PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mac being labeled dirty

203Pat

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
The Twittersphere as well as Eli Apple yesterday calling Mac dirty. This guy even put together a compilation.

A little bit of dirty play can be fun but Weird to see it from a QB.

Most of those seem OK. The Eli cut yesterday seems like it might cross a line can't take out athletes knees. Kick them in the balls fine but not the knees.

A friend of mine said this last year (Panthers fumble) and I defended him as a one off or a stretch to call him that from a couple plays.

It may just be his way of trying to make a play but he really needs to cut it out. One play like that could be just a fluke but he already has a compilation and it's not even 2 full years.

Another thing that bothers me is that he seems to not care at all about the player, on the receiving end, after the play. Not to mention this could make him a target for dirty plays in retaliation and we don't want that.

Looks like borderline stuff on first blush. But if this is intentional on Mac's part he needs to cut it out of his game because that's just bush league. If he gains a reputation for being dirty, watch out cos those loose ball scrums after the whistle are way more dirty. Mac might get some 'unwanted touching' if you get my drift.

A little bit of dirty play can be fun but Weird to see it from a QB.

Most of those seem OK. The Eli cut yesterday seems like it might cross a line can't take out athletes knees. Kick them in the balls fine but not the knees.
Are you serious? Imagine if a QB took out Marcus Jones like that... we'd be pissed, especially if it resulted in injury. This was a big time dirty play by Mac.

Mac has not been an example of poise and composure so far. On top of not being that good of a player at this point.

I just see a guy that's very competitive and has grit. If he can take out one of the opponent starters, isn't that being a team player?

He is also a flopper. He has done some late slides and exaggerated the hits to no avail. These plays, the whining, and flops have made me lose a little respect for him. He has an old look so it is hard to remember that he is still young.

I just see a guy that's very competitive and has grit. If he can take out one of the opponent starters, isn't that being a team player?
If he was actually "trying to take out one of the opponent starters" then it's worse than just dirt. We're really condoning purposely trying to injury a player on a cheap shot? Come on.

Mac's biggest drawback is not blocking well enough so his OL has time to protect the quarterback. Same with his route running, getting the play call in on time and powering past defenders at the point of attack. The reason he's not long-snapping is because he couldn't get back fast enough to punt the ball -- just not sufficiently athletic for that.

Every single one of those plays is dirty. I was also critical of Brady for sliding with his cleats up against the Ravens in the 2012 AFCCG. You just don’t do that. Any Pop Warner or Little League coach worth his weight in salt teaches kids that in their first year.

It also just so happens that those plays mostly occurred in which something either went wrong or when he didn’t get what he wanted out of the play. He’s a hothead. That’s why opposing fans were laughing as hard as they were when he was crying like a little girl after spraining his ankle against the Ravens this year. If he doesn’t stop doing stuff like that, he’s going to get rolled up on more often.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back