PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Malcolm Butler Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry our, stubborn and arrogant Coach cost the players, fans and you Malcolm from a Lomdardi, due simply to his ego, this is an outrage...
Put a GM over him...

I'm defending his choice if BB didn't think Malcolm could help the team.

Your tone was unappreciated.

Right and the people here who are upset are wondering why after the defense was thoroughly and completely dissected, didn't BB at least SEE if Butler could make a difference.

Do you think Butler should have had more then zero snaps on defense?

I think that is what it all boils down to in my mind and maybe the minds of others. They dressed him, He was active, He had ZERO snaps on defense in a game where the defense gave up 40+ points almost all of it through the air.

I am still trying to figure out how you do something like this before the start of the game. Doesn't that mentally affect a team? Did all these guys know that butler wasn't going to play on sunday?

I am still trying to figure out how you do something like this before the start of the game. Doesn't that mentally affect a team? Did all these guys know that butler wasn't going to play on sunday?
apparently they found out just moments before the game. Rowe had no idea he would start it's just odd

Bill
Bill didn't care..

I wouldn't go that far
I wouldn't either, but there should be a check somewhere. Maybe a front office person who Belichick has to run everything by and if something controversial comes up a mandated coaches meeting. That way Belichick can't just do this last minute and catch everyone off guard.

To me it feels like he tried it two weeks ago and Patricia and other coaches talked him down. Then this week he felt the same, and sprung it on everyone day of so he couldn't be talked out of it, and then told people just before the game when nothing could be done about it and nobody had the luxury of bugging the head coach right before the Super Bowl.

If there were no issues off the field (and even if there was), BB has to explain this. Even if for some dumb reason, BB demoted/benched Butler, not putting him in there is even worse.

I'm pissed about this situation, we basically handed the Eagles the SB

Bill Benches Malcolm
Patriots defense has worst game of year

Yeah, Butler clearly was not to be trusted "on the field on any level".

rofl.gif

Right Deus. He was much better this year than last year.

That's completely irrelevant to the issue at hand. Just how ridiculous are you going to get with this? You jumped the gun, making foolish speculations. Acknowledge that, step back, and regroup, instead of continuing to clown yourself.

Brady is supporting his teammate's goodbye message and against what the media has puzzled together. This has nothing to do with BB.

Funny Stuff. Yeah Brady is in a cocoon and doesn't realize that the Butler benching was creating a controversy, he is supportive of a team mate who blew the SB because of his (presumed) bad actions. He supports Butler when he lies and proclaims his innocence.

Yeah makes perfect sense. How does it feel when you are twisted like a pretzel?

:rolleyes:

I'm defending his choice if BB didn't think Malcolm could help the team.

Your tone was unappreciated.

Good Lord, Robert. We KNOW Bill didn't think Malcolm was the best choice for the game. That part is fine. What we have a problem with is that when it became clear that Bill's choice to replace Malcolm was not working and was being specifically targeted by the Eagles (with great success), Bill failed to correct the situation.

What was Bill's motivation?

Why would Bill keep his 1000 snap, #2 CB, Super Bowl/Pro Bowl defender out of the most important game of the year?

Those are great questions. Maybe he'll answer them someday.

Last edited:
...or he was not to be trusted to do what was required on the field.
And neither were the people he put out there instead. So there was no reason not to try.

So either he was 100% correct in his assumption and never bothered to test it, in which case he deserves criticism for managing and fielding a piece of crap defense that couldn't do a thing all game.

Or he was wrong and fielded lesser talent for other reasons and deserves criticism for not not going with his best.

Either way is a bad look for him. But considering he didn't bother to test it, considering Butler started more snaps than any other defensive player this year...... he deserves criticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back