PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mac Jones interview: someone show BB 1:50 in this vid

I'd be good with Jones. He was really good today and it looks like he would fit the Pats game.
I'm afraid his stock is way up since I posted in other threads in Sept. He was the 7th qb on lists then. Now he's like 3rd or 4th QB listed. I was hoping he'd fall to us mid round.

I'm afraid his stock is way up since I posted in other threads in Sept. He was the 7th qb on lists then. Now he's like 3rd or 4th QB listed. I was hoping he'd fall to us mid round.

I'm not sure it's up /that/ far. I mean, my impression earlier was that he wasn't considered a first rounder but more like second or third. I think he might be around at 15. I've seen him mocked to us there in a few drafts lately.

Our hopes will be crushed with the annual, trade out of round 1 for two round 2 picks and another trade back into round 3 for them to draft a safety and guard.

Our hopes will be crushed with the annual, trade out of round 1 for two round 2 picks and another trade back into round 3 for them to draft a safety and guard.

that hasn’t happened since pioli. With Reese we traded up for Chandler Jones and Hightower. Traded up for Dugger and Winovich and Uche.

The Patriots didn't pick in round 1 the last draft.

that hasn’t happened since pioli. With Reese we traded up for Chandler Jones and Hightower. Traded up for Dugger and Winovich and Uche.
We traded out of the first when the pick was Lamar Jackson, like 2 years ago. We also traded out of the first the very last draft... took Dugger

I really like Mac Jones, I think he's a perfect fit. He's not athletic and doesn't have a cannon, but he plays mistake free, chain moving football. Which to me is more important than the occasional flashy play.
I agree, and I think the Saban-BB connection helps a lot as well. I think his demeanor would mesh well with the NE culture. He sounds a lot like a young Brady tbh.

I wonder if it would be possible to draft Waddle in the 1st and then trade into the back-end of the 1st to get Jones too. You solve your WR and QB issue at the same time without it being too costly, get both guys for 5 years, and they already have an established relationship (which was very successful). Jones throwing to Waddle, Edelman, Meyers and a FA sounds great to me.

I agree, and I think the Saban-BB connection helps a lot as well. I think his demeanor would mesh well with the NE culture. He sounds a lot like a young Brady tbh.

I wonder if it would be possible to draft Waddle in the 1st and then trade into the back-end of the 1st to get Jones too. You solve your WR and QB issue at the same time without it being too costly, get both guys for 5 years, and they already have an established relationship (which was very successful). Jones throwing to Waddle, Edelman, Meyers and a FA sounds great to me.
1609883784897.png

Yeah, Tua is awesome.

Lets draft this years Tua and roll the dice.

Yeah, Tua is awesome.

Lets draft this years Tua and roll the dice.
Tua and Mac Jones are very different. Tua at Bama was all about the highlight reel. Mac Jones is all about moving the chains. Tua threw to open receivers, but lacked the ability Jones has of throwing receivers open. Mac Jones ball placement and accuracy is elite, and he's probably the most savvy QB in the draft. He doesn't have the athleticism of this ther top ranked QB's, but that's an overrated trait in QB's imo.

For what it's worth, Charlie Weis thinks Mac Jones is a Tom Brady clone.

Tua and Mac Jones are very different. Tua at Bama was all about the highlight reel. Mac Jones is all about moving the chains. Tua threw to open receivers, but lacked the ability Jones has of throwing receivers open. Mac Jones ball placement and accuracy is elite, and he's probably the most savvy QB in the draft. He doesn't have the athleticism of this ther top ranked QB's, but that's an overrated trait in QB's imo.

For what it's worth, Charlie Weis thinks Mac Jones is a Tom Brady clone.
Sounds great.

All the Pats need is a Najee Harris and a Devonta Smith and its get the champagne ready.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back