PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lifelong Panthers fan AMA (ask me anything) Cam Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely agree with you.. and I do find it rather ironic, because Brady is married to a super model and has lived a very eccentric lifestyle with all kinds of hairstyles and outfits

The way he carries himself is going to be much different than what we're used to, Cam is much more extroverted than Brady is from a personality standpoint. That's not a bad thing, its just different than what people are used to but they're going to have to get used to it because Brady isn't walking thru that door again unless its to sign a ceremonial contract to retire.
I was thinking of this yesterday. Brady has had more hairstyles than almost anyone in the league at one point between 06-12. Once and a great while someone would poke fun but nothing to the effect of this. Where people think it's actually a big deal.

Idk Idk

Regarding Spygate - The Pats were punished for filming "DEFENSIVE HAND SIGNALS" from defensive coaches on the sidelines. Comments by the Panthers that "it felt like the Pats were in our huddle" in the first half does not make sense as the issues the Panthers had were on offense not defense. If the Panthers changed things up at halftime regarding their signals then the Patriots would not have scored 18 points in the 4th quarter when they no longer had the advantage of allegedly knowing all the play calls. Offensive play calls come in via radio. Things like this are why Pats fans take issue with the various complaints as the majority of opposing players and fans have no idea what they are talking about. And when that particular Panthers team is "exposed" for a massive steroid scandal or other teams are caught doing something against the rules yet their is minimal if any public outrage I think us Pats fans feel that the double standard is pretty blatant.

Come on dude, as a Pats fan you have to know your facts about these BS scandals.

@Conflicted Panthers fan, the Pats were NOT punished for anything that they taped. They were punished for taping other teams signals FROM THE WRONG LOCATION in the stadium, in violation of a league memo. Taping signals was NOT illegal at that point. The league just didn't want teams to tape the signals from field level. Belichick tried to be cute and thought that he could get away with it on a technicality (based upon the wording of the league memo) while sticking it to the league office, reasoning the videos were not being used to assist them in that game, on that day.

In summary, the real name of the scandal should be CAMERAINTHEWRONGLOCATIONGATE.

Steve Young hadn't done sh-t before age 30. Stop being weird.

Over the course of 5 seasons he only started 15 games.....hadn't had the chance to "do sh*t". Stop being a fluffer.

Sounds like we should trade for Greg Olsen immediately lol

At the end of the day, Belichick and the staff already know these things about Cam and still chose to sign him. He spoke to Norv Turner specifically about Cam in the offseason, and Norv is an old school guy that isn't going to blow rainbows up BBs ass for Cam Newton just for the heck of it.. he'll give his honest assessment of him and probably pointers on how he can tweak the offense to his strengths

Brady is gone. We don't have a quantum computer running our offense anymore and you aren't going to find someone else in FA who can do it the way Brady did it, or replace his 20 years of deep understanding in this offense.

The offense has to evolve and change, and they will. I'm excited to watch it unfold this season and ill be rooting for Cam and the Pats to succeed

Concur on almost all points.

Signing with the Patriots and having the chance to play for BB is hands down the best-case scenario for Cam at this point in time...without a doubt the best opportunity of Cam's entire football career.

What remains to be seen is whether Cam will seize the opportunity and make the most of it. To that point, making the most of said opportunity hinges on 2 components -- (i) work ethic, and (ii) intellect.

Properly motivated (i) is entirely within Cam's control, only time will tell on (ii)....

Over the course of 5 seasons he only started 15 games.....hadn't had the chance to "do sh*t". Stop being a fluffer.

You're completely missing the point. People have every reason to be excited for 31 year old Newton with a ton of historical accolades . More so than when Young became a regular starter at age 30 having not done anything before then.

You're completely missing the point. People have every reason to be excited for 31 year old Newton with a ton of historical accolades . More so than when Young became a regular starter at age 30 having not done anything before then.

I'm not missing anything.

You are certainly entitled to be excited to see what Cam might do as a Patriot (I too am excited to see what he might do) but conflating his prospects with