PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

M.Bennett Reported Asking Price 9 Mil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
solongfarewell.jpg

Yikes

It would be a major upset if he came back.

He priced himself right out of Foxboro.

Thanks for helping us get #5, Marty. You won't be as happy or successful in your next gig, unfortunately.

EDIT: Since this post has seemed to cause some stir among a few members, the happiness to which I refer is talking about the locker room, and the success is referencing team success. It in no way is a criticism of Martellus Bennett, who I argued many times during the season with a few posters that I viewed him as a one-year rental.

Last edited:
Posters need to realize these young men don't care about "team friendly contracts, team loyalty" the way the fans do. These men want to provide as much as possible for there families. Most will choose to cash out on the biggest contract offered.

Don't expect the patriots to resign any of their big names if they lowball them compared to what the more desperate teams offer. With that said, I am praying we lock up Hightower and butler long term somehow.

Last edited:
First of all, this is one of these "reported" stories that really has no validity. Most likely this number comes from an agency source designed to test the market. Frankly I doubt very much any team would consider paying that kind of money for a 30 year old TE who already has a ring and a lot of outside interests.

But thst being said, there IS a ton of cap space available to most teams. I could see a team giving him $9MM, but only for a year, and I don't think that is what he wants

• Winner
Reactions: PP2
Did you guys expect him to go out with an asking price of vet minimum?

Just because this is his asking price doesn't mean he'll get it. Or that he won't accept less than that.

No didn't expect him to to ask for Vet's Min but listening to him from his post SB Win interview on how he's a SB Winner and you know how teams overpay for SBW and this comin straight from Unicorns mouth. Yes he can come back for less than that but his intentions were clear.

If he leaves here, the higher his contract the better. If he does get $9m, that'd be close to a third round comp pick.

First of all, this is one of these "reported" stories that really has no validity. Most likely this number comes from an agency source designed to test the market. Frankly I doubt very much any team would consider paying that kind of money for a 30 year old TE who already has a ring and a lot of outside interests.

But thst being said, there IS a ton of cap space available to most teams. I could see a team giving him $9MM, but only for a year, and I don't think that is what he wants

And that's just it. There will Always be a team out there to regardless of logic or common sense (see Jets filling PSL Seats)

Did you guys expect him to go out with an asking price of vet minimum?

Just because this is his asking price doesn't mean he'll get it. Or that he won't accept less than that.
Would be surprised if he signs with a medicre franchises.

hope he gets it

he's already in the past

let the ****stain Lengel era begin

Its us Raiders or Rams in my opinion.
I know they don't have Fisher anymore but that seems like the type of bull****ery he was tired of in Chicago.

"Nine? Are you outta your mind!?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case