PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Marsh describes Pats as "no fun"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny that is what I thought every time I had the unfortunate displeasure of watching him take the field...No Fun!

One of my least favorite Patriots ever. I could not stand that guy and his stupid Road Warrior wanna be make up job.

Oh, those aren’t permanent? Like most irrelevant players, his off the field photo is never seen. I just assumed he was a crazy man, living on the edge. Now I guess he’s just a moron who is mediocre at his primary craft.
Glad we gave up 2 picks to get him.

I didn’t read the thread yet but the homers here must be absolutely foaming at the mouth

By “ homers” you must be talking about the fans who have been right about how good this franchise has been the past 18 years. You certainly weren’t talking about the crybaby morons who *****, moan, and whine about every and any little thing they can glom onto.

If what the movie portrayed was what actually happened there, then that is taking discipline Way too far in the opposite direction.
I have a feeling it was worse - so bad that Bryant did in fact apologize to them years later. Far worse than anything he did at Alabama. But it was a different time.

Eric Mangini is on First things First this morning and just roasted Marsh. Mangini of all people is defending Bill here and was hilarious about it. Mentioned dude’s expectations of himself were lower than what NE wanted him to do along with him not having a whole bunch of teams trying to claim him.

I bet playing for Vince Lombardi wasn't fun either

Well, it's been a lot of fun watching them over the years.

I wonder if those fans who make about $40K/year collecting garbage think their job is "fun." How about the that liquor store own cleaning up the bathroom after one of his alcoholic customers sh*t all over the floor?

I am so sick of this no fun BS. Quite frankly it pisses me off.

This smacks of entitlement.

I deserve to have fun.

This ham n egger is lucky to have a job.

Well, Had hopes for him but he was "NO FUN TO WATCH". so that evened out.Too many tattoos slowed him down.

Your name is fun. Besides the tattoos that are fun.

The Pats have no fun? When they are hoisting trophy's everyone seems giddy to me. You know, laughing hysterically, tears of joy (maybe he mistook that for no fun), hugging each other and more " I love you man " than you can hear in some of our noted fair Cape Cod communities (with all due respect).

Seems like the Pats have fun riding Duck Boats?.....Oh yeah Mr. Marsh did not apply himself to contribute to that level of fun.

The guys outside doing yard work today aren't enjoying tea and crumpets and wearing beanie copter hats, they are working. The pilot in that airplane is not hiring a mariachi band prior to telling you to please buckle your seat belts for take off. The Paramedic isn't high fiving his partner with every chest compression. It's called work. Fun comes after the job is done well.

Fun is playing for the Cleveland Browns knowing after game 16 when you pick up your participant check, the golf season arrives. Bet Jamie Collins has lots of fun.

And note to Mr. Marsh; You were blessed with the ability to play sports your whole life. You probably never had a job and boosters paid your way with money in your pocket. Most of us on this forum would be glad to swap with you on our jobs, so we could have no fun too.

Fun is success. Success is fun.

DW Toys

Last edited:
He seems to be enjoying his 15 minutes of fame. He’s now taking shots at the fans too. Someone’s ass hurts because he wasn’t able to get it done on one of the premier dynasties the NFL has ever seen. LOL... loser.

Looks like the pats need to include in players 'contract a happiness clause. Need to make sure players are "happy" and their stay in New England is "a fun and enjoyable vacation".

That's sort of how I would describe watching Marsh play defense.

Last edited:
He seems to be enjoying his 15 minutes of fame. He’s now taking shots at the fans too. Someone’s ass hurts because he wasn’t able to get it done on one of the premier dynasties the NFL has ever seen. LOL... loser.

You can add Colin Cowherd to the list of those who have mocked Mr. Marsh over his comments.

I define "homer" as a fan of the team who wants to see the Patriots to win. Perhaps your definition is different.
I define it as a fan who thinks their team does no wrong and agrees with every move they make. There's no fun in being a fan if you don't question what they do based upon what you learn about players you watch and what you know about the game.

I'm in the camp that believe that BB/Pats have left a lot of Super Bowls on the table which was due to questionable moves that weakened their roster which prevented them from winning.

If what the movie portrayed was what actually happened there, then that is taking discipline Way too far in the opposite direction.

I'm pretty sure everyone who's played football has had some moments where they were afraid or thought **** had gone too far. That's just life though; it transcends football. Not saying I support running your players until they collapse and go to the hospital, but it's also just a movie.

Once you drop that fear, you realize you can go further than you thought you could. That's personal growth.

Will the team have to revise it's brochure now?

I define it as a fan who thinks their team does no wrong and agrees with every move they make. There's no fun in being a fan if you don't question what they do based upon what you learn about players you watch and what you know about the game.

I'm in the camp that believe that BB/Pats have left a lot of Super Bowls on the table which was due to questionable moves that weakened their roster which prevented them from winning.
A homer is someone who can’t look at their team objectively.

But that can be said about every team. Has there ever been a team that was correct in every roster decision and STILL didn't win a Super Bowl?

Of course there are mistakes made in building the team and mistakes made in coaching. They're human. It doesn't make me a homer though to acknowledge that no team has done it better for a longer period.

Someone could study every at bat in the career of Ted Williams and conclude his OBP could have been higher. But the same is true for every baseball player ever, and it ignores the fact that nobody got on base on average more often than Ted did, before or since.

I dont agree or like every move they make but left a lot of super bowls on the table? I can see 1 they may or may not have, how do you come up with many?

I'm a bit late to this thread but isn't Marsh the same guy who had consecutive roughing the kicker penalties for us or am I thinking of someone else?

White, tatted up Patriots edge defender with left-wing politics leaves team due to unhappiness about being asked to do more than one thing.

Surprisingly not the first time this very specific thing has happened in the past 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes