they're right about how good they are, but at least they know the style of play they bring. Mocks are useless, time-wasting entertainment pieces.

It's actually one of the few times I like listening to Felger and Mazz. They create their Patriots Big Board by firing highlighters at a draft magazine and seeing who it hits. So far they've called at least one player each of the last two years, just picking at random.

trade back into the 2nd and you could still end up with one of Amaro/ASJ

Well they actually get measured so we do really know. He's 6006 or 6'0 1/2.

I mean we have a good estimate of his height. His Pitt Panther profile has him at 6'0, and his NFL.com page had him at 6"'1. I'm sure both his college team and NFL staff at the combine measured him.

With Jace Amaro in the first, it would just solidify my belief that BB loves some TT players. :)

With Jace Amaro in the first, it would just solidify my belief that BB loves some TT players. :)

Why is that? We rarely draft from Texas Tech, let alone the Big 12.

The eagles need a safety as much as we do.

Donald doesn't fit what the patriots want - he's only 6'0.

The eagles need a safety as much as we do.
We used a second in 2012, and a third in 2013 on the safety position, I cannot really see us trading up to use a first round pick on the safety position this year anyway.

He only did one round? Somebody needs to wake him up, the damn draft is finally here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes