PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mandatory Mini Camp Practice- 6/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Mac Jones behalf, Garrapolo threw for 5 interceptions in a practice or preseason game and went on to the superbowl. Just a bunch of learning going on.

The Pistons only became champions due to the decline of the Celtics and Lakers. It wasn't that they were a great team. It was that the great teams were aging out and/or fading due to injuries. So it's not really an issue of optimism. It's more an issue of just assuming Bias was what people thought he might be. Just think about the possibilities of the Celtics having Bias in 88-89, when Bird missed most of the season. That's a season that could have been a Celtics title.
Damn, Id be disappointed if Mac was no better than JimmyG.
At this point I’d take it as long as Mac’s not made of glass. Hoping for elite though.

Will never forget being in Boston on leave during that week...Watched the draft at the old Dockside sports bar downtown...Then a couple of days later the Herald ran an afternoon Special Edition with the front-page headline: Len Bias Dead...

That was the beginning of the End for the next 22 years...
Not sure they would have squeezed out another title but they would have closer no question.

What have you seen from, or heard about, Newton that gives you any confidence about his ability to be an NFL starting QB in 2021?
Damn, your question is tipping your hand here. Newton can throw with both arms to the same effects. Not many can say that in the NFL.

Absolutely. I am thinking they need at least 4 TEs on the roster and all 4 need to be better than a JAG. Hopefully Asiasi keeps it up. Keene, who knows - he's kind of a differently build and seems further away. Maybe LaCosse actually is kept? Not sure if he's really more than a JAG though...
I think Smith, Double H, Asiasi and Jakob is enough.

Still a ways to go before September but if we buy into the beat-writer's consensus which is Mac picking up things faster than the coaching staff anticipated and earning extra snaps away from Cam.......July and August will be very interesting around here.

BB will downplay, poo-poo it, dismiss it but if he thinks playing Mac will accelerate his growth and not stunt it and help the team win just as much Cam would.....hes playing him. Full stop.
Agreed RW. IMHO BB is acting exactly like one would expect him to with a new rookie QB that looks both promising and maybe perhaps just a little bit ahead of the usual rookie development curve: say a few tepid nice things about the rookie while heaping piles and piles of praise on the veteran QB (who admittedly has been a model citizen for the Pats). What else would anyone expect BB to do in this situation? I'm not convinced Mac will be starting on day one (if he took it a bit slow with Tom Brady I don't think he will rush Mac) but if it happens it certainly won't be telegraphed in advanced by BB. The more happy BB is with Mac's progress the more likely he is to have the same expression as he did on Mac's Pro Day, copied below ;)
Screen-Shot-2021-03-30-at-10.33.01-AM.jpg

Add Reggie Lewis.....
Another horrible doggone shame. Even worse than Bias. Reggie was just becoming an nba star and was a really good dude. I worked right across the street from NU when he and Calhoun were there. Bias' death was due to blow.
Reggie had an undiagnosed congenital heart problem. Damn tragedy

Was just going to post the same Bedard tweet @Deus Irae posted.

I don’t think I remember any QB who has gotten so much back patting and reassurance from his team as much as Cam has with us. Not even Brady.

Really bizarre. If the dude stinks (and he does) does it really matter why?

I usually try to stay away from full on flame bait comments in football forums except for the "the Pats must sign highest paid WR X, Y or Z or they'll suck!" threads, but saying VT and NH are the same???? (must hold back....)
No no, you couldn't be more correct.

What could have been- Birds career gets extended, how many more titles would they have won? 3?4? More?

Definitely 1987, maybe '88...From that point, they would've needed more help from the front office (keeping Brian Shaw, maybe accepting Indiana's offer for Bird) and from the coaching staff (resting McHale for the '87 POs in particular and resting the starters in general)...

It’s becoming increasingly likely that Cam is gonna be starting week 1 and I’ve never felt so disgusted as a fan.
Really, not even when brady left? I want to see something from M Jones before i put him in Canton. If newton sucks then he should be replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes