PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mariota more than likely to be released per source.

Thing is, the draft is an inexact science. Dak prescott was a 4th rounder, Jimmy G a 2nd, lamar jackson was #32 russell wilson was a 3rd rounder. If you redid those drafts today almost all would go in the top 10

So, while we hear over and over you can't find a QB past the top 10 it's not necessarily true. I keep hearing radio guys parrot "where the Patriots are picking you can't get an impact guy"
The round doesn't matter. I'd pull up the posts about this, but either I'm still struggling with the search function the search isn't what it once was, or the threads are gone.

The bottom line is that, in the recent NFL, you've got some shot of getting a legit QB if you take one of the top 7 QBs, and almost no chance of getting one after that. And taking even the QB#1 is nothing even approaching a guarantee that the guy will work out.

DraftHistory.com

Bill scraping the bottom of the barrel for these trash QBs is like a hammered frat guy who struck out at the bar and is looking to haul in a whale before last call.

Bill scraping the bottom of the barrel for these trash QBs is like a hammered frat guy who struck out at the bar and is looking to haul in a whale before last call.
Bill's hog hunting?

Beached whales need love too.

It is not about what round a qb is picked, it is about what they do with their opportunity!

Who cares about Mariota when we about to trade for Watson.

Lock of the week if Mo tweets it! Jk, this guy sucks.

while I agree, we need to quit talking about scaryota, what kind of package could bb put together for Watson and why would Watson waive his no trade clause to come here?

Sam Elliott as Ted Turner in The Gregory Peck Story?

The round doesn't matter. I'd pull up the posts about this, but either I'm still struggling with the search function the search isn't what it once was, or the threads are gone.

The bottom line is that, in the recent NFL, you've got some shot of getting a legit QB if you take one of the top 7 QBs, and almost no chance of getting one after that. And taking even the QB#1 is nothing even approaching a guarantee that the guy will work out.

DraftHistory.com

@Ian

I have been having a problem with the search function as well.

DraftHistory.com

Yeah, I think Jimmy G was still the 4th QB in the year he went even though he was a 2nd rounder. I think the problem is, this year the demand for QB's in the draft outweighs the supply so the guys may be gone by the time the patriots pick.

But then again, guys always fall and rise in the draft.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Back