PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Malcolm Butler Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
remember the good ole days when people wanted to cut gilmore to send a message to the team. Now Butler gives up one heavily contested td in the playoffs and we're dealing with "whats wrong with this scrub, that guy who isnt even active is better then him"

He's clearly not playing THAT badly if the patriots are FIRST in points allowed.

Aside from a garbage time TD the defense only gave up 7 points to the titans, Lets chill with the "whats wrong with *insert player name here* until the team actually gives us something to complain about.
Not really, at times he seems to be pressing, other times he looks good. Players play different in contract years, some play better others like the security and play better with a fair contract. We'll find out what category he falls into next year.

Since we’re talking CBs, bade modi was inactive this game out of blue field

Anyone think it’s naybe connected to his flop?
I wouldn’t think that would be much of a possibility. He tried to create a penalty for the team. Nothing wrong with that aside from the fact that it was a bit over the top. He’ll almost certainly be active now with JJ likely out.

Just not having the kind of year I expected. Is it psychological ? Is he not getting the help with some WR's he used to? Anytime someone caught the ball Saturday I was looking for 21 trailing the play, ok sometimes it was Rowe . Can he turn it around for next games?

What about his free agency worth now, has to be down . Man the saints lucked out with Lattimore . Don't remember were we hoping for their 11th pick ?

What's Wrong With Malcolm Butler This Season?

Was trying to find CB ratings , couldn't...
He isn't as good as he was imagined to be.

The question is what is wrong with the whole defense? They were displaying their usual crappiness Saturday night

They gave up like 160 yards of total offense until the last garbage time drive. Also, 8 sacks.

WTF?

He wants his cash, and he will get it from some other team next season and continue to play like a scrub, because he'll be getting his money, like all of the other self-absorbed gold-diggers that leave NE.

The question is what is wrong with the whole defense? They were displaying their usual crappiness Saturday night, until one of the chumps on Tennessee's o-line got injured. The D is very fortunate to face teams with suspect offenses on our way to 6. If Brady does manage to have a bad game, he will be saved by Bortles, Foles/Keenum's suckage, which sucks... which is why I'm not too excited about the Superbowl this season... because the teams suck. It explains the ratings decline for sure.

I just wanted Brady (Patriots) vs Brees (Saints). 2 legit, older, HoF QBs dueling it out for possibly their last chance at a ring. Was that too much to ask for?

Drugs?

Bademosi is my binky.

Calling it now: Butler will make an impact play against the Jags, and everyone will be back on his bandwagon. He's been a fine #2 all year.

Beddard broke down Butlers play a while back and showed a bunch of examples of how Butler's play has changed this year. He is trying to make plays, drifting off his assignment, watching the QB or turning his head for the ball when he should be watching the receiver.

All I know is that in the years between Law and Talib we would have killed to have a guy where a season like his would have been considered worthy of a 'what's wrong' post.

Yep. I recall those halcyon days when Leigh Bodden was the stud in our secondary.

I don’t think he is having a horrible season, he is having a though year, he has been trailing a lot lately, hopefully He can get it together.

Butler's biggest problems are that (1) he's not as good as Gilmore, and (2) he's not 6'2". Expect dominant coverage from our CBs Sunday.

I agree that Butler is what he is - a good cornerback who plays hard, but he isn't elite, in large part due to his size. However, on Sunday when No. 31 (Jonathan Joseph?) went down towards the end of the game, for a moment my daughter and I thought it was Butler as we could see the "1" on the back of the jersey, but not the "2" or the "3," and my first thought was, "Oh no! There goes our post season." So while he may not be an elite corner, he's important, at least to this fan's automatic thinking, to our team and our ability to win No. 6.

Maybe this will be like way the flu affected the 2004 AFCCG against Pittsburgh :cool:

He probably was throwing up and having the runs. Yourself and I would let it run it’s course. Athletes getting ready for a SB go to the hospital to get IV’s and antibiotic to speed the healing and keep hydrated properly

He probably was throwing up and having the runs. Yourself and I would let it run it’s course. Athletes getting ready for a SB go to the hospital to get IV’s and antibiotic to speed the healing and keep hydrated properly

If it's the stomach bug, I'm less concerned, as those usually clear within 24-48 hours. But if it's a classic flu, that may take up to a week to clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft