PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Malcolm Butler and Dion Lewis next Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Should be interesting to watch them tonight.

I see PFF now has Malcolm ranked as the #81 CB in the league with a grade of 58.9 (which is ranked Average). I think he is playing better than he was though.

Lewis has 476 yards from scrimmage in 7 games. Had a great game vs the Chargers in week 7. His rush numbers are still way down - 1.2 yards per carry less compared to last season - but he is on pace for twice as many receiving yards and should be respected in the slot or out of the backfield.

Hope they do well. Pretty clear that the production they give you isnt on par with their cost. Lots of love for them though.

And also Marcus Mariota who giveth and taketh away.:D

Although he got paid, I kinda feel bad for Butler. I don't know what it is, but I don't remember seeing a guy fall from a rising star to being awful like him without an injury or other clear reason to cause it.

Too bad it isn't in Foxboro, maybe Kraft would've had a compilation video of Vrabel's greatest hits in a Patriots uniform for everyone to watch prior to the game. Maybe some footage of BB chewing him out too, just for fun.

Maybe the network will put one together.

I see PFF now has Malcolm ranked as the #81 CB in the league with a grade of 58.9 (which is ranked Average). I think he is playing better than he was though.

Is 81st average? Assuming two starting CBs per team, the 64th ranked CB would be the worst.

(I know, teams have more than two CBs)

Love to See what we could do with Mariotta.
However with Tom saying he is playing til 2022 and beyond.
I can stop scouting potential heirs to the throne unless I'm looking at little league.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: ALP
Although he got paid, I kinda feel bad for Butler. I don't know what it is, but I don't remember seeing a guy fall from a rising star to being awful like him without an injury or other clear reason to cause it.

Feel worse for Lewis. He's a superior player to Butler, gets paid less, and probably would have been happy to continue being a Patriot if we had been willing to pony a little extra, nothing unreasonable.

Love to See what we could do with Mariotta.
However with Tom saying he is playing til 2022 and beyond.
I can stop scouting potential heirs to the throne unless I'm looking at little league.

Pass on Mariota. Nice guy but his style lends itself to a higher likelihood of injury and his accuracy is suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes