PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mac Jones Through 2 Games (2021 vs 2022 vs 2023) By QTR and Redzone Totals

We know exactly what Mac Jones is. He's a guy that can't win unless everything is as close to perfect as it can get.
WTF???? When has Mac Joned ever had close to perfect? He's had arguably the worst offensive cast in the league since he's been in it. Tom Brady and Peyton Manning have missed the playoffs on better teams.

WTF???? When has Mac Joned ever had close to perfect? He's had arguably the worst offensive cast in the league since he's been in it. Tom Brady and Peyton Manning have missed the playoffs on better teams.
okay. and thanks for making my point for me.

okay. and thanks for making my point for me.
You don't have a point. You just want an easy out for the team sucking (it sucked before Mac got here) and want to strawman everyone who is saying he's not the problem.

No, you engage in the “I’m not taking a side” side and will later claim credit for getting it right, per your usual schtick.

Yawn, I didn’t say I am not taking sides nor am I going to take credit if I am right. I don’t know what Mac is going to and have said it over and over again. There are dozens of post of me saying it. If I “take credit for being right” there is enough post to find showing I don’t know what Mac is going to be.

Maybe the team better find a backup who can create a legit competition for Jones for the starter role…since we all know your boy 4’11” Zappy Smurf and his tiny arm isn’t up to the job.
I got a shot of Zappe going to the huddle in practice today

1695250189481.png

He is the engine that drives the offense... the offense is better than last year... but across the board all the issues that were there last year are cropping up again ... and again...

If we can't run the ball then corky and the wrs better get on the same page... no more 7 step drops... no more 3 step drops from the shotgun... 5 seconds timing routes should be a thing of the past... We don't score points... we need to... March down the field 3 yards at a time if need be...its that simple

0-2 .... you are what your record says you are. And right now we aren't very good. And as much as people hate it Mac is going to continue to get criticized because he is the most important player on the field

Mac is averaging 2.2 seconds a throw. Where are you seeing this long drop backs?

And there is stuff you can criticize about Mac. We don’t have to criticize him for things he is not like having no pocket awareness this year.

You don't have a point. You just want an easy out for the team sucking (it sucked before Mac got here) and want to strawman everyone who is saying he's not the problem.
you just made the excuse that Mac isn't a winning quarterback because of ... the entire supporting cast surrounding him ... hmmm, seems like i already made this post... its never macs fault... its always something else... here's a hint - He's part of the problem.

I dont need an excuse to say that this is not a good team. If its not, its easy to see - 0-2 pretty much says it all.

as for mac - and within 2 or 3 posts, the excuses come out... and in your second or third post you did just that ......

Mac is averaging 2.2 seconds a throw. Where are you seeing this long drop backs?
average ... High / Low
And there is stuff you can criticize about Mac. We don’t have to criticize him for things he is not like having no pocket awareness this year.
we dont have to, no. thats true, but im glad we can.

Last edited:
you just made the excuse that Mac isn't a winning quarterback because of ... the entire supporting cast surrounding him ... hmmm, seems like i already made this post... its never macs fault... its always something else... here's a hint - He's part of the problem.

and within 2 or 3 posts, the excuses come out... and in your second or third post you did just that ......
Like I said, no point

Like I said, no point
The point is Mac Jones is an average to below average quarterback,

He doesnt score points.

He does not consistently lead this team to victories.

He has **** his pants over and over, in every important 4th quarter drive, getting dropped for sacks or throwing interceptions.

Hes gone after next year.

Is that a point enough for you?

and here come more excuses defending him... come, lancer, tell me how bad everything and one except mac are the worst in the nfl again... and again... and again...

The point is Mac Jones is an average to below average quarterback,

He doesnt score points.

He does not consistently lead this team to victories.

He has **** his pants over and over, in every important 4th quarter drive, getting dropped for sacks or throwing interceptions.

Hes gone after next year.

Is that a point enough for you?

and here come more excuses defending him... come, lancer, tell me how bad everything and one except mac are the worst in the nfl again... and again... and again...
Name a QB that does all those things with one of the bottom 3 offenses in the league.

Name a QB that does all those things with one of the bottom 3 offenses in the league.
we are the 24th ranked o... and you try to cherry pick the bottom three? okay, jackass
Joe Burrow has done pretty well overall... they are the 30th ranked o this year...

every quarterback goes thru periods where things are less than perfect... some new guys struggle, but get their act together despite a lack of talent...
Patrick Mahomes has done alright... they are the 22nd ranked o this year
trevor lawrence in jacksonville, with the 21st ranked o - He makes his ****ty players better
we got Derek Carr driving a pretty ****ty bus in new orleans... that happens to be 2-0... they are the 25th ranked o
we got Kenny Pickett in pissburgh with a +.500 record... they are the 26th ranked o

wtf has mac jones done?

Bottom line is the offense isn't good.

Mac is part of the offensive problems as a whole, but OL is the biggest issue. Improve that and maybe we get better performance out of him. I don't think he's the future here, but it's hard to deny the OL is out of sync and playing relatively poorly.

His red zone stats and fourth qtr stats are skewed by small sample size and going against a soft shell defense down more than 7 points.
How can they be skewed? It’s the exact same sample size based on the exact two games (the first two) over the previous two seasons…?

I’m so confused :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Last edited:
we are the 24th ranked o... and you try to cherry pick the bottom three? okay, jackass
Joe Burrow has done pretty well overall... they are the 30th ranked o this year...

every quarterback goes thru periods where things are less than perfect... some new guys struggle, but get their act together despite a lack of talent...
Patrick Mahomes has done alright... they are the 22nd ranked o this year
trevor lawrence in jacksonville, with the 21st ranked o - He makes his ****ty players better
we got Derek Carr driving a pretty ****ty bus in new orleans... that happens to be 2-0... they are the 25th ranked o
we got Kenny Pickett in pissburgh with a +.500 record... they are the 26th ranked o

wtf has mac jones done?
I like how we are ranking offenses after 2 games lol.

But let's start. The Burrows Bengals are 0-2 with the 22nd ranked offense. So obviously he can't win with that. He also has Chase.
Mahomes just lost without Kelce and barely won with him back. Also you know they won't finish outside the top 10, let's be real. Again name a time Mahomes has had a wore offense? 2 games into 2023 without his best player in a loss ain't it.
Lawrence is 1-1, his offense is also objectively better with Christian Kirk and a better line.
Derek Carr has a better offense, please.
Kenny Pickett... bro they are 1-1. All time Mac has .484 record and Pickett has a .571. You know what the difference is on that? Mac is exactly one game under .500 and Pickett is exactly 1 game over .500. What a big ****ing difference.

We just played last years NFC Champions and one of the best offenses in the league. All these teams would have been 0-2 vs that based on how they performed so far.

It's weird how all your points fall apart pretty drastically if you put even the smallest bit of effort looking into it.

I like how we are ranking offenses after 2 games lol.

But let's start. The Burrows Bengals are 0-2 with the 22nd ranked offense. So obviously he can't win with that. He also has Chase.
Mahomes just lost without Kelce and barely won with him back. Also you know they won't finish outside the top 10, let's be real. Again name a time Mahomes has had a wore offense? 2 games into 2023 without his best player in a loss ain't it.
Lawrence is 1-1, his offense is also objectively better with Christian Kirk and a better line.
Derek Carr has a better offense, please.
Kenny Pickett... bro they are 1-1. All time Mac has .484 record and Pickett has a .571. You know what the difference is on that? Mac is exactly one game under .500 and Pickett is exactly 1 game over .500. What a big ****ing difference.

We just played last years NFC Champions and one of the best offenses in the league. All these teams would have been 0-2 vs that based on how they performed so far.

It's weird how all your points fall apart pretty drastically if you put even the smallest bit of effort looking into it.
Oooo, man, did you hurt yourself backpedaling so fast?

You cherry picked the bottom three offenses. Got burned, didn't you? so now its not the bottom three?

mac does nothing to make anyone around him better. until he proves otherwise, the only thing we can count on are slow starts and failed fourth quarter comebacks with him under center.

Wherever he lands, Lucky you will be there to see it in person.

Come back to take a victory lap.

Corky Mac appreciates all your effort.
Again, I don’t know what the end game here is. If Mac is out, someone else will be in with a new set of issues and ways he’s not going to measure up to the last guy.

For your own sanity, you’ll enjoy the ride a little more (or be able to tolerate it) with lowered expectations. Because if you keep getting frustrated over the fact whoever doesn’t bring the team back or has some good moments but isn’t close to as good as the last guy, you’re going to potentially be in for some disappointing - potentially - decades.

These once in a generation guys don’t appear very often. The odds of landing another top 5 guy who won’t annoy you aren’t good. We’d all love one, but beyond that, pretty good is about what we can hope for with hopefully some great mixed in.

Not denying he still needs to pull off some of the latter, but he’s not as poor as you’re making him out to be. It could be far worse. It sucks that we’re at that point, but all you have to do is look around the league to realize that.

Oooo, man, did you hurt yourself backpedaling so fast?

You cherry picked the bottom three offenses. Got burned, didn't you? so now its not the bottom three?

mac does nothing to make anyone around him better. until he proves otherwise, the only thing we can count on are slow starts and failed fourth quarter comebacks with him under center.
You said Burrow can win in these circumstances but he's 0-2 with an offense you somehow think is better. You somehow think the Chiefs have a worse offense, but they are 0-1 despite facing lesser competion than us. Those are the two best QB's you listed to prove your point.

Other points you made in this thread:

"Mac needs everything to be almost perfect to win".

He's never had everything close to perfect, still managed to go to the playoffs once and win enough games to be just one game under .500. How the **** did he manage to win 16 games with an offense so bad if he needs things to be nearly perfect? I'm waiting.

"If we can't run the ball then corky and the wrs better get on the same page... no more 7 step drops... no more 3 step drops from the shotgun... 5 seconds timing routes should be a thing of the past... We don't score points... we need to... March down the field 3 yards at a time if need be...its that simple"

As Rob pointed out, he averages 2.2 seconds and is one of the fastest in the league in that stat. So that's not even a problem lol.

You seem mad that people are saying Mac isn't the primary problem on the team and that his play is impacted by a bad offense and you are just throwing out arbitary arguments everytime you get challenged on that and claim that any pushback is because people think Mac's great or something. Most of them don't even jive with reality.

I remember for years falling into the trap that Drew Bledsoe would be elite if only we could pass protect better. Bledsoe would be elite if we got him better weapons. If, if, if, if, then Bledsoe would stop taking bad sacks and throwing stupid INT's.

We were bullshitting ourselves back then. Bledsoe just was not a very good mental QB. He had most of the physical tools, but upstairs was lacking. Bledsoe, for all his faults, showed more in his first 2+ years than Mac has.

I haven't thrown in the towel on Mac. Yet. I want to see how he progresses this entire season. However, I am also not going to fall into the Bledsoe excuse making trap. Plenty of QB's display clutchness and get much better results without a #1 WR and OL perfection. He has to show it this season. Unfortunately, had Boutte dragged his foot or had the Strange first down not been overturned, we may not be having this discussion right now! But we are, and Mac played a major part in NEEEDING those plays on those last drives by ****ing up earlier in the game.

I have faith that Mac is going to begin producing results (not stats) this season. If he doesn't, no more excuses.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back