PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mayo calls out BB for Mac Jones failures

With each passing day, any optimism that I had regarding May as HC (and there wasn't much to begin with) is pretty much down to nothing now. I know that a change needed to be made with BB, but this outright back stabbing and venom has got to stop, whether it's the Kraft's or Mayo, it needs to end NOW!!!
So, someone apparently "Disliked" my comment (which is most certainly someone's right to do). But that begs the question: What the Hell could someone dislike about wanting all of this ******** to stop?

We've got to stop interpreting every quote from Wolf, Mayo, and Kraft as a direct shot at Belichick.
I agree with you and and I am a believer in Mayo but there were a few quotes he really should not have made as they had no upside and this is one of them.

If Mayo's intent was to take a jab at Bill, well, he should keep his mouth shut.

Bill gave him a chance as a player and coach. Bill won 6 SB titles. He is widely recognized as one of the best coaches in NFL history.

Even Little Steve is getting a few jabs in.

When introduced at the team’s media lunch on Wednesday, Belichick jumped at the first chance to fire a sarcastic hard-truth jab at the still-unemployed eight-time Super Bowl champion.

“We definitely have similarities. I got a job and he doesn’t,” Belichick told reporters, per team photographer Evan Feather. “He knows that."

Team Bill on full meltdown trigger alert. Lol

cry-about-it-cry-about-it-meme.gif

So, someone apparently "Disliked" my comment (which is most certainly someone's right to do). But that begs the question: What the Hell could someone dislike about wanting all of this ******** to stop?
Yes unnecessary drama and horrendous backstabbing.
I wish more of the Patriot's from his era here would speak up.
Kraft has been exposed as a petty man caring only about his legacy.
He's a great philanthropist and a petty owner ... how can a Dynasty show be made with so little Belichick love?

You can click on the emoji bar and see the emojis given assigned to the various posters.

I think that'd be the case if Mayo said nothing at all. Unless you win, you eventually get fired.
Yeah, I was thinking it even as I wrote it. If the rookie doesn’t work out in 3-4 years, Mayo’s gone regardless of what he says. Probably Wolf, too.

I would take it personally but that's me.

Uh...

He was telling the truth?

He said literally what every NFL talking head, fan, coach was saying.

Remember the classic : "Offense looks like it's run by a defensive guy".

Didn't expect the fanbase to get this soft, yikes.

Yeah, I was thinking it even as I wrote it. If the rookie doesn’t work out in 3-4 years, Mayo’s gone regardless of what he says. Probably Wolf, too.
You generally know once a player goes through the 2nd training camp (if healthy).

I can’t wait for the draft. All this time for talk is only creating more anxiety in the lead up.
At least with Bill, you knew we were trading down and drafting someone to play offensive or defensive line.
The fact that we might actually use a high pick on a skill player is legitimately, freaking me out.

Last edited:
I can’t wait for the draft. All this time for talk is only creating more anxiety in the lead up.
At least with Bill, you knew we were treating down and drafting someone to play offensive or defensive line.
The fact that we might actually use a high pick on a skill player is legitimately, freaking me out.

If its a QB then its a 50 - 50 chance of ending up like the Jets or Browns.

The Jags got Lawrence at # 1 and he has not lived up to all the predraft hype.

Mangini was a "Bill" guy, until he wasn't.

So, i don't buy that take.
Ok.. did someone else draft mayo? I get what your saying.. but mangina was disloyal to Bill... we know what happened.. mayo was a player and coach under the best to ever do it.. again some just read way to much into everything mayo says.. heads need to relax and focus on the team getting back to winning. All I'm saying brother!

Coach Bill deserves his highest regard. He picked him, he coached him, he hired him. Coach Bill legacy is unmatched. A Coaching Einstein. He took alot of poop getting to be the greatest. No one in this organization should ever throw shade at his accomplishments here regardless of the last 4 years. I am so grateful for his tireless work, his training and coaching of late round picks to greatness. To win in my home town. Shame... Be Humble Mayo when you utter Bill's name.
Absolutely agree! Bill is the best to ever do it! No argument there. I can even bet you Bill is in touch with mayo and probably even encouraging him to be himself, develop his own coaching style. Mayo's so unique becuase he was drafted by Bill, played At a high level, coached at a high level all under the best to ever do it. Not many can say that.

I think a lot of what Mayo says is not a dig at Bill, per se, but it's him talking to the locker room, and future locker rooms, players who might come here, either via the draft or FA. He's delivering the message that things will 100% be different down on Route 1, and he's using the media to do that. Bill did not use the media in such a manner. It's just a different style of leadership.

Most people think Bill could have supported Mac better during his time here. Saying the team/coaches are being put together with supporting a rookie qb in mind to me isn't having a pop at Bill it's just common sense. What Bill did is on Bill, talking about trying to do the best for your new incoming qb is just telling the truth and what most right minded coaches would do.

Here’s the thing. Mayo’s now drawn the line. If whoever we draft doesn’t develop, 100% will he be held accountable and summarily fired.
Correct, I keep harping on this. Mayo's not someone from outside the organization. He's been here 16 years. He's ingrained as a former player and coach. He knows better than anyone of all the ins, outs and formulas used to win.

Draft the QB, get back to winning and he establish his own HC legacy.

You can click on the emoji bar and see the emojis given assigned to the various posters.
Yep. It's usually the same one to three people on here that react negatively to anything that I post. If I said the sun has already set (when it had in fact set) they would disagree. And to such, I say this: 1711664021410.jpeg

Last edited:
Most people think Bill could have supported Mac better during his time here. Saying the team/coaches are being put together with supporting a rookie qb in mind to me isn't having a pop at Bill it's just common sense. What Bill did is on Bill, talking about trying to do the best for your new incoming qb is just telling the truth and what most right minded coaches would do.
I am so curious on this instance. Did Bill scout and pick Jones to be his qb? Seems like he was not all in. Bill is a stickler for the details. He can go back in time and remember things most people have forgotten. He can coach up offensive and defensive players thru out his career. Did he get good advice?

Ok.. did someone else draft mayo? I get what your saying.. but mangina was disloyal to Bill... we know what happened.. mayo was a player and coach under the best to ever do it.. again some just read way to much into everything mayo says.. heads need to relax and focus on the team getting back to winning. All I'm saying brother!
Team Bill has lost their ****. Some of them are actually hoping Mayo/Wolf fail so they can blame Kraft, in a delusional attempt to get him to re-hire Bill. It's quite hilarious.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back