PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mary Kay Cabot is Talking Up Jimmy G's Trade Value

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy crap! NE gonna have the #1, #2 and #3 drafting teams each with boatloads of cash, desperation, desire and positive Coach/GM appraisement going after JAG! Are you kidding me? Can you say MASSIVE bidding war? Also, not the smartest nor frugalist franchises either. ;)

The article really connected those dots. We fans are in for a wild ride on this matter this off-season. Hopefully culminating in a big payday for NE. And who knows, JAG might even be worth it. This could end up a win-win for both parties.

Last edited:
"sources have told cleveland.com that Belichick will trade Garoppolo for the right compensation."

Good gravy, I've been saying that for 6 months.
2 seconds, 4 thirds, 2 fourths, 4 fifths, and 6 sevenths :confused:

2 seconds, 4 thirds, 2 fourths, 4 fifths, and 6 sevenths :confused:

Pitchers and Catchers, pinkhat.

Patriots won the Super Bowl - - suffer that, sig troll.

Some of this logic escapes me when people say the Patriots won't get a number 1.

First, it's almost a sure thing that if you don't have a quarterback you don't win. And, if you don't win, you get fired. Why worry about a first round pick you won't be there to use.

Second, it cost the Rams two number one picks (and then some) to draft Jared Goff. Who would you rather have, Goff or Garoppolo?

I'm starting to believe that BB will get an offer he can't refuse for JG. I think that is what it will take for BB to trade him. There is a dearth of NFL qb's out there and the opportunity to get something in the draft is so minuscule at this point a high first rounder plus seems like a no brainer.

I still feel the brown's are the logical choice
because of all the picks they have. I would ask them for their 2018 first rounder and this year's second round pick and 3rd round pick. I have to ask for multiple picks for this guy.

I still have a sneaky suspicion that a Garropollo trade to Cleveland will include some sort of off-set for the (not to be realized) 3rd round comp pick for Collins. As I've said on numerous occasions, I highly doubt that Cleveland gets a 3rd round comp pick awarded this year. So instead of waiting til 2018 for a 4th round pick, the trade will be Jimmy and pick #64 plus the Seattle 4th round pick and the Collins pick for Cleveland's picks #12, and #33.

That would give the Pats a huge leverage position owning the last pick in the first round and the first pick in the second round.

The Seattle pick would have to be forfeited anyways, so why not add that to the mix. Cleveland gets Jimmy keeps pick #1 and then has picks #52, #64, #65, and a 4th.

I don't know, I mean we had the 28th pick and 33rd in 2011 and turned it into a trade down with the Saints for Vereen and a 2012 1st which was nice, and Ras-I Dowling. After a whole day of speculation on what the Patriots would do with the first pick of the second round, we did pretty much nothing.

OverTheCap is projecting Cleveland will get a 3rd round pick. Doesn't mean it will happen, but they have been pretty good with their projections.

Projecting The 2017 Compensatory Draft Picks | Over the Cap

Also suggesting we get a 5th for Hicks.

She was there almost every day in the two weeks leading up to the Super Bowl primary there for Jimmy. Apparently they talked so often he noticed her was different one day.

"sources have told cleveland.com that Belichick will trade Garoppolo for the right compensation."

Good gravy, I've been saying that for 6 months.
That's basically true of any player on the roster lol..

I'm surprised more media, especially the NFL network are not talking up Jimmy G, afterall I am sure they would prefer us to have to gamble on players in the draft than have a QB that could dominate for another 15years.

Keep the beast
Offer them Brissett.
We could get Bill Parcells taking about how hes a great kid and a winner on 24 7 news coverage.
Trade him to Cleveland for a second and third and Josh Gordon then laugh

Some speculation on what six teams might be offering for JG. Consensus seems to be a 2017 2nd round and a 2018 first at the higher end.

Sizing up potential Garoppolo trade offers

Considering that the Bears, Browns and 49ers are all very high second round picks and the depth in this draft, I'd be fine with that.

Some speculation on what six teams might be offering for JG. Consensus seems to be a 2017 2nd round and a 2018 first at the higher end.

Sizing up potential Garoppolo trade offers

Considering that the Bears, Browns and 49ers are all very high second round picks and the depth in this draft, I'd be fine with that.

I'm somewhat shocked that some team like Detroit, Carolina, Washington, San Diego or New Orleans don't offer their franchise QB's for the mother load and share the wealth with a Jimmy G trade.

