PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mayo calls out BB for Mac Jones failures

Triumph

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
With each passing day, any optimism that I had regarding May as HC (and there wasn't much to begin with) is pretty much down to nothing now. I know that a change needed to be made with BB, but this outright back stabbing and venom has got to stop, whether it's the Kraft's or Mayo, it needs to end NOW!!!

With each passing day, any optimism that I had regarding May as HC (and there wasn't much to begin with) is pretty much down to nothing now. I know that a change needed to be made with BB, but this outright back stabbing and venom has got to stop, whether it's the Kraft's or Mayo, it needs to end NOW!!!
He talks alot. Better back it up.

I saw the video of him talking about it.

That was something else.

We've got to stop interpreting every quote from Wolf, Mayo, and Kraft as a direct shot at Belichick.
This is a pretty direct shot. So many things he says remind me of myself in my mid/early 20s getting my first managerial position. Except he's twice the age I was then, and I want to go back and slap my younger self. Repeatedly.

Mayo, your a Rookie head coach, with a new rookie staff trying to a pick players and coach your staff and the players after a loosing year with a coach that believed In you. Reflect on that coach....
People are reading waaaaaaay to much into this... Mayo's a bill guy, he can never disrespect bill, and everything he's meant to this organization and the league. Mayo's being himself and he will make his own name as a HC. He's telling it like is.

Don't know what the usefulness of a comment like that serves. He isn't wrong, but I don't think anyone in their right mind, even the biggest BB defenders, think that BB handled that situation well at all lol.

If BB makes it back into the league... It'd be interesting to see the matchup!

I hope Mayo does well. His rhetoric isn't controversial, but it'll age like **** if he does bad (especially since the bar is so low right now.)

People are reading waaaaaaay to much into this... Mayo's a bill guy, he can never disrespect bill, and everything he's meant to this organization and the league. Mayo's being himself and he will make his own name as a HC. He's telling it like is.
Coach Bill deserves his highest regard. He picked him, he coached him, he hired him. Coach Bill legacy is unmatched. A Coaching Einstein. He took alot of poop getting to be the greatest. No one in this organization should ever throw shade at his accomplishments here regardless of the last 4 years. I am so grateful for his tireless work, his training and coaching of late round picks to greatness. To win in my home town. Shame... Be Humble Mayo when you utter Bill's name.

Last edited:
Coach Bill deserves his highest regard. He picked him, he coached him, he hired him. Coach Bill legacy is unmatched. A Coaching Einstein. He took alot of poop getting to be the greatest. No one in this organization should ever throw shade at his accomplishments here regardless of the last 4 years. I am so grateful for his tireless work, his training and coaching of late round picks to greatness. To win in my home town. Shame... Be Humble Mayo when you utter Bill's name.

And the things is: what ends up happening on the field is what says everything. This is what Bill understood. There is functionally no positive of entertaining this dialogue - it does nothing for the TEAM. It might do **** for Kraft! Or Mayo! But not the team!

I think Bill had to leave; however I miss his approach to press and haven't been really too fond of the new approach. However, I'm making sure to not let it put me in a sour mood and discounting him just yet.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back