PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Malcolm Mitchell is the best rookie WR since...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmt57

Staff member
Reaction score
Alright, full disclosure.

I loathe cliffhanger thread titles such as this one.

But let us throw this question out to the masses.

Who was, in his rookie season, the last best wide receiver prior to Malcolm Mitchell for the Patriots?

Stanley Morgan ??

Edit: I'll revise that to Glenn ...But I'm partial to Stanley, he was my next door neighbor ,,,LOL

Last edited:
Well Jules did catch 2 TDs in a playoff game as a rookie.

I hate to say it, but at this point in his rookie season, Aaron Dobson had a better rookie season than Mitchell has. I expect by the end of the year, that will have changed and Mitchell will have a better rookie season.

But Terry Glenn had a better rookie season (90 catches for 1132 yards and 6 TDs).

I hate to say it, but at this point in his rookie season, Aaron Dobson had a better rookie season than Mitchell has. I expect by the end of the year, that will have changed and Mitchell will have a better rookie season.

But Terry Glenn had a better rookie season (90 catches for 1132 yards and 6 TDs).

Not sure about Dobson but you are right about Glen. I don't really remember Dobsons rookie season.

Mitchell is developing just fine. Draft report said struggles to get separation. Poppycock.

Has the size...and hands and the IQ....love this kid. I better see some more of his jerseys in the proshop and more walking around in 2 weeks on MNF!

Not sure about Dobson but you are right about Glen. I don't really remember Dobsons rookie season.

Dobson had 37 catches for 519 yards and 4 TDs. By this time his rookie season, he had 30 catches for 492 yards and 4 TDs. He got injured the last week of November in his rookie season and missed several games and got 7 catches for 27 yards in the last two games of the season.

best wr rookie since the Twig

Remember Mitchell was not even going to be a WR at Georgia- rather a DB. Then he was hurt. He is still learning to play the position.

Unfortunately, Dobson did look very promising his rookie year... Mitchell hopefully stays healthy and continues to go in the right direction.

Blocks, runs good routes, gains separation. I imagine he can only get better so I'd say so far so good. A lot to be excited about with this rookie.

Unfortunately, Dobson did look very promising his rookie year... Mitchell hopefully stays healthy and continues to go in the right direction.
Never felt any smoothness about Dobson. I feel it with Mitchell. With Dobson it was more about what others were saying about his capacity instead of what I was actually seeing.

Dobson had better numbers than Branch in their rookie seasons but he got those numbers by default. Lots of scrubs have had good numbers in New England in the same "by default" fashion only to get run out of town in the offseason (Reche Caldwell, Brandon Lloyd)

Mitchell looks good since TC. That gross injury is the only thing that has held him back. Now things seem to be clicking. And I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back