PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Marcus Cannon signed to PS

Giardi is such a prick. Fits right in with the modern media tone.

Who on the team has made a 'public proclamation, assuring us the OL is fine'? Bueller ... anyone?

No one has. Not one person. The team, generally, has expressed confidence in themselves and the process which they're going through. No one has publicly assured anything.

Giardi is miserable. Dude sucks.

Agree. Don't like Giardi. Entitled little puke.

BB made assurances to no one.

Bill might not have, but Matty Groh did:

permanent call up? I had not read that... So it was just a signing to the 53? Okay... that works... they can always cut/resign him to the ps if needed as he will clear waivers...

If its one of the "two" call ups teams are allowed (players who don't have to go thru waivers to be sent back to the PS) the reversion to the PS is automatic.... which is what I thought they did with Ferentz

This goes back to what we discussed earlier. By being on the actual 53 and not a call-up is Ferentz salary guaranteed? If so, then if cut, is that money counted against the cap and his new salary added in again? I don't know.

This goes back to what we discussed earlier. By being on the actual 53 and not a call-up is Ferentz salary guaranteed? If so, then if cut, is that money counted against the cap and his new salary added in again? I don't know.
He is a vested veteran, so if he is on the roster for week 1 it is, for all intents and purposes, guaranteed money...

Kicking the tires, seeing what he has left in the tank.

It's close that S. Jackson was done, and Cannon might also be.
Still not close because we don't know if Cannon is done.

Way too much jumping to conclusions around here.

Still not close because we don't know if Cannon is done.

Way too much jumping to conclusions around here.

I agree with the comment, but many thought Jackson was not done when he was initially signed.

So I still cling to that admittedly thin point.

He is a vested veteran, so if he is on the roster for week 1 it is, for all intents and purposes, guaranteed money...

Right so I would think no more practice squad for him or is it ok with the new rules?

I agree with the comment, but many thought Jackson was not done when he was initially signed.

So I still cling to that admittedly thin point.
:)

Yes it is... But signing this broken-down old warhorse doesn't help matters... In... the... Slightest.

That depends on where his game is at this point, and we don't know the answer to that right now.

It really is a great signing.

Bill is the best at using the modern day practice squad rules.

He could stay healthy, he could get cut tomorrow... they're kicking the tires in case they decide to trade Wynn.

Having experienced players on the practice squad is the 2022 version of the old 'shadow roster' when the team worked out veterans simply to have them on speed dial if needed. At least this way the team is able to ensure that they are in football shape. Given the importance and instability at tackle Cannon is at least worth investigating. Cannon has been effective when healthy and has had two years to heal up so he may be able to help.

I think that trading Wynn is not going to happen, he has not been around due to the back injury. Talk radio continues to beat the drum that both Brown and Wynn are disgruntled due to the position flip. Having both starting OTs not playing to their potential is not a good thing. I agree with the many people who are stating that Brown is a key to a successful season, hopefully the noise is baseless and Wynn will be able to play at his best level if his injury is managed.

Right so I would think no more practice squad for him or is it ok with the new rules?
Im not quite sure... Thats why I thought they promoted him, because it saves them the money on his contract if he's cut... but honestly there might be another way around it that i'm not seeing... the nfl has a tendency to make simple things very complex for some stupid reason...

If he’s cut his salary counts against the cap. There is no new salary to add in. Because he’s cut

If Cannon rounds out into game shape, who would you prefer to get called up to the 53, him or Ferentz? Honestly it doesn't matter as the move adds flexibility to the depth options that can be gained by ps players... Call ups are limited, and the more depth you have to use for call ups, the better
???

Ferentz backs up at OG and OC.

???

Ferentz backs up at ... OC.

he's calling the plays now? :mad:

wth...

Thats just too much BB... :mad:

all kidding aside... if Ferentz stays on the 53 then it doesnt matter... Cannon still provides experience, especially compared to Hines and Bill Murray

he's calling the plays now? :mad:

wth...

Thats just too much BB... :mad:

all kidding aside... if Ferentz stays on the 53 then it doesnt matter... Cannon still provides experience, especially compared to Hines and Bill Murray
fair enough

I'm fine with adding Cannon.

An equivalent guard would be nice.
========
I suspect that Bill is just fine with Ferentz as the first backup OG off the bench.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back