PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Malcolm Butler Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Butler’s willingness to praise Belichick is due to the fact that Belichick never threw him under the bus, and took the slings and arrows for the decision. Many coaches would have justified that significant a decision and by doing so lessen that player’s value in free agency. Belichick just mumbled on and Butler got paid.

BB is a player's coach. Not all players, but definitely some.

Apparently BB called him after he signed with the Titans.

Interesting that they were so cordial after he got benched in the superbowl without any notice or reason given. Obviously you don't want to get yourself blackballed(Kap).

more and more its pointing to BB not having him play because he thought he wasn't good enough. Definitely will go down as BB's biggest coaching blunder.

Also i would have put this in the butler mega thread but it was locked and i can't find it :-/

I don’t agree he would be blackballed just because he doesn’t speak to BB or speak poorly of him.

Good for Butler getting paid and moving on.

Oh and let’s see if the debate starts all over again? :p

According to his comments, he didn’t seem to think that he was physically unable to contribute as many posters here have inferred. I also don’t think that BB would be as cordial with a guy who supposedly shouted down his son in a fit of drunken, drug induced rage.

Interesting that they were so cordial after he got benched in the superbowl without any notice or reason given. Obviously you don't want to get yourself blackballed(Kap).

more and more its pointing to BB not having him play because he thought he wasn't good enough. Definitely will go down as BB's biggest coaching blunder.

Also i would have put this in the butler mega thread but it was locked and i can't find it :-/
Not that he wasn’t good enough but that he wasn’t prepared, which butler himself has admitted to multiple times.

Yeah this is the second new thread created since the other one was inexplicably locked.

According to his comments, he didn’t seem to think that he was physically unable to contribute as many posters here have inferred. I also don’t think that BB would be as cordial with a guy who supposedly shouted down his son in a fit of drunken, drug induced rage.

That’s the biggest crock on this board. It will remain of the most bizarre benchings in super bowl history. People want answers and nothing to be found.

Not that he wasn’t good enough but that he wasn’t prepared, which butler himself has admitted to multiple times.

He still wanted to play but BB sat him. He could have put him in anytime during the game when this defense couldn’t stop a nosebleed.

Great. Another thread dedicated to starting a debate between those people like you and me who feel this was a coaching blunder and those people who are wrong.
20890D89-4B48-49B3-9896-BEE5E3F3AB42.jpeg

Also i would have put this in the butler mega thread but it was locked and i can't find it]

I said in that thread that it was going to wind up as either a sub-forum a whole new site (like the PoFo). It's time. The conversation isn't going away.

I said in that thread that it was going to wind up as either a sub-forum a whole new site (like the PoFo). It's time. The conversation isn't going away.

Please dear admins go the subforum route for this distracting, pointless Butler debate and move all threads there.

It's been proven that Butler didnt play since he had the sniffles

Do you really think Butler would admit to doing anything wrong? What are you expecting? Some kind of admission of guilt? The player knows that BB won't talk, so if he keeps it cool everything will be fine.

Do you really think Butler would admit to doing anything wrong? What are you expecting? Some kind of admission of guilt? The player knows that BB won't talk, so if he keeps it cool everything will be fine.

I would hope that someone, some player, would have said SOMETHING even slightly negative about Butler. Hell we've gotten Danny down in Florida ****ting all over BB's style, surely if Butler had been drinking and drugged out of his mind verbally assualting coaches, Danny would have been like "yeah he did this to himself" honestly has anyone asked Amendola about what happened, cause he seems open to talking. Maybe we will get some confirmation one way or the other.

So far though every single player has gone to bat for butler. all the coaches say nothing happened.

I would hope that someone, some player, would have said SOMETHING even slightly negative about Butler. Hell we've gotten Danny down in Florida ****ting all over BB's style, surely if Butler had been drinking and drugged out of his mind verbally assualting coaches, Danny would have been like "yeah he did this to himself" honestly has anyone asked Amendola about what happened, cause he seems open to talking. Maybe we will get some confirmation one way or the other.

So far though every single player has gone to bat for butler. all the coaches say nothing happened.
Why would teammates throw him under the bus? They dont do that here.

I have to say, I'm super annoyed that i have to go to a different area to participate in this thread every time new patriots/butler news pops up.

oh but look another massive thread about how the jets suck rehashing the same stupid jokes for the 5 millionth time.

• Winner
Reactions: TBR
Seems like Malcolm is picking it up right where he left off.

Remember Malcolm Butler? The guy who would've won the Super Bowl for the Patriots last year if he had just gotten off the bench?

Maybe Bill Belichick cut bait at the right time.

According to Scott Barrett of Pro Football Focus, the Titans have received a meager return thus far on their $61 million commitment to the former Patriots Pro Bowler. Per Barrett's research, Butler has been targeted 17 times this season while allowing a league-high 257 yards and league-worst three touchdowns in coverage for Tennessee, which improved to 1-1 with a win over the Texans on Sunday.

Butler was burned for a pair of long TDs in that game, including a 39-yarder by Will Fuller that gave the Texans the lead in the fourth quarter before the Titans rallied for a 20-17 victory.

In a Week 1 loss to the Dolphins, he intercepted a pass in the end zone and might've returned it 100 yards for a touchdown, except he slipped. However, he was also burned by Kenny Stills for a 75-yard score.

Coming a year after his level of play clearly slipped, he looks like another possible player the Patriots were wise to move on from when they did.

(He still should've gotten off the bench in the Super Bowl, though).
Malcolm Butler statistically worst corner in NFL so far, so maybe Belichick was right

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST