PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mayo negotiations + OC interviews next week

Can we pump the brakes on this a bit? Good coach, to be sure. I'd like to see the guy get a ring or two before we anoint him. Your points are valid, but his resume is still incomplete. I think he's off to a great start, and his future is extremely bright.
I buy in on Daboll simply because he uses the Patriots offense, and that team really doesn't have the star power at WR, yet they do well.

I guess I will always doubt Daniel Jones because I just don't see the point in having a QB who is a negative in the passing game.

But Daboll's offense should translate well if they ever get top WRs and a decent QB

Goes back to that word! COACHING. BB even said himself before you are only as good as the people around you! Dabol has to start being considered as one of the NFLs great coaches. He fixed Josh Allen, made Daniel Jones look like an actual QB, has his team totally bought in!
One problem with all this is that Judge was indeed forced to keep on remnants of the old offensive coordinating team.

The Giants GM really submarined him.

Kendrick Bourne: “Patriots are implementing a new offence”

Andy Casserly: “Patriots are staying with the offence they’ve always run”.

Never double down on a bad hand Casserly.
Then it should be very easy for you to show me things that were new. Plays and concepts that were foreign to them until this year.
I can find you many quotes saying it was the same offense. Quotes aren’t proof. Show me on the film. It should be easy.

I’m sure they did a lot of things in camp that were different than they did last year in Bourne only year in the system. And I am sure they ran stuff more often in camp that wasn’t what they mostly ran last year.
That doesn’t make it a new offense.
The zone run scheme is a perfect example. They have always run it. They run it with different frequency with different players on the roster.
They sure ran it more in camp. Im sure that led to Bourne thinking they implemented a new offense. They didn’t.

Here is another. The WR screen. There was a time it was a staple in our offense. Then it became a rare call. Obviously this changed due to how we were being defended. If they called that a lot more frequently all of sudden that doesn’t mean they are running a new offense.

But again, you have the perfect opportunity to prove me wrong. Go to the tape and show me what they changed. If they installed a new offense surely there will be a wealth of examples you can show.
But you won’t because there aren’t and you will continue to buy the group think even though it’s wrong, when you can literally verify it on film. You would rather be a miserable fan.

From The Athletic:

Gary Kubiak​

The 61-year-old most recently served as the Vikings’ offensive coordinator in 2020 before stepping aside in 2021 as his son, Klint, ran the Vikings offense and Kubiak served as an adviser to Mike Zimmer, then the team’s head coach. Zimmer, who like Belichick is a defense-first, no-nonsense Bill Parcells disciple, called that time with Kubiak some of the most rewarding of his entire career. Though Kubiak has ruled out becoming an NFL head coach again, he may be open to a return to the league in a different role. Kubiak won a Super Bowl as head coach of the Broncos (after beating the Patriots in the AFC title game). If Belichick wants to run the wide-zone offense that’s so popular around the league, Kubiak would be an ideal candidate. His mentor was Mike Shanahan, and in return, Kubiak mentored Kyle Shanahan, whose zone-rushing scheme has been so successful.
This actually makes sense if they really want to go to the zone scheme. He’s already clearly stated he doesn’t want to become an HC so you can keep him in his role for a while and establish some continuity, you don’t have to fret about people leaving after a year or something. Even if Bill retires in two years and Mayo takes over I could see someone like Kubiak hanging around.

From The Athletic:

Gary Kubiak​

The 61-year-old most recently served as the Vikings’ offensive coordinator in 2020 before stepping aside in 2021 as his son, Klint, ran the Vikings offense and Kubiak served as an adviser to Mike Zimmer, then the team’s head coach. Zimmer, who like Belichick is a defense-first, no-nonsense Bill Parcells disciple, called that time with Kubiak some of the most rewarding of his entire career. Though Kubiak has ruled out becoming an NFL head coach again, he may be open to a return to the league in a different role. Kubiak won a Super Bowl as head coach of the Broncos (after beating the Patriots in the AFC title game). If Belichick wants to run the wide-zone offense that’s so popular around the league, Kubiak would be an ideal candidate. His mentor was Mike Shanahan, and in return, Kubiak mentored Kyle Shanahan, whose zone-rushing scheme has been so successful.
I wouldn't hate it but didnt he have major health issues like 10 years ago? Also how the hell is he only 61? I would have thought he was Bill's age at least.

From The Athletic:

Gary Kubiak​

We think alike
I posted on the other thread at the same time that I read an article about Gary Kubiak
It was the same article you posted.
I am intrigued by Kubiak

We think alike
I posted on the other thread at the same time that I read an article about Gary Kubiak
It was the same article you posted.
I am intrigued by Kubiak
I'd be super intrigued by Kubiak too
But I thought he had health issues or something like that

Then it should be very easy for you to show me things that were new. Plays and concepts that were foreign to them until this year.
I can find you many quotes saying it was the same offense. Quotes aren’t proof. Show me on the film. It should be easy.

