PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mac Jones appreciation thread

Even in the losses, Mac makes you feel like he's the right guy. I'm a little surprised he's had as many turnovers as he has, but plenty of them were attributable at least partially to bad receivers, bad OL, or some combination.

As his surrounding offensive cast solidifies, I think the turnovers are going to slow down and it's going to become a lot more clear what we have in Mac even as a rookie.

Whether that amounts to a playoff spot this season, I kind of doubt it. But it won't be the QB's fault like it was last year.

Absolutely, even when we were 2-4 , I was excited for the future. Mac was the least of our problems . We just might have ended up with the best or second best QB of this years draft !
Mac has repeatedly beaten Trevor Lawrence going back to high school days. Might end up being Brady v Manning kind of career competition.

He has a 2-2 record, 83/117 70.9%, 1142 yards, 7 touchdowns and 3 interceptions. The two losses were to Tampa and Dallas and came down to the final few plays.

Mac Jones has been fantastic.

While people here are overselling what the kid has done so far (he's been good, but some of the hype has gone overboard), there's no question that, at least for this season, we should all appreciate that he's the N.E. starter, and not Zach Wilson, Trey Lance, or Justin Fields.

While people here are overselling what the kid has done so far (he's been good, but some of the hype has gone overboard), there's no question that, at least for this season, we should all appreciate that he's the N.E. starter, and not Zach Wilson, Trey Lance, or Justin Fields.

1635121047912-1.png

Just imagine him with another year in the system and some muscle on him. Not to mention, a bona fide WR.
I think the wrs will be fine. What he needs is an ol that wont get him killed. Thats the reason the Pats havent been able to open up their offense. This lineup played great today. Like to see em keep it. F Trent Brown. Useless. Even when he supposedly gets healthy, let him be a depth player. Onwenu has outplayed him and should stay at rt. Keep Wynn at lt. Let them roll w.the same lineup for a while and get some continuity together. Hopefully Jonnu recovers quickly. We have very good rbs. We will see big production from the tes. And Mac will keep improving. The ol is the key.

Just imagine him with another year in the system and some muscle on him. Not to mention, a bona fide WR.
I'd rather Mac have a bona fide OL. Everyone looks good against the Jets. But the Chargers DL might just kill Mac if they get open runs at him like he has had to suffer in earlier games this season. Oh and he would have had a bona fide WR already if our WR drafting wasn't akin to having the 'dog' make the picks. Maybe that's what BB did? Who knows but it's a putrefying track record in New England.

VSZsi3o.jpeg

Last edited:
Still don’t understand why the niners pushed all their chips in when everyone knew Lance needed at least a year watching from the sidelines.

Still don’t understand why the niners pushed all their chips in when everyone knew Lance needed at least a year watching from the sidelines.
Honestly? I think they originally moved up for Mac Jones. But they got cold feet because their 'fans' didn't like the 'optics' of drafting an 'unathletic' Quarterback that high. In other words, Shanahan gave into public perception and sold himself on the athleticism and 'upside' of Trey Lance. Boy does that look like a HUGE mistake right now.

This PFT article sums ups the 49er's Folly nicely. All I can say is thank you Kyle Shanahan for either chickening out or making the wrong call or both. Thanks for letting Mac Jones slip all the way down to the Patriots.

Coming into today's game, even with a pass completion percentage of better than 70%, Jones had a passer rating of just under 90, and was 7:6 with TD:INT. He's been good, for a rookie. He certainly hasn't been "fantastic", and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. That's good, for a rookie. It's not him being "fantastic", as one poster wrote.

And that's o.k. He's a rookie. The goal, and expectation, is improvement over time, not "fantastic" out of the gate. And, as I noted,

at least for this season, we should all appreciate that he's the N.E. starter, and not Zach Wilson, Trey Lance, or Justin Fields

And none of that has anything to do with "that guy in Tampa", so go rail at some clouds.

Honestly? I think they originally moved up for Mac Jones. But they got cold feet because their 'fans' didn't like the 'optics' of drafting an 'unathletic' Quarterback that high. In other words, Shanahan gave into public perception and sold himself on the athleticism and 'upside' of Trey Lance. Boy does that look like a HUGE mistake right now.

This PFT article sums ups the 49er's Folly nicely. All I can say is thank you Kyle Shanahan for either chickening out or making the wrong call or both. Thanks for letting Mac Jones slip all the way down to the Patriots.
There’s a list of teams we should thank for sure. NYJ, SF, Detroit, Carolina, Denver, Philly, Chicago.

just got off work, last look at the score was 31-something.... come home to this.

AYYYYEEEEEE LETS GET ITTTTTTTTTTT

Coming into today's game, even with a pass completion percentage of better than 70%, Jones had a passer rating of just under 90, and was 7:6 with TD:INT. He's been good, for a rookie. He certainly hasn't been "fantastic", and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. That's good, for a rookie. It's not him being "fantastic", as one poster wrote.

And that's o.k. He's a rookie. The goal, and expectation, is improvement over time, not "fantastic" out of the gate. And, as I noted,

And none of that has anything to do with "that guy in Tampa", so go rail at some clouds.

Cut the B.S., your cautiously parsed Mac "assessment," calling him "oversold," etc. has EVERYTHING to do with obsessive Brady worship and hard-on for BB. You've made your allegiances abundantly clear -- Bucs/Brady/Bruce "Easy Chair" Arians. Just own it.

Last edited:

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back