PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Malcolm Butler Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He would have made a difference in that Super Bowl even if it meant just making one or two plays (like being able to tackle a receiver). I don't care how he has fared in his first two games outside of NE.
How about how he fared in the AFCCG last year?

Ugh. I hate old threads getting necro’d, but I also kind of hate the idea of a NEW Butler thread being started...
I didn't want to create one either but there is no question Malcolm's play dropped off last year and it looks like its continuing.

He would have made a difference in that Super Bowl even if it meant just making one or two plays (like being able to tackle a receiver). I don't care how he has fared in his first two games outside of NE.
Or all last season I guess.

Just not having the kind of year I expected. Is it psychological ? Is he not getting the help with some WR's he used to? Anytime someone caught the ball Saturday I was looking for 21 trailing the play, ok sometimes it was Rowe . Can he turn it around for next games?

What about his free agency worth now, has to be down . Man the saints lucked out with Lattimore . Don't remember were we hoping for their 11th pick ?

What's Wrong With Malcolm Butler This Season?

Was trying to find CB ratings , couldn't...
Maybe Coach was right about this one...

Butler is quite possibly the next Asante Samuel. Overvalued himself and never was heard of again once he went to Philly.

Honestly, anyone who posts a story by Tomase should be banned from this site. Unless it is a story reporting his untimely demise. Just saying.

JOHN TOMASE. Really. The name in latin means "he who lies".
It was stat based.

Butler is quite possibly the next Asante Samuel. Overvalued himself and never was heard of again once he went to Philly.
I think that’s a fair comparison. They don’t strike me as remarkably similar players - Butler was a scrappy guy who made plays with effort, Asante was a twitchy guy who could stick on players and had a nose for the ball. But in terms of impact and how they left, very similar. Hard to knock a guy for wanting to get paid for what others hoped he be rather than what he is (so...hard to knock NE/BB in these cases too). Lord knows if someone thought my job performance was exemplary and wanted to pay me like 2-4x as much I would sign that **** in a heartbeat.

Malcolm caught his game-winning Super Bowl INT though.

Honestly, anyone who posts a story by Tomase should be banned from this site. Unless it is a story reporting his untimely demise. Just saying.

JOHN TOMASE. Really. The name in latin means "he who lies".
17 targets 257 yards and 3 tds in 2 games is horrific.
Considering he covers one receiver per play that would be 136 targets 2056 yards and 24 TDs by “whoever Malcolm covers” which is almost record setting for a wr.
And that was against Miami and Houston.

You guys do realize that although Belichick was unwilling to pay Butler top dollar, he was willing to pay him a lot, and to significantly dent the salary cap, right?

The Titans paid him 61 million?!?!? Horrible decision. They must have done their scouting by reading this board.

They’re overpaying for former pats because they have the cap and their GM (who worked in NE in the past)believes these players can help bring a winning culture/mentality to an overall young team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3