I’m sure they did a lot of things in camp that were different than they did last year in Bourne only year in the system. And I am sure they ran stuff more often in camp that wasn’t what they mostly ran last year.
That doesn’t make it a new offense.
The zone run scheme is a perfect example. They have always run it. They run it with different frequency with different players on the roster.
They sure ran it more in camp. Im sure that led to Bourne thinking they implemented a new offense. They didn’t.

Here is another. The WR screen. There was a time it was a staple in our offense. Then it became a rare call. Obviously this changed due to how we were being defended. If they called that a lot more frequently all of sudden that doesn’t mean they are running a new offense.

But again, you have the perfect opportunity to prove me wrong. Go to the tape and show me what they changed. If they installed a new offense surely there will be a wealth of examples you can show.
But you won’t because there aren’t and you will continue to buy the group think even though it’s wrong, when you can literally verify it on film. You would rather be a miserable fan.
I showed an article quoting a player it was new offence, an article from a reporter saying that it was new offence, and a video from a reporter saying the team had to switch back from new to old offence during the season because the new offence wasn’t working.

Die on your hill Casserly, it’s what you do.

Kingsbury's situation is interesting. He can move to a low tax country and keep most of the $$ coming his way (23-27 @ $5.5M). The world is pretty cool when you've got a lifetime supply of real money. Just take a year to mess around and see what emerges, football or something else. All riding the back of NFL ownership's ego. Pretty cool. What on earth would cause him to want to be an O coordinator?
He probably has to TRY to get a new gig as part of his current deal.

I'd be super intrigued by Kubiak too
But I thought he had health issues or something like that
I just read up on it. Back in 2010 he had a complex migrane. which caused extreme fatigue and body weakness.
He as of late served as OC and Asst HC for the Vikings in 2019 and 2020.
My guess is that was a short term problem
Edit: First article was from 10/2016 not 2010. That is when he had a complex migrane issue
Back in 2013 he had a mini stroke
He returned from both of those when he coached for the Vikings in 2019 and 2020. Then he retired
So he may not be available

Last edited:
I showed an article quoting a player it was new offence, an article from a reporter saying that it was new offence, and a video from a reporter saying the team had to switch back from new to old offence during the season because the new offence wasn’t working.

I’m of the opinion that the WR spacing and running into one another is not the same old offense; that seems new

Goes back to that word! COACHING. BB even said himself before you are only as good as the people around you! Dabol has to start being considered as one of the NFLs great coaches. He fixed Josh Allen, made Daniel Jones look like an actual QB, has his team totally bought in!

Good coaches? Yes. Let him win something before you elevate him otherwise.

Looks like Andy is now demanding that people prove their points by providing to him actual interviews a/o film.

He must've received a promotion while he was gone and requires his staff to prove everything they say. Can you imagine having Andy as your supervisor. Poor bastards.

All of which would be provable on tape. But you can’t produce that, because it doesn’t exist.
So you choose to insult the person who is correct rather than accept you are wrong, or offer legitimate proof.

Someone saying something that is verifiable then not being able to verify it is a losers argument.

By the way your articles are from June 2 and august.
And your “proof” is Tom Currans opinion which you are incapable of validating.

Why would anyone assume that Belichick withholds information and knowledge. That’s bizarre. If Mayo is the hand picked successor, as seems clear, of course belichick is going to train him completely
"Of course"? Bill strikes you as a puppies-in-a-box sharing sort of fella? IF (if) Jarrod is the "hand-picked successor," maybe, but i'm not sure (I mean that: Could be, but I'm not sure) if Bill could ever embrace the notion that his successor is in sight, nose visible beneath the tent's hem, sniffing away at his GOAT prerogatives.

"Of course"? Bill strikes you as a puppies-in-a-box sharing sort of fella? IF (if) Jarrod is the "hand-picked successor," maybe, but i'm not sure (I mean that: Could be, but I'm not sure) if Bill could ever embrace the notion that his successor is in sight, nose visible beneath the tent's hem, sniffing away at his GOAT prerogatives.
Everything every written about Belichick from people who actually are aware of how he operates and have seen it first hand indicates he teaches everyone around him at every opportunity.

Everything every written about Belichick from people who actually are aware of how he operates and have seen it first hand indicates he teaches everyone around him at every opportunity.
I do hear that. Evidently, given the dismal record of his guys as head coaches, there is room for doubt as to just how effective all that delightful "sharing" actually is.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back