PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mahomes high-fiving fans after the game...

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Rate The thread

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think David Andrews had a better interaction with the fans:

BY THE WAY what is that coming down from the stands at the end of the video? Is it garbage? Beer? Wait are the Chiefs fans dumping beer on Patriots players after a touchdown? Sounds familiar....I demand a series of think pieces about this, a national outcry, and for that fan to be banned from Arrowhead for life!

Yeah, all those classy Chiefs fans who were booing the Chiefs offense aka Mahomes after the first half goose egg. Gotta make sure you give 'em high fives.

Yes, they don't throw the flag until the snap, because the defender has until the ball is snapped to correct his error. But regardless of whether or not he saw the flag or didn't, you don't take a free shot to a guy that is behind the line of scrimmage. That's the point of a free shot, you can take a risk on a throw into coverage because the worst that can happen is offsetting penalties and replay the down. It seems like that was a designed play and the flag had nothing to do with where the ball went. But nobody but Brady knows for sure. It just seems unlikely that he went to that throw on a free down. He wasn't under pressure, so he had time to take full advantage.

This is also a really bad take. It's 3rd and 10. If Brady thinks that Gronk can get a first down on that play (which is absolutely possible given all the open space he has) then throw to him and let him go. If you take a deep shot into coverage, it has what, a 25% chance of being caught? And when it's not, you have third and 5 with the game on the line.

Stop trying to say what the greatest QB of all time should or shouldn't be doing in that situation. People think they're so smart with their analysis of 'the free play' because they see Aaron Rodgers heave it deep and get lucky sometimes.

Again, if Brady says he saw the flag, I believe him. But here's the video. The flag comes out right away and Brady's head is at an angle where he easily could have seen it come out. We need to kill this dumb narrative that the interception would still have happened if Dee Ford weren't offsides.

And there is your answer as to why Mahomes will never be Brady, because even TB12 at Mahomes age would have been entirely way too disappointed and pissed off to even look at the fans after just losing the season-ender at home, in a game he was favored to win.

Mahomes is a great player, but he's basically a kid and he does not understand quite yet what it takes to be great. Perhaps he will learn, but after seeing him high-five a few Chiefs fans on his way down to the tunnel after last night's game, I felt bad for Chiefs fans. Prepare for many more letdowns from this guy. JMHO..
I'd like to disagree, but I don't want t screw up the Gronkonian number of dislikes.

It's 3rd and 10. If Brady thinks that Gronk can get a first down on that play (which is absolutely possible given all the open space he has) then throw to him and let him go.

And there you go. He didn't rely on the flag and make a decision. He thought he'd make a first down with that route and didn't take advantage of the free down. It was a low risk pass and one that he would have done without the flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes