PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Marshawn Lynch to the . . . . ???where ? . . .?Patriots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gumby

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Just saw a NYJFL Tweet/post that Lynch is unretiring, but it had no info about where he would go. So any chance that BB is who convinced him to come back or does Sea still have his rights?

Anybody have a full story url?

Yeah, he's an Oaktown kid. NE won't happen (not that I'm opposed to it).

Seahags still have his rights. He ain't going anywhere without the right $$$ for himself and the hags, and he has always said he wants to go to the Raiders.

Raiders were potential spot for Peterson or LG. If they get Lynch that'll squeeze those two even more. Still other spots (NYG for example) but a buyer's market would get even stronger.

Seahags still have his rights. He ain't going anywhere without the right $$$ for himself and the hags, and he has always said he wants to go to the Raiders.

Isn't this blatant tampering then? The Seahawks own his rights, the Raiders are trying to get him to come back, I read he was even at Oakland's facility today.

I don't know if the Seahawks can afford to wait him out. They have just over $10M in cap room with their top 51, and Lynch would come back with his $9M base salary cap hit if he unretires. The Seahawks would be pressured to move him as they're tight to the cap.

This is kind of a **** move by Lynch to Seattle. They gave him that contract extension in 2015, then he retired and they could have pursued the $5M in signing bonus they gave him as part of that deal, but let him keep it, and ate it against their cap.

Now he might come back, screw up their cap for a bit, and they will have to execute a quick trade for pennies on the dollar or cut him. I can't imagine many Seahawks fans are excited about that.

Wow, the board has truly become *insert name here* huh? Lol Every rumor since this started with him has been about the Raiders.

• Agree
Reactions: TBR
For the last month or so it's been reported that if he'd return, it would only be for the Raiders and nobody else. Zero chance he becomes a Patriot.

Wow, the board has truly become *insert name here* huh? Lol Every rumor since this started with him has been about the Raiders.

Your statistics show you've been here for 8 years. Surprised it took you this long to figure that out! ;)

For the last month or so it's been reported that if he'd return, it would only be for the Raiders and nobody else. Zero chance he becomes a Patriot.

His addition would make that offense difficult to contain. Too bad their defense is a heaping pile.

Raiders fans are calling it now. Super Bowl with Lynch and 3 defensive players drafted this season. You heard it here first...

The reality is the lost wAges raiders wont even make the playoffs. Not only that, they dont even know what city they are representing. They are lost...pun

Even with ten unretired backs who all got smoked by Hightower.

Isn't this blatant tampering then? The Seahawks own his rights, the Raiders are trying to get him to come back, I read he was even at Oakland's facility today.

I don't know if the Seahawks can afford to wait him out. They have just over $10M in cap room with their top 51, and Lynch would come back with his $9M base salary cap hit if he unretires. The Seahawks would be pressured to move him as they're tight to the cap.

This is kind of a **** move by Lynch to Seattle. They gave him that contract extension in 2015, then he retired and they could have pursued the $5M in signing bonus they gave him as part of that deal, but let him keep it, and ate it against their cap.

Now he might come back, screw up their cap for a bit, and they will have to execute a quick trade for pennies on the dollar or cut him. I can't imagine many Seahawks fans are excited about that.

seahawks gave the raiders permission to talk to lynch:

Raiders received permission to speak to Marshawn Lynch

Why do all these sportswriters act as if Lynch is some kind of Patriots' Kryptonite? He was with the Bills for 3 and a half years and they never won a game against the Patriots during that time, although you can't blame him for all of them. He missed 3 of their games against the Pats those years due to injury.

In fact, Lynch's overall record against the Patriots is 1-5. His best game against the Pats was Super Bowl 49 in, as we all know, another loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes