PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mac Jones interview: someone show BB 1:50 in this vid

Sounds great.

All the Pats need is a Najee Harris and a Devonta Smith and its get the champagne ready.
Joe Burrow had Van Jefferson, J'Marr Chase and Clyde Edwards Helaire. Trevor Lawrence had Tee Higgins and Travis Etienne. What's your point exactly? You want us to draft a QB who had no weapons in college and still looked NFL ready?

Joe Burrow had Van Jefferson, J'Marr Chase and Clyde Edwards Helaire. Trevor Lawrence had Tee Higgins and Travis Etienne. What's your point exactly? You want us to draft a QB who had no weapons in college and still looked NFL ready?
Pats QB Jones will look over and see Myers, Byrd, Harry and maybe Moncrief.

Youre not in Alabama anymore. Now Jones needs to make these players better and not the other way around. Alabama just plugs in a new QB every year and keeps winning.

Youre not in Alabama anymore. Now Jones needs to make these players better and not the other way around. Alabama just plugs in a new QB every year and keeps winning.
Their wr are so wide open it is Hard to miss them. Also like 5-8 yards throws they make 20 YAC. Looks good on the stat sheet for the qb

You don't know who his targets will be. He could be looking at Allen Robinson, AJ Green, TY Hilton and Hunter Henry for all either of us know. Unlikely, I know, but I'm pretty sure we'll be better stocked than the past 16 games.

At the very least we'll have Julian Edelman and Marqise Lee back. [sarcasm]And Matt LaCosse.[/sarcasm]

Their wr are so wide open it is Hard to miss them. Also like 5-8 yards throws they make 20 YAC. Looks good on the stat sheet for the qb
The NFL is littered with good - great Alabama WRs, RBs and TEs.

Henry Ruggs 452 yards and 2 TDs
Jerry Juedy 856 yards and 3 TDs

They look promising but the jury is still out.

Josh Jacobs 1065 yards and 12 TDs
Irv Smith 365 yards and 5 TDs
Damien Harris 691 yards and 2 TDs
Calvin Ridley 1374 yards and 9 TDs
Derrick Henry 2027 yards and 17 TDs
Kenyan Drake 955 yards and 10 TDs
Amari Cooper 1114 yards and 5 TDs

Where are all the good - great Alabama QBs?

Last edited:
You don't know who his targets will be. He could be looking at Allen Robinson, AJ Green, TY Hilton and Hunter Henry for all either of us know. Unlikely, I know, but I'm pretty sure we'll be better stocked than the past 16 games.

At the very least we'll have Julian Edelman and Marqise Lee back. [sarcasm]And Matt LaCosse.[/sarcasm]
Allen Robinson wont be in NE. He wants to get paid.

Edelman is done in NE.

The NFL is littered with good - great Alabama WRs, RBs and TEs.

Henry Ruggs 452 yards and 2 TDs
Jerry Juedy 856 yards and 3 TDs

They look promising but the jury is still out.

Josh Jacobs 1065 yards and 12 TDs
Irv Smith 365 yards and 5 TDs
Damien Harris 691 yards and 2 TDs
Calvin Ridley 1374 yards and 9 TDs
Derrick Henry 2027 yards and 17 TDs
Kenyan Drake 955 yards and 10 TDs
Amari Cooper 1114 yards and 5 TDs

Where are all the good - great Alabama QBs?
yeah that's one of the reasons why i am not sold on Jones. When your supporting cast and pass protection is great you don't need to be mobile. But in our offense it would be highly welcome to roll out and avoid pressure, extend the play, run for a couple of yards if the protection is too good. Jones is no statue but no Wilson or Lance with his feet. And i prefer the "dualthreat" qb type more when you have not the greatest supporting cast. I mean Jones isn't bad but not at 15 for me, more like second maybe or third

Did you see his TD throw to the pylon in the bowl game? That had about a postage stamp's worth of space for error and he nailed it. He's tremendously accurate.

Did you see his TD throw to the pylon in the bowl game? That had about a postage stamp's worth of space for error and he nailed it. He's tremendously accurate.
Yes i saw that. I did not say he is inaccurate but most of the time their wr are open af and its Hard to miss them. Just look at the other td on the left side in the end zone, or the WR Screen to Smith where he ran for a TD. I mean he makes good reads recognizes blitz well but for example the TD you mentioned was also at least half Count on Smith here to me bc his body control to secure the catch and get Both feet in bounds was amazing, but agree also a great throw

Well the main reason we might take a look at Mac Jones is the Alabama connection with Nick Saban. BB often trusts connections more than scouting reports. That's part of why we ended up with Hightower. I don't know much about Mac Jones but I do know we need a new top QB to lead this team into the future.

I hope other teams talk themselves into passing over because of a loaded offense. I hope Mac falls to the 2nd or 3rd round.

We should go defense first. I'm not sure why Waddle is being ranked so high. He has been far less productive compared to Devonta and Najee.

I hope other teams talk themselves into passing over because of a loaded offense. I hope Mac falls to the 2nd or 3rd round.

We should go defense first. I'm not sure why Waddle is being ranked so high. He has been far less productive compared to Devonta and Najee.
Waddle played only four games let's give him credit. He had 557 yards, 161 against one of the best defenses in country Georgia and 142 against Texas A&M. He was definitely on to a 1000+ season and easy 10+ TD. Of Course after the Waddle injury Smith was the go to guy, it helped his production.
Waddle has insane speed and looket like a better receiver than ruggs. He showed improvement to be a more complete WR than just deep threat.

Waddle played only four games let's give him credit. He had 557 yards, 161 against one of the best defenses in country Georgia and 142 against Texas A&M. He was definitely on to a 1000+ season and easy 10+ TD. Of Course after the Waddle injury Smith was the go to guy, it helped his production.
Waddle has insane speed and looket like a better receiver than ruggs. He showed improvement to be a more complete WR than just deep threat.
I think in the games in which both Waddle and Smith played this year, Waddle actually outproduced Smith.

I think in the games in which both Waddle and Smith played this year, Waddle actually outproduced Smith.
I would explain it with the different routes they are responsible for. Smith had more receptions in those games a little fewer yards but i mean waddle runs the deep routes mostly so he has more shots for big plays. I think he had like 2 plays with 80 or 90 yards.

The knock against Jones (in some articles) is that he can't do the Wilson, Mahomes, Rodgers stuff i.e. running around in the backfield after a busted play and slinging a 40 yard pass across his body to someone who eventually gets open after 7 seconds. Is that really what QBs need to be in 2021? Isn't there room for a reliable pocket passer with a bit of mobility who can go through their reads and make good decisions? If not, there should be.

The knock against Jones (in some articles) is that he can't do the Wilson, Mahomes, Rodgers stuff i.e. running around in the backfield after a busted play and slinging a 40 yard pass across his body to someone who eventually gets open after 7 seconds. Is that really what QBs need to be in 2021? Isn't there room for a reliable pocket passer with a bit of mobility who can go through their reads and make good decisions? If not, there should be.
That stuff is overrated. Give me ball security and moving the chains in a boring, death by 1000 paper cuts way any day over the high risk, flashy play ability that more often than not ends in turnovers. For every Rodgers there's 10 Winston's...

Devonta Smith 215 yards 3 TDs

Yeah, get Mack Jones here pronto.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back