PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LOL! Some Dallas fans claiming Dak is better than Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope is so fleeting and can be dashed so easily. Cowboys fans have had their hopes dashed so many times, it's a wonder they can still hope that something good will happen. They have a good product on the field right now but the morons off the field that coach and run the team will probably find a way to screw it up again. BB had the courage to keep playing Brady when Bledsoe was healthy, let's see if the Cowboy's can do something similar.

He looks pretty good. But time will tell whether he is playing over his head as RG3 did his first year or if he eventually turns into a force in the league. Same goes for Wentz.

But it will definitely be fun watching when Romo comes back and the team explodes.

Maybe Dallas fans should wait until Dak breaks Brady's (shared) record for most Superbowl championships by a QB.

Cowboys fans are crazy though; I should know, I married one!

It sounds crazy to say this since Brady is still playing, but the league that Brady joined as a starter in 2001 is significantly different from the one we have today in terms of how easy it is to pass the ball. I did some research to measure the difference....

In 2001, 2 QB's threw for 4,000 yards. Last year, 8 did,
In 2001, 3 guys threw 30+ TD's. Last year, -->11<-- QB's had 30+.
In 2001, 1 QB had an above-100 rating. Last year, 6 did.
In 2001, 9 QB's threw 19+ INT's. Last year, not a single one did.

Mods, you can lock this thread. Upon hearing homers tried saying Romo > Brady made me realize we only have 31 NFL teams and 1 SMH teams. No reason for a SMH team to be apart of NFL discussions.

Prescott has done a great job, HOWEVER the real story down in Dallas is how good the defense has been with a LOT of no-names. That is the story that isn't being told.

Prescott has done a great job, HOWEVER the real story down in Dallas is how good the defense has been with a LOT of no-names. That is the story that isn't being told.

Agreed, and the story within that story is that Morris Claiborne has suddenly lived up to his pre-draft billing. Someone's going to pay him a lot of UFA money this offseason, and it will be a mistake. Pretty huge red flag that he's finally playing to his potential in a contract year after sucking for the last 3, but for this year the Cowboys get to reap the benefits.

It sounds crazy to say this since Brady is still playing, but the league that Brady joined as a starter in 2001 is significantly different from the one we have today in terms of how easy it is to pass the ball. I did some research to measure the difference....

In 2001, 2 QB's threw for 4,000 yards. Last year, 8 did,
In 2001, 3 guys threw 30+ TD's. Last year, -->11<-- QB's had 30+.
In 2001, 1 QB had an above-100 rating. Last year, 6 did.
In 2001, 9 QB's threw 19+ INT's. Last year, not a single one did.

In 2002, Brady led the NFL with 28 passing TDs.

The world according to Cowgirl fans.
  • Greatest QB of all time: Dak (I'm sorry I seriously forget his last name, but that doesn't matter...he's the GOAT)
  • Last years greatest QB all time: Tony Romo (playoff record 1-3)
  • Greatest coach of all time: Jason Garrett (compelling 1-1 postseason)
  • Best owner in the league: Jerry Jones (if only he stood firm and drafted Johnny Manzel)
This all makes perfect sense to me. :confused:

I watched Dak pretty closely in yesterday's game. I saw a number of throws significantly off target. I'm just not convinced that Dak really is a better quarterback than Tony Romo. I think Cowboy fans are setting themselves up for a fall. But Dak is the flavor of the month and most everyone seems to be on the bandwagon.

I'll say one thing for the cowboy fans. At least they know which QB to compare him too :D.

Though, nobody ever got into the HoF based on 6 games...

Be interesting to see how teams prepare for him after they get good film on him (which is probably the point they are at). But, he seems to be making good decisions and always a positive to have more young talent come into the game. Just don't want the Cowboys to get a first if they decide to trade Romo.

Of course he is

Agreed, and the story within that story is that Morris Claiborne has suddenly lived up to his pre-draft billing. Someone's going to pay him a lot of UFA money this offseason, and it will be a mistake. Pretty huge red flag that he's finally playing to his potential in a contract year after sucking for the last 3, but for this year the Cowboys get to reap the benefits.

Didn't Claiborne also have a decent stretch in 2014? I remember reading a lot of these types of posts but then they disappeared and Claiborne was back to anonymity.

He's had a good start to his career thus far but he hasn't encountered a team yet that is going to bottle up Elliott and force Prescott to beat them himself. That said, Cowboys fans are hardly the first to make the comparison. Weis made the comparison to a 2001 Brady just last week.

So do idiots, that is known.
The word "Fan" is short for "Fanatical"

By definition, ALL fans are supposed to be homers. I get a kick out people that claim to be fans of the sport. Their team likely sucks!

Maybe the level of homerism varies, but if you're a Pats fan, you're a homer!

Of course they would be excited if he broke one of Brady's records! Who wouldn't be? Only the most ignorant would suggest it means he is better than Brady, but it clearly does invite comparisons to Brady's early play. This is the kind of thing that radio talk show hosts will eat up to fill their four hours.

Michael Irvin has always had Brady's back and recognized his greatness. I'm happy he has something to be happy about. At least when they aren't playing us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
Back