PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mahomes high-fiving fans after the game...

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Rate The thread

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like some of you guys don't want to critique him at all, because we just beat him and thus you feel as though it would be diminishing the Patriots victory if we say anything bad about him. I don't see it that way. Those two things aren't mutually exclusive.
critique is fine. he's still realitively inexperienced. doesn't seem to be able make big changes at the line based on reads. extends plays with athleticism which can't last forever (see Rodgers). needs to improve some mechanism to increase longetivity....

is he a killer player? seems to me the kid can ball
is he a douchebag for showing some gratitude? no

i guess under your definition, he should have rejected Brady's request to meet in private after the game

like many young guys that got there early before him (Marino comes to mind) he has little understanding of how difficult it may be to get back. Cut the kid some slack

LOL, Dan Marino, 0 Superbowl rings. Thanks for helping me make my point, dude.

No, I don't think I am. Never said he wasn't a classy or gracious player. What I am saying though is that I'll take the guy who's so pissed off and disgusted after a season-ending loss at home that "fans" are the last thing on his mind over the "classy" guy every day.

Mahomes looks to have a great career ahead of him, but there's more than just physical tools that you need to succeed in this game. And for all the ones already putting him above Rodgers, come on man. He's had one very good year. Let's let him turn 30 before putting him in the HOF.
He just put up 31 points in 30 minutes of a flawless 2nd 1/2 vs Tom and Bill and didn't flinch.

Your take is off base.

So every great athlete who's ever ignored their home fans after an embarrassing, season-ending loss are "immature". Got it.

Antdawg, praise doesn't work that way. When people commend the courage of first responders, do you take that as a personal insult to your character because you're not fighting fires? Do you see the Nobel Prizes as a pointed commentary on your own intelligence?

I watched Mahomes taking a gracious moment with fans who wanted to thank him, at a moment when I, in his place, would have found it hard to keep my composure. I thought that was pretty cool. Which is an insult to precisely nobody.

(BTW, do you really consider the Chiefs' turnover-free OT loss to the GOAT "embarrassing"?)

2002 Miss America Judge Tom Brady says hi. Everyone said he was a flash in the pan because of all of this stuff right after he won the SB.
Tom-Brady-Miss-USA.png

Newsflash: There is and only will be one Tom Brady.

He's not the first great player, he won't be the last, he's just the greatest.

Not everyone needs to do things how Brady does/did them to get to the top.

Brady is certainly not the only "great" or "former great" that would have neglected to high five fans after a season-ending loss at home. Brady is ONE of them, but certainly not the only one. I've never stated otherwise.

He just put up 31 points in 30 minutes of a flawless 2nd 1/2 vs Tom and Bill and didn't flinch.

Your take is off base.

My take had zilch to do with his stat line, so I'm not sure why you keep referencing that. Your "take" of my "take" isn't even close.

Brady is certainly not the only "great" or "former great" that would have neglected to high five fans after a season-ending loss at home. Brady is ONE of them, but certainly not the only one. I've never stated otherwise.
Cool story, but your narrative seems to be that handling yourself in that manner is the ONLY way to succeed. It's not. You're wrong. Just stop.

Cool story, but your narrative seems to be that handling yourself in that manner is the ONLY way to succeed. It's not. You're wrong. Just stop.

Can you name me an all-time great in any major sport who would high five fans while leaving the field or court after a season-ending loss at home? Just one? Someone said Dan Marino, earlier. LOL, kind of a bad example.

This is such a terrible take.

The guy looked like he was dying of a broken heart going into that locker room and stuck out his hands to a few fans who still wanted to high five him after the loss. I thought it was a great moment. No matter what someone does, there will always be someone out there who criticizes it. This is Rob Parker level of blind.

You gotta understand it from the Chiefs perspective. The first time they've hosted the AFCCG. Rocking home crowd. Great season and great fans. One of their best seasons, maybe ever? You can't blame him for trying to give them some kind of consolation and appreciation for them after such a good season and hard loss. There are plenty of things to give the Chiefs crap for, but showing appreciation to their fans isn't one of em

Can you name me an all-time great in any major sport who would high five fans while leaving the field or court after a season-ending loss at home? Just one? Someone said Dan Marino, earlier. LOL, kind of a bad example.
Pretty sure I've seen Lebron James embrace fans after devastating losses. Regardless, they're not robots, they're people, just like you and me. They will have different reactions to victory and defeat, triumph and disappointment. Being gracious to the people that support you is not a sign of weakness.

Hard condemnation of a great player who just had an absolutely incredible first year that could've easily been a call/bounce/flip away from going to the super bowl.

Remember some folks being angry that Matt Light was photographed dancing with a beer after one of the super bowl losses. Or why Marshawn laughed at the 49 interception while Butler cried.

Hard condemnation of a great player who just had an absolutely incredible first year that could've easily been a call/bounce/flip away from going to the super bowl.

Remember some folks being angry that Matt Light was photographed dancing with a beer after one of the super bowl losses. Or why Marshawn laughed at the 49 interception while Butler cried.
Gronk partied shirtless after the 2011 loss to the Giants. No killer instinct, he'll never win a ring!

LOL, Dan Marino, 0 Superbowl rings. Thanks for helping me make my point, dude.

Actually it made mine and your unwillingness to see that tells me that my initial thought that maybe you didn't think the take through missed the mark and you really are just determined to defend a crap take. Does Antdawg mean Andy Jr in some little known language?

trainwreck.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes