PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mahomes high-fiving fans after the game...

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Rate The thread

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually it made mine and your unwillingness to see that tells me that my initial thought that maybe you didn't think the take through missed the mark and you really are just determined to defend a crap take. Does Antdawg mean Andy Jr in some little known language?
Even Andy wouldnt be spinning this

So, if Brady walked by fans after a loss, he'd be "bush league"?

What do hypotheticals have to do with this?? You tried to minimize or demonize what Mahomes did.. what he did was no big deal. It was a nice gesture, take it for what it is worth.. move on to the Superbowl.. 3rd in 3 years that is what is important.

I kind of agree with the OP, except that I don't think it's totally indicative of his future.. he's full of youthful exuberance, he's not a trained assassin like our QB.

A little harsh take but I see where he's coming from

I clicked on this thread just because of how many “x’s” I saw on the front page. I normally don’t click that button but only did it to be funny.

But seriously, I think what Mahomes did was very professional. Most athletes can just run from fans after defeat but he didn’t.

And there is your answer as to why Mahomes will never be Brady, because even TB12 at Mahomes age would have been entirely way too disappointed and pissed off to even look at the fans after just losing the season-ender at home, in a game he was favored to win.

Mahomes is a great player, but he's basically a kid and he does not understand quite yet what it takes to be great. Perhaps he will learn, but after seeing him high-five a few Chiefs fans on his way down to the tunnel after last night's game, I felt bad for Chiefs fans. Prepare for many more letdowns from this guy. JMHO..
Contrarily, we need more class and fan appreciation like this. Lay off the harsh criticism. It's unwarranted.

Gronk partied shirtless after the 2011 loss to the Giants. No killer instinct, he'll never win a ring!

Gronk's not a signal-caller or viewed as the leader of the team. His dance video also wasn't made literally seconds after a heart-breaking, season ending loss at home. Granted it was later that night, but what Gronk does away from the football field in his own personal time I can't really relate to what someone does ON THE FIELD right after a game.

Gronk's not a signal-caller or viewed as the leader of the team. His dance video also wasn't made literally seconds after a heart-breaking, season ending loss at home. Granted it was later that night, but what Gronk does away from the football field in his own personal time I can't really relate to what someone does ON THE FIELD right after a game.
As the OP said, the loss was against the Giants. Gronk should’ve just gone the Aaron Rodgers route and just “go home and have a scotch”. Lol.

I can't really relate to what someone does ON THE FIELD right after a game.

Then why are you so butthurt over what Mahomes did?? It is no big deal considering the big picture...

I kind of agree with the OP, except that I don't think it's totally indicative of his future.. he's full of youthful exuberance, he's not a trained assassin like our QB.

A little harsh take but I see where he's coming from

Thank you and I think Mahomes played an incredible game, had an incredible season. We'll see what happens. I still think he's a "flavor of the month" QB right now. Let's see how the legs hold up over the course of several seasons before we put him in the HOF. Someone called him a "champion" earlier. He hasn't won anything yet.

Really don't understand the hate for Mahomes.. seems like a good dude, crazy talented, doesn't really trash talk or act out.. just don't get it.

Especially from patriots fans who should know better considering the completely undeserved hate Tom Brady gets. In essence it’s the same reason - jealousy!

Especially from patriots fans who should know better considering the completely undeserved hate Tom Brady gets. In essence it’s the same reason - jealousy!
Seriously... Brady is arguably the NFL's most amazing story ever, and an incredible ambassador and example for this league and the youth of this nation.. but outside of NE he is portrayed as the anti-christ. People suck.

Lol you got that from that? I guess you really can skew things from your own perspective...this thread is the prime example.

Seriously... Brady is arguably the NFL's most amazing story ever, and an incredible ambassador and example for this league and the youth of this nation.. but outside of NE he is portrayed as the anti-christ. People suck.

Its the Brady/Patriots fatigue...its nothing personal but people that aren't Pats fans just want to see other teams win...people probably felt the same about MJs Bulls.

Its the Brady/Patriots fatigue...its nothing personal but people that aren't Pats fans just want to see other teams win...people probably felt the same about MJs Bulls.
Oh I totally understand why people are sick of the Pats and Brady... but the constant vilification, attempts to discredit and wishes for injury and death are and always will be illogical to me. I think the rise of the internet and social media have played a big part as well, the constant media attention combined with the ability to voice one's opinions to millions of people has created a perfect storm of Pats and Brady hatred.

Simply can't put Mahomes and Brady in the same comparison when it comes to hate. When Mahomes wins something, get back to me. Most fans outside of NE who hate Brady hate him because he's so hard to beat. And I don't even hate Mahomes, which further underscores the silliness of the "hate" comparisons with he and Brady. It's not even close.

Oh I totally understand why people are sick of the Pats and Brady... but the constant vilification, attempts to discredit and wishes for injury and death are and always will be illogical to me. I think the rise of the internet and social media have played a big part as well, the constant media attention combined with the ability to voice one's opinions to millions of people has created a perfect storm of Pats and Brady hatred.

Off-topic and not even in the same galaxy. We know Brady hate exists. We know why it exists. Mahomes hasn't even been around long enough for anyone to truly "hate" him, let alone in the same vain as the Brady haters hate Brady.

Off-topic and not even in the same galaxy. We know Brady hate exists. We know why it exists. Mahomes hasn't even been around long enough for anyone to truly "hate" him, let alone in the same vain as the Brady haters hate Brady.
My response was perfectly on-topic to Play87's post. The rest of your post, uhhh no duh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down