PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mariota more than likely to be released per source.

You are correct about Mariota and his injury history. It's the same with Jimmy Garropolo and Teddy Bridgewater. All three guys are fragile, for whatever reason. But I'd be comfortable bringing any of them in and drafting a QB with the 4th rounder. Mitch Trubisky is the best choice of among the four younger free agents with a history of some success as a starter given his age and relative lack of wear and tear.
With any of those you need to also draft a QB in round 1 or worse case trade up to the top of round 2.

Who cares about Mariota when we about to trade for Watson.

Lock of the week if Mo tweets it! Jk, this guy sucks.

That guy is an idiot, but it would be pretty cool. I know people say he'll never want to come to NE, but recall he signed his big extension while BOB was there/the GM. He didn't get as pissy until Hopkins was traded (which is said to be an Easterby decision) and then after BOB was canned. I don't think he necessarily takes issue with the "Patriot-ness" in Houston, he takes issue with Easterby and McNair for saying one thing and doing another.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back