PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Marsh describes Pats as "no fun"

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, you didn't. You didn't at all.
Actually I did, and everytime someone in that thread said I didn't I had to correct them, I said my whole problem was one side trying to dictate behavior.

Someone else in that thread refused to stop misrepresenting, they are now on ignore.

Actually I did.

No, you didn't, which is why we had a back-and-forth on the issue. When you say "I don't 'A'", and then you 'A', the saying that you don't does not negate the fact that you do.

The off season is a time for the trolls to come out from under their bridges. I'm surprised BB didn't put any fin time in his training schedule for the enjoyment of the players. My employer was always concerned about me, making sure that I was having fun at work.

No, you didn't, which is why we had a back-and-forth on the issue. When you say "I don't 'A'", and then you 'A', the saying that you don't does not negate the fact that you do.
There’s about a 100 posts of me saying the exact opposite of what you claim, I’m not getting into this on this thread.

There are at will jobs that give signing bonuses.
Yes, I received them myself. They have strings attached like the NFL contracts do, minus the complications of the salary cap management.

Anyway, you asked why the NFLPA agrees to this and that's the answer.

Regards,
Chris

Which makes me ponder...why the **** does the NFLPA repeatedly allow the employers to end the contract whenever they want but the player has no ability to quit? I don't want to hear that "overpaid" crap.

@lancerman's response was pretty close to summing it up. I'd add that in a hard salary cap league with such a brief average career span guaranteed contracts are not the hill the NFLPA should choose to die on since it would not only limit the compensation and benefits the average player makes but create less opportunity for 2nd contracts and additional bonuses that come with the movement of bubble veterans. While there is no language in it that keeps agents from negotiating fully guaranteed contracts at least half the CBA would need re-writing if all contracts were required to be guaranteed.

There are at will jobs that give signing bonuses.

Contract employment to 'at will jobs' is an apples to oranges comparison. In the context it was used the term signing bonus was reflective of the true guaranteed money in an NFL contract. Signing bonuses for an 'at will' job not only often do have strings attached they also aren't usually anywhere near as high a % of total earnings as they are in an NFL contract.

That's where we disagree. Marsh was just bad at setting the edge. Browner similarly only had one skill set. In one case we asked Browner to do what he was good at. In another case we asked Marsh to do more than what he was good at. One guy succeeded, one didn't

Brown was big enough and fast enough to tackle someone. The only apt comparison to him was Monty Biesel. He pretty much says he wasn't willing to make an effort to do what the team needed. He was also probably a ****y and didn't want to tackle big players. The latter is my editorial comment.

Actually I did, and everytime someone in that thread said I didn't I had to correct them...

TBH unless there's some contractual obligation we are unaware of or a heretofore unknown physiological condition that would result in your spontaneous combustion if you did not respond you didn't really have to correct them. ;)

Hmmm... What if such a condition really does exist and it truly is a physical need vs a want or compulsion? That could mean I've been far too harsh in mocking AJ's ridiculously extreme argumentative streak...

Last edited:
TBH unless there's some contractual obligation we are unaware of or a heretofore unknown physiological condition that would result in your spontaneous combustion if you did not respond you didn't really have to correct them. ;)

Hmmm... What if such a condition really does exist and it truly is a need vs a want or compulsion? That could mean I've been far too harsh in mocking AJ's ridiculously extreme argumentative streak...
I HAD TO. And yes I had to block AJ to help my affliction.

Unacceptable! That is not the way I coach em'!

Sammy. Sammy, Sammy (smh) you know better than to believe we think you had anything to do with it. We all know any Sammy trained youngster would be all like...

it seems pretty clear this millenial generation does not relate to Bill. bill is very old school. he learned from guys like parcells and paul brown.

it seems pretty clear this millenial generation does not relate to Bill. bill is very old school. he learned from guys like parcells and paul brown.
**** millennials. :mad:

I am so sick of this no fun BS. Quite frankly it pisses me off.

This smacks of entitlement.

I deserve to have fun.

This ham n egger is lucky to have a job.

I know, right? It sounds a lot like high school football when it's ran by an actual strong leader at head coach, who demands actual discipline. I think at many high schools, the coaches are weak, so the stars get away with certain behavior, and then they get to college, and everyone on the team was a star back in high school who's used to lack of discipline. Then, amplify that effect once they get to the NFL, and coaches can get fired if they anger the players.

My favorite football movie is The Junction Boys, which is about Paul Bear Bryant in Junction, TX. Really captures that disciplined approach that I feel is at the very heart of football.

In other former Patriots news, Clay Harbor is a contestant on The Bachelorette.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes