PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Martellus Bennett Retires

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott99

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
@MartysaurusRex

I’ve decided to move on from the world of football and into the fantastical and wondrous world of creativity. I’m beginning what I believe to be my life’s work @ImaginationAgcy

That’s a shame, was hoping he’d play for the Pats this year. Also apologize if this was posted already, didn’t see a thread.

Maybe the only reason that Marty wanted to play football at all this season is because of the possibility that he & his brother could play on the same team at least once. Maybe he also knows more than others exactly how much trouble his brother is facing, and realizes that a reunion just isn't in the cards.

Last edited:
"I’ve decided to move on from the world of football and into the fantastical and wondrous world of creativity"

'Creativity' seems to be a Bennett family trait. Heaven knows Michael's Big Vegas Adventure was as (ahem) creative as it gets.

Whatever. He’s a headcase and a half, although no one should be too picky with the uncertainty surrounding Gronkowski and the exceptional talent that is Dwayne Allen.

Thanks for 2016, Marty. Much appreciated. Good luck smoking hookahs, writing poems, or making up new colors of the rainbow. Godspeed.

Really will miss Marty. Despite injuries, the guy played hard and played well and that's more than you can say for most. One of the examples of guys who earned the right to be different by giving his all once the whistle blows and being a complete player, blocking and catching what's thrown. A little bit of the fun of he game has passed.

I always wished he would’ve caught that pass on the interference call that put the Pats on the 2 yard line in OT in SB 51. Would’ve been an amazing thing to see him win that game. Would’ve been Brady’s 3rd TD pass in that game too.

I recommend that people listen to the podcast Bill Simmons just posted with the Bennett brothers.

Not surprising, he’s had a foot out the door since the end of the 2016 season.

Love Martellus Bennett great player great attitude great role model for the youth very creative and artisitic guy very special individual.
I'm glad he got a ring with us.
Nothing but the best for you Martellus in your after football career.

He could always un-retire right?
Overall, he just seems like a strange guy. like almost bipolar or something. But hey, what do I know?

He could always un-retire right?
Overall, he just seems like a strange guy. like almost bipolar or something. But hey, what do I know?
He’s just different. He’s got a very outgoing, artistic and fun personality. We aren’t used to seeing that in a football player, so he gets the “strange” tag.

Like that dude on the Eagles who wore that genie suit to the SB parade, just not the type of person who we associate with the NFL.

I always wished he would’ve caught that pass on the interference call that put the Pats on the 2 yard line in OT in SB 51. Would’ve been an amazing thing to see him win that game. Would’ve been Brady’s 3rd TD pass in that game too.

They forced the ball to him on the next play and it almost cost them a pick and possibly the game.

Seems like the guy has his priorities straight. I'd wager he ends up with as least as much satisfaction from his artistic pursuits as he did from football. Good role model for kids and athletes in general: don't give your life away to it.

He’s just different. He’s got a very outgoing, artistic and fun personality. We aren’t used to seeing that in a football player, so he gets the “strange” tag.

Like that dude on the Eagles who wore that genie suit to the SB parade, just not the type of person who we associate with the NFL.

I know exactly what you mean. One of our sons was an OL/power forward/slugging first-baseman and is now an artist.

We need another TE like Marty. How about you give us one more and convince Allen to retire instead. I guess a rookie will have to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News