Carolina will never win with Scam. Imagine what he can bring.

It also makes one speculate what the Saints can get for Brees from teams like Denver or Houston or Arizona or Kansas City.

Same for Rivers or Eli for that matter.

I'm somewhat shocked that some team like Detroit, Carolina, Washington, San Diego or New Orleans don't offer their franchise QB's for the mother load and share the wealth with a Jimmy G trade.

Carolina will never win with Scam. Imagine what he can bring.

It also makes one speculate what the Saints can get for Brees from teams like Denver or Houston or Arizona or Kansas City.

Same for Rivers or Eli for that matter.
I really would not count this out. SP has taken an interest in Jimmy awhile ago.
Saints coach, and ex-EIU QB, Payton has special interest in Garoppolo

And there are some aticles on SP trying to get Jimmy in the draft. There is no secret that BB and SP have some mutual pack. We have traded players back and forth.
I do agree also Cam is a scam also. We call him Vick 2.0.

Couple of problems to the trade is Brees is still pretty good. The Saints would have to commit to Jimmy as the next Fanchise QB. How well does Jimmy perform with a pretty sad defence, and one I think of , how much does BB care if Jimmy is successful.

If I could pick as a QB any team to command, NO would be pretty high on my list. Solid OL, decent RB's, extremely young and good WR core. with decent TE's.
NO has about 30 million in cap space, and Brees is year to year. So 2017 is out of the question, but a trade could happen.

But.. and I think the huge but is.. does BB want to trade Jimmy to a good team were he can have offensive success in his career, and possibaly his own future, or does he just want the draft picks? .. and another QB in mind.

I dont think NO can compete or should compete if its about draft picks and all about money. Brees is more than capable as a QB to carry the team for a few years more, and maybe even get 1 more shot. They are a decent defence away.

Jimmy could have great numbers in NO, and maybe even a ring. With the Browns, Jets, LA, etc.. he runs the risk of having no chance and falling in QB absurdity. It not being his fault at all. Think there are alot of things in play with the JG trade, but we really respect this kid as a QB. But Im not sure we can afford him after Godell wasted the team.
We had to spend alot of money to replace guys Godell suspended.

Last edited:
I really would not count this out. SP has taken an interest in Jimmy awhile ago.
Saints coach, and ex-EIU QB, Payton has special interest in Garoppolo

And there are some aticles on SP trying to get Jimmy in the draft. There is no secret that BB and SP have some mutual pack. We have traded players back and forth.
I do agree also Cam is a scam also. We call him Vick 2.0.

Couple of problems to the trade is Brees is still pretty good. The Saints would have to commit to Jimmy as the next Fanchise QB. How well does Jimmy perform with a pretty sad defence, and one I think of , how much does BB care if Jimmy is successful.

If I could pick as a QB any team to command, NO would be pretty high on my list. Solid OL, decent RB's, extremely young and good WR core. with decent TE's.
NO has about 30 million in cap space, and Brees is year to year. So 2017 is out of the question, but a trade could happen.

But.. and I think the huge but is.. does BB want to trade Jimmy to a good team were he can have offensive success in his career, and possibaly his own future, or does he just want the draft picks? .. and another QB in mind.

I dont think NO can compete or should compete if its about draft picks and all about money. Brees is more than capable as a QB to carry the team for a few years more, and maybe even get 1 more shot. They are a decent defence away.

Jimmy could have great numbers in NO, and maybe even a ring. With the Browns, Jets, LA, etc.. he runs the risk of having no chance and falling in QB absurdity. It not being his fault at all. Think there are alot of things in play with the JG trade, but we really respect this kid as a QB. But Im not sure we can afford him after Godell wasted the team.
We had to spend alot of money to replace guys Godell suspended.

First, I agree with the sentiment of "**** Goodell", which is a given.

Secondly, I think the Saints may be a dark horse candidate as a trading partner for Jimmy.

The Saints reportedly loved Jimmy when he was in the draft, and they have had joint practices with the Pats at least twice since then, so they have had an up close look at Jimmy since, as much as any other team has, although the Bears saw him for a week last season as well.

The Saints wouldn't get a special price, and it would likely cost a 1st and 2nd plus, but BB would probably prefer to trade him to an NFC team, and the relationship with the Saints would give them an edge.

Now if that were to happen, what could the Saints get if they were to trade Brees?

They could potentially get their franchise QB age reset at minimal to no cost.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye