PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mahomes high-fiving fans after the game...

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Rate The thread

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You honestly believe Ford negated that pick by lining up offside rather than causing it by giving Brady a free play? Do you really understand so little about football that you don't know Brady saw that flag before he threw that ball? Go back and look at it. Brady looks right at the official tossing the flag at the snap. Personally I was surprised he didn't take a deeper shot.

I actually would like to see evidence of this, because I agree that if it's true, then it negates that whole dumb narrative of Dee Ford costing them the game.

ETA: I missed Joker's post above, will check out the audio (which is enough evidence for me).

The 69th disagree is now up for grabs on the OP.

Look at the play, you can see Brady very quickly scan left before the snap and then registering the flag as he is crossing the 4o while dropping back

That flag wasn't thrown until Brady was dropped back and looking to the opposite side of the field. There is no way he knew that was a free down. It was not a case where he jumped offsides, he was lined up in the neutral zone. That flag could have been illegal formation on the offense or several other things. And he threw to a guy that was behind the line of scrimmage. That was not a free shot. Not even close.

The flag was thrown right at the snap. The ref was staring right at ford and had his hand on his flag getting ready to throw before the snap.

upload_2019-1-22_13-46-20.png

Tough to see here but that's the flag.

upload_2019-1-22_13-48-8.png

This is the dumbest thing to get upset about. Dude stood toe to toe with us twice and both games came down to us having the ball last. Kid is a stud and deserves massive respect

Yes, they don't throw the flag until the snap, because the defender has until the ball is snapped to correct his error. But regardless of whether or not he saw the flag or didn't, you don't take a free shot to a guy that is behind the line of scrimmage. That's the point of a free shot, you can take a risk on a throw into coverage because the worst that can happen is offsetting penalties and replay the down. It seems like that was a designed play and the flag had nothing to do with where the ball went. But nobody but Brady knows for sure. It just seems unlikely that he went to that throw on a free down. He wasn't under pressure, so he had time to take full advantage.

Meh....... Mahomes high-fiving the KC fans doesn't bother me at all. KC did better than anyone expected them to, and they also managed to reach the AFCCG. Losing hurts, especially in a big game like this one was, as everyone here should understand. If it helps him and the fans deal with it, then I couldn't care less.

WE are on to SB 53. Crush the Rams. Drive their defense before us. Enjoy the lamentations of their fans. :cool:

It just seems unlikely that he went to that throw on a free down. He wasn't under pressure, so he had time to take full advantage.

"Just seems unlikely" is a far cry from "stupidity" ...somebody must have taken another look. While I would have expected something downfield for Brady the absence of a defender within 10 yards of Gronk was probably just too hard to ignore. It may even have given him enough of a chubby to account for the bad pass, lol.

If it helps him and the fans deal with it, then I couldn't care less.

Is there any evidence this "helped" Mahomes in some way, by giving a few high fives to fans? I appreciate all the feedback the thread has generated, but some of these counter-arguments are just pulled out of thin air. How exactly did that "help" Mahomes?

As I've said, only time will tell us if I'm right or wrong. There are more reasons than the one I mentioned as to why Mahomes may not be the next dominant force in the pocket for years to come.

As I've said, only time will tell us if I'm right or wrong.

Wrong. Nothing that happens from now till Mahomes retires will prove giving fans high fives after a tough loss makes him a lesser QB.

Thats the part you continue to fail at comprehending.

I thought it was kind of nice that he went over and acknowledged the fans, even though he probably felt like crying. Seems like a classy move to me.

Again, for like the 8th time, never said it was a douchey thing for him to give high fives to fans. But it's also quite revealing about his temperament after the biggest loss in his life, in a game he was favored to win.

Wrong. Nothing that happens from now till Mahomes retires will prove giving fans high fives after a tough loss makes him a lesser QB.

Thats the part you continue to fail at comprehending.

Yes, I expect you to provide yourself an out for when I am proven correct.

Young guy. Achieved great. Crushed by a painful season ending loss.
Showed thanks to the fans for their support despite being in emotional turmoil.
I thought he showed class.

Yes, I expect you to provide yourself an out for when I am proven correct.
Wrong.

The pressure is all on you to provide more data and examples to support your batshit crazy correlation. Hint: you will never be able to.

I'm not the one making the ridiculous assertion a high five to a fan after a tough loss irrefutably shows Mahomes doesn't have what it takes to be a Super Bowl winning QB.

Again, for like the 8th time, never said it was a douchey thing for him to give high fives to fans. But it's also quite revealing about his temperament after the biggest loss in his life, in a game he was favored to win.
LOL at "quite revealing".

Interesting hill you've chosen to die on.

Regards,
Chris

"Just seems unlikely" is a far cry from "stupidity"

I still think it's stupid. But I was being polite. :) We are supposed to believe that the play called was a downfield pass, but Brady saw the flag and decided it was safe to pass it to Gronk? Who clearly pretended to block and then released out into the flat? That was a designed rout. And if he was so wide open as to give the guy that's doing Gisele a chubby, then the offsides had nothing to do with his decision. He was going there regardless. If he had thrown a jump ball downfield that we intercepted based on the offsides, then I'd be right there with you guys. In the end, it doesn't matter. We were offsides and we lost the game because we couldn't stop you.

I guess it's revealing something else to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back