PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mariota more than likely to be released per source.

Tbh I would flip them a 6th just to secure him before free agency starts so players know they have somewhat of a plan at QB. Then I would draft someone like Davis Mills.

Tbh I would flip them a 6th just to secure him before free agency starts so players know they have somewhat of a plan at QB. Then I would draft someone like Davis Mills.
I’d flip a 6th then get Marcus to restructure his contract.
Exactly we need Free agents to know we have a guy who can get them the ball and we have faith in.

Bill has a 1 year / $1 million dollar contract burning a hole in his pocket, just waiting to pounce when the right moment arrives

I will say the same thing about trading for Mariota the I said about trading for Garoppolo: If you trade for the player, you're stuck with the contract. Obviously, yes, you can always try to restructure but that makes you negotiate from a position of weakness as opposed to a position of strength.

We might not like this contract.
11 million dollar 1 year deal? thats a steal if he's your starter

I would actually bump it up a bit and extend him ... team option etc etc

What....JaMarcus Russell isn't available? Hairyodor belongs on the beach playing a ukelele and singing Don Ho's "Tiny Bubbles" with Kumon Iwanalaya...

If he's willing to sign a cheap deal as a FA, sure. I don't want him for $11M (which escalates if we actually use him).

Mariota will likely go to the bidder who can pay him 10 million or more . With his current contract structure, doubt any team would trade him.

There is no team apart from us who would want him as a starter. Maybe broncos that's it..we should be able to get him for 5 million + bonus topping at 9 million.

Mariota will likely go to the bidder who can pay him 10 million or more . With his current contract structure, doubt any team would trade him.

There is no team apart from us who would want him as a starter. Maybe broncos that's it..we should be able to get him for 5 million + bonus topping at 9 million.
Eagles?
Niners in a surprise twist?
Carolina?
Chicago?
There could be other suiters out there.
I love the idea of signing Marcus then drafting Lance or Wilson in the first or Kellen Mond in the 4th

His contract is radioactive. The idea that there was ever a serious trade potential there for him is the province of idiot Raider homers. He has no reason to agree to a new contract that would facilitate a trade because if the Raiders keep him there's always the chance Carr gets his ACL destroyed week 1 and he gets to start again.

Unless he's willing to weaken his position in order to get a chance to start he's going to be cut.

Reactions: Ian

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back