PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Mack Wilson signed

Pats have the low end/middle of the market cornered. Nothing they have done to this point in the offseason moves the needle whatsoever. Waiting for a true impact move...

Waiting-Skeleton.jpg

He stunk like Patricia's Offense last year.

Schitts Creek Ok GIF by CBC

Weird him and McMillan are both back. Both of them seemed to see their snaps dwindle last year.
Yeah , I am sure I read somewhere that their performance tapered off a bit towards the end of the season. Well lets see how they do in the new season etc

Weird him and McMillan are both back. Both of them seemed to see their snaps dwindle last year.
That's what I thought too, I expected them to try to upgrade the spot or at least draft an LB to replace them with more long term upside. I guess they are mostly special teams signings, I looked it up and both played over 60% of the special teams snaps.

I'll take him. He was OK, not amazing, but fine depth.

Does this mean Nicholas Morrow is off the table? Was he still on the table to begin with?

Yeah , I am sure I read somewhere that their performance tapered off a bit towards the end of the season. Well lets see how they do in the new season etc
Maybe McMillan... but Wilson? describing the back half of the season as him "tapered off" is being polite... he didn't play defense in the last 5 games, and never hit the injury list... relegated to special teams play only

Must like his st contributions enough to warrant a spot, which im ok with if he’s been that good there.

Maybe McMillan... but Wilson? describing the back half of the season as him "tapered off" is being polite... he didn't play defense in the last 5 games, and never hit the injury list... relegated to special teams play only
IMO both him and McMillan should have been much more productive on D. IMO it's a motivation issue with Wilson.

IMO both him and McMillan should have been much more productive on D. IMO it's a motivation issue with Wilson.
man, i wanted us to Draft Mack Wilson way back when... so its very disappointing to see a real lack of whatever... take the motor from baby thor, put it in Wilson, we might have something...

as an aside... your avi makes me laugh every time i see it... Hey man, what the eff... lol

Figured there was no chance of him coming back. Pretty surprised by this but hope a year in the system helps him.

2.2m is ST money. If he contributes anything on D it's a bonus, but doesn't seem like that's what he's being brought back for.

Special Teams and maybe a 3rd down coverage/designated blitzer

Signing a ton of depth type of guys without really getting an impact guy at LB. Seems like BB wants more quantity than quality at the position.

At least Bentley is good now. Still would like another guy who truly excels in coverage though.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
Back