PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mahomes will never be better than Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go away, voice of reason.

I have now decreed that Mahomes will fail and so it shall come to pass.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with KC. Every slayed dynasty took years to recover and only one returned to the big dance, twenty years later, only to be slayed again.

You do realize that the Chiefs had 5 blocking Tampa's 4 all game, right?

They did try to run screens and slants. The issue is the Bucs LBs ate them up. Go back and watch the game if you haven't and you will see the Bucs flying to the ball. They had 7 in coverage vs the Chiefs 5 that were going out.

I think they should have run more. But Vea in the middle and their LBs shooting the cap made that pretty futile too.

Reid is not a dummy. He is the best offensive mind in football but the Bucs were just too good and Mahomes was not good enough at reading the defense to see where his best match up was or mature enough yet to audible to the run.

Five blocking? I disagree. More like they had five bodies and two of them were blocking.

I agree that Reid is one of the best offensive minds but even he admitted that he should have run more. I thought they were going to do that when they broke a nice run in the first drive after the half. But they went back to their first half game plan. For whatever reason this was his biggest flop. Imo.

Yes Vea is a beast. I focused on him in his first game back against GB. I wondered if he could be effective coming back from an ankle injury. He was and he helped make GBs Oline look bottom tier a week after they looked great against the "number 1 " defense in the league.

I agree with you that those adjustments wouldn't have mattered because of the way Tampa's dominant defensive was and there are times when you know Brady isn't going to lose. If they needed more points he would've found a way to get them. That was vintage Tom F'ing Brady on display.

Mahomes had no time to read the defense post snap. I do agree that he's still young and hasn't mastered the pre snap reads but that defense made two HOF QBs look like Jags. Brees and Rodgers. That defense most likely solidified Brees' retirement decision and scratched Rodgers off of any future GOAT, BOAT lists.

I guess we disagree on the who is most responsible for the Chief's loss but agree on the why they would have lost anyway. Haha.

I hope this reply doesn't come across as snarky or anything because I do enjoy your posts.

Vea was honestly the biggest difference in this super bowl run for the defense and I never wouldve guessed it. His addition to the line just made the job for everyone else easier and allowed them to get pressure on Rodgers and Mahomes.

As good as Reid is, im surprised they didnt adjust or try to do anything to combat that pass rush with Screens, runs etc. Its never a good idea to have your QB run around and try and throw deep passes while hes under intense pressure.

Five blocking? I disagree. More like they had five bodies and two of them were blocking.

I agree that Reid is one of the best offensive minds but even he admitted that he should have run more. I thought they were going to do that when they broke a nice run in the first drive after the half. But they went back to their first half game plan. For whatever reason this was his biggest flop. Imo.

Yes Vea is a beast. I focused on him in his first game back against GB. I wondered if he could be effective coming back from an ankle injury. He was and he helped make GBs Oline look bottom tier a week after they looked great against the "number 1 " defense in the league.

I agree with you that those adjustments wouldn't have mattered because of the way Tampa's dominant defensive was and there are times when you know Brady isn't going to lose. If they needed more points he would've found a way to get them. That was vintage Tom F'ing Brady on display.

Mahomes had no time to read the defense post snap. I do agree that he's still young and hasn't mastered the pre snap reads but that defense made two HOF QBs look like Jags. Brees and Rodgers. That defense most likely solidified Brees' retirement decision and scratched Rodgers off of any future GOAT, BOAT lists.

I guess we disagree on the who is most responsible for the Chief's loss but agree on the why they would have lost anyway. Haha.

I hope this reply doesn't come across as snarky or anything because I do enjoy your posts.
For sure. They lost due to the Oline and the Bucs just being better.

I had posted this in the SB thread but after the first quarter of the week 12 game, the Bucs outscored the Chiefs 55-19. It basically took them one quarter to dominate the Chiefs on both sides of the ball. So in reality the Bucs were just a terrible match up for them and if the ridiculous hot take media stopped pretending Mahomes was Zeus they would have seen the mismatch that so many of us were predicting in the SB pregame thread.

Thanks for the compliment. I enjoy your posts too.

wilson isn’t in the same zip code as Mahomes.
Wilson is in the Rodgers/Lebron ilk - only cares about stats.
Mahomes is much more Brady/Jordan
I think you meant to say Mahomes is not in Wilson's zip code. People really need to stop with this defication of Mahomes. It's been 3 seasons. He has had a fantastic start as did Wilson and so many others before him. Just because he can throw the ball behind his back does not put him above Wilson much less Rodgers or any other Qb that has been playing at an elite level for their entire career. He is nowhere near Brady or Jordan. Please stop.

I feel bad for Mahomes. The expectations for his career are insane. If he does not play in 12 SBs and win 8 he will be a failure. Oh and he has to accomplish all that while providing highlight reel throws every game.

I feel bad for Mahomes. The expectations for his career are insane. If he does not play in 12 SBs and win 8 he will be a failure. Oh and he has to accomplish all that while providing highlight reel throws every game.
If he doesn't keep getting to the AFC Championship that may be true but if he goes out and wins another one soonish it will be fine. It's so hard to do and their window is now. Can they do it 10 years from now? I bet the GM and coach are gone and fired or retired by then. You can't replicate what happened here.

Mahomes in two SBs has not had passer rating better than 78.

Fivehead in 4 SBs has never has a passer rating better than 88.

Brady in 10 Super Bowls has 5 passer ratings over 100 and 7 over 90.

Heh.

I think you meant to say Mahomes is not in Wilson's zip code. People really need to stop with this defication of Mahomes. It's been 3 seasons. He has had a fantastic start as did Wilson and so many others before him. Just because he can throw the ball behind his back does not put him above Wilson much less Rodgers or any other Qb that has been playing at an elite level for their entire career. He is nowhere near Brady or Jordan. Please stop.
Did you mean...
724160C0-D60F-42CD-ADBA-35F4F0C39EBC.jpegor
BDE040D2-917C-4AE2-8C05-922E49609A3A.jpeg
:D

Mahomes is still a pup. I doubt he's calling the plays.

I could be wrong but I didn't see Mahomes showcasing himself rather a QB running for his life trying to make plays.

Did Andy help out his deficient Tackles once? A chip? Did Kelce block anything during the game??

To me that was a huge coaching flop. Safeties are twenty yards from the line of scrimmage and the fastest man in the NFL is trying to get behind them. Booo.

Where was the running game? Screens? Sweeps? Slants under the safeties?

No halftime adjustments?

Where was Watkins?

In the end I don't think adjustments would have helped much. Tampa was just that dominant.

Anyway I don't blame Mahomes for the loss.
Yep, Chumley/Bienemy absolutely was out-coached...by Toilet Bowles, of all people...And as I've mentioned earlier, I feel that the incident involving his son the Green Hornet was not an insignificant factor in the Queefs' overall readiness for the game...

Last edited:
Will never be better? I do not really know what it means. To get more rings, have better stats and break more records?
If we are talking about SB appearances and possessing rings I bet Mahomes will not be even close. If we touch some stats he might be better but it does not make him a better QB than TB12.
IMO what makes Tom great,the best and unusual is his leadership. Something that makes every player better playing next to him.

You do realize that the Chiefs had 5 blocking Tampa's 4 all game, right?

They did try to run screens and slants. The issue is the Bucs LBs ate them up. Go back and watch the game if you haven't and you will see the Bucs flying to the ball. They had 7 in coverage vs the Chiefs 5 that were going out.

I think they should have run more. But Vea in the middle and their LBs shooting the cap made that pretty futile too.

Reid is not a dummy. He is the best offensive mind in football but the Bucs were just too good and Mahomes was not good enough at reading the defense to see where his best match up was or mature enough yet to audible to the run.
Yeah, their tackles freed up those extremely fast LBers to snuff out the runs and screens.

wilson isn’t in the same zip code as Mahomes.
Wilson is in the Rodgers/Lebron ilk - only cares about stats.
Mahomes is much more Brady/Jordan
Wilson is likely a hofer.

If Mahomes career ended today, he isn't one yet. Mahomes isn't on Wilson's level yet due to the fact that he hasn't played enough seasons yet but I think within 3 more seasons he will leapfrog many QBS in the alltime list.

But he made two cool throws

Wilson didn’t **** the bed every super bowl he played
Did Mahomes **** the bed or was Mahomes running for his life? I can't remember how it played out, but how I remember it... it felt like Mahomes was a one man army on many plays and tried willing a team to victory. Plus, he did almost get a couple touchdowns that were dropped. If he gets one of those his stats might look better.

Did Mahomes **** the bed or was Mahomes running for his life? I can't remember how it played out, but how I remember it... it felt like Mahomes was a one man army on many plays and tried willing a team to victory. Plus, he did almost get a couple touchdowns that were dropped. If he gets one of those his stats might look better.

Lol nobody gets more excuses than this guy

Lol. No. That would be defecation. Two e's.
Defication or to deify as in "to make a god of".
You keep missing an “i”. Lol. It’s “deification”. Not trying to be the spelling police, just thought it was funny.

Lol nobody gets more excuses than this guy
I am just saying, he did almost throw two touchdowns and they were both dropped. I don't think Mahomes **** the bed. Do I think he played below his average? Yes. I just don't think it is fair to say he **** the bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back