PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mayo negotiations + OC interviews next week

I'm one that puts the burden on the players.
Everything that influences a system is a part of its output. So while the person themselves and the coaches have large aspects of that output so too does the environment, the family, the friends, the media, etc, etc, etc. There are people who get derailed in their careers by things not even remotely related to their job.

The complexity at play here is way more intricate than "fire X = Y" whether X is player or coach. Further the replacement could possibly be worse than the current which everyone always discounts. That doesn't mean that change is a poor course of action - simply that there is no guarantee of outcome and blind change simply for the emotional high of "doing something" often results in a much worse outcome than process of elimination.

Now in J. Smith's case - many changes around him the past couple years - not much output change - does tend to now place the onus on he himself as the likely culprit to that lack of output.

I'm really interested in seeing if the team can pull off grabbing BOB as OC, Jefferson as WR coach, and Klemm as the run game coordinator. McCardell seems only likely as the OC. Can't imagine the Vikings let him go for a lateral job.

If this is followed up by a real OL coach, my offseason is feeling a lot better.
Yeah, getting the OC is great but I’m also really eager to hear about some new position coaches. Supposedly O’Brien was adamant about wanting a say in those hires.

Off-season off to a good start already. bill O'Brien in, Patricia out and Mayo elevated.

This team should've been a playoff team if they had last year's offense...

After this last season, I want him to have a say in those hires, too.
Tend to agree... You'd have to assume Patricia would be the OL coach (bad) but Curran reported yesterday that Patricia might actually be leaving the organization entirely (good?). I'm 50/50 on Judge, if they're able to have him move to ST and help fix that unit then he can stay.

Tend to agree... You'd have to assume Patricia would be the OL coach (bad) but Curran reported yesterday that Patricia might actually be leaving the organization entirely (good?). I'm 50/50 on Judge, if they're able to have him move to ST and help fix that unit then he can stay.
I think Belichick likes Patricia and would find another job for him, but it might be too much to live down and a clean break would be better for Patricia.

If this is followed up by a real OL coach, my offseason is feeling a lot better.
Would love to hear some names that posters would like to see at OL coach? I have no idea what real OL coaches are available. If they interviewed Klemm for OC then he probably could be a good OL coach but I have no idea.

Would love to hear some names that posters would like to see at OL coach? I have no idea what real OL coaches are available. If they interviewed Klemm for OC then he probably could be a good OL coach but I have no idea.
Yeah, I have no clue. I'm treating it like the draft, where I don't know any names but will look them up once they join the Patriots.

It is a metaphysical impossibility to do any worse than Phatt Matt; doesn't mean that Slappy Caley should be the OC of the NEP however.
Oh, yeah. Somewhere in the universe Rich Kotite wants someone to hold his beer.

Yeah, I have no clue. I'm treating it like the draft, where I don't know any names but will look them up once they join the Patriots.
Here are some names that crossed paths with BoB that have O-line experience.
1. Doug Marrone
2. Eric Wolford
3. Mike Devlin

I also tried googling who the best college o line coaches are and found a list of salaries for O-line coaches. Someone from this list might be a good idea too. Klemm is in the top 10.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back