PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Malcolm Butler Says Super Bowl Benching Documentary/Book Coming

Sure they do, 50% credit to the QB, 20% to the coaching. How else should I break it down? I'm trying to relearn how to be a Pats fan, obviously I'm not getting it and need some help.
Credit and blame are not the same thing. Get a dictionary before you say anything else stupid.

The part I don't like is ascribing base motives to people for an incident. Belichick is there to win football games, that is beyind all reasonable doubt. To declare as fact that he cost the team wins cause he didn't like somebody, or he was favoring his son, or he hired a coach cause his salary was being paid by someone else, or some other imagined motive, is such a remote possibility that you need some proof to say it. Otherwise don't say it, or at least couch it in terms of "it's possible that...".

What’s worse is creating a narrative out of thin air to create criticism over.
You mean like Malcolm had a concussion? Which means Belichick lied on the injury report. And Belichick had total disregard for Malcolm's health and well-being by playing him on ST. So is this what we're going with?

For the third time: with zero pass rush there was no guarantee he would have been better assuming he was prepared and healthy, which is in question. Butler was not a shutdown corner, people are overstating what he brought to the table. That Pats pass defense was bottom of the league all season.
No one is saying we had the 85 Bears D.

But all we needed was one stop. One. We had 2 of the worst cover guys I’ve ever seen playing on WRs who were way beyond their coverage skills. In the 2nd half I really can’t fathom why Butler couldn’t have been put in. He couldn’t be any worse then Richards or Badimosi.

2) figure the reason must have been legit
Give me an example of a "legit" reason given Malcolm was in uniform, standing on the sideline, played on ST, and said after the game that he could have played (more) and helped the team.

Thanks for proving my point.

Saying that Mac was playing like **** isn't being a hater because he was. Lombardi called for his benching, is he a hater too? My posts are based on metrics to prove my opinions instead of caption driven memes to troll and attack posters.

I didn't start that thread. There were >100 votes in that thread, 60% voted for Zappe. Are you on record that >60 posters are Mac-haters?

I want this team to succeed which means having to make difficult, sometimes unpopular decisions:
1. Stop trying to win with jags;
2. Sign more elite players;
3. Find the best coaches in the league outside of Bill's circle;
4. The record of 70+ year old coaches isn't good (sub .500), maybe its time to look at the future.

All of the above if enacted would lead to better results than we've experienced the last 3 seasons. Blindly saying In Bill We Trust got us last season = a disaster.

I'm a practical man not a blind homer like you. There's always room for improvement. OTOH your refusal to accept any level of criticism of the team (done by every one of the other 31 fan bases) is tantamount to trying to silence a/o censor opinions.

I was among the first if not THE first poster on this site to call 2022 the worst coaching effort of BB's career. And you have the temerity to call me a blind IBWT "homer"? You are a Mac hater and BB hater -- it's well established, just own it and quit whining. Either that or put me on ignore. Calling yourself "a practical man" in protest is as silly as it gets.

I was among the first if not THE first poster on this site to call 2022 the worst coaching effort of BB's career.
I agree you did say that after the fact but you also attacked many posters that called into question Bill's decision from the get go, so no, you weren't even close to being the first.
And you have the temerity to call me a blind IBWT "homer"?
You are what your posts say you are.

You are a Mac hater and BB hater -- it's well established, just own it and quit whining. Either that or put me on ignore. Calling yourself "a practical man" in protest is as silly as it gets.
Well established? By your agenda-driven narrative to label posters as haters? Yes, that's what I've been saying. Glad you agree.

His story would make a good Disney movie, of course he'd omit how he screwed his team the week leading up to the Super Bowl because he was sour about his contract situation.

Butler was on the sideline crying tears right before the game started. Those are the actions of a man who felt guilty, who screwed up, who let his brothers down… a man who felt slighted wouldn’t be crying, he’d be fuming. But it's more important the BB haters have a scapeGOAT.

His story would make a good Disney movie, of course he'd omit how he screwed his team the week leading up to the Super Bowl because he was sour about his contract situation.
Sounds like you agree with us that Butler would've made a difference. But why Bill, why didn't you let go of your stubborn pride and let him play the 2nd half, for the good of the team?

Sounds like you agree with us that Butler would've made a difference. But why Bill, why didn't you let go of your stubborn pride and let him play the 2nd half, for the good of the team?
Butler gave up the most touchdowns and yards of any starting CB in the NFL that season... he wouldn't have helped at all.

Then he went to Tennessee and their fans had instant buyer's remorse regarding his big contract, especially after he got benched for nickel corner Adoree Jackson due to poor performance.

They would have beaten the Eagles if Donta Hightower, Alan Branch, Jon Jones and Patrick Chung weren't hurt for the game... wish in one hand and sht in the other, see which fills up first.

Not Bill's personality.

It would be up to Malcolm - possibly along with a defensive captain - to ask Patricia &/or Belichick.

Bill (& Kraft) do not make adjustments or exceptions to their modus operandi.

Just ask Tom, who just retired as a Buc.
I see what you did there, quoting a post of mine from another Butler thread from 2021

It’s not going to work, I refuse to get sucked in this time. Away evil spirit!

They would have beaten the Eagles if Donta Hightower, Alan Branch, Jon Jones and Patrick Chung weren't hurt for the game... wish in one hand and sht in the other, see which fills up first.

You clearly don’t understand what that saying means :evil:

You clearly don’t understand what that saying means :evil:
You clearly find yourself involved in every conversation on this site that allows you to say "BB screwed up" but still pretend you aren't a hater.

Tell us how BB could have prevented Hightower, Branch, Chung and Jon Jones from getting hurt... otherwise stop pretending.

Butler sucked all season, he sucked on the Titans after he left... but somehow he would have helped as the Eagles were rolling up almost 200 rushing yards on our injury depleted defense.

BB sucks... it's what you, Venereal and Crawdaddy really want to say.

Can you guys show us on this doll where coach Belichick touched you?

Last edited:
BB sucks.
To the tune of 6 rings as a head coach, eventually the most wins in history, and 2 more rings as a defensive coordinator.

Easily the suckiest take in Patriot Nation. Congrats!

Last edited:
You mean like Malcolm had a concussion? Which means Belichick lied on the injury report. And Belichick had total disregard for Malcolm's health and well-being by playing him on ST. So is this what we're going with?
That’s just another example of things being made up. That is exactly my point.

BB drafted Tom Brady.

giphy.gif

Give me an example of a "legit" reason given Malcolm was in uniform, standing on the sideline, played on ST, and said after the game that he could have played (more) and helped the team.
Sure. He was sick, missed practice, practiced horribly when he did show up and was mentally unprepared to play.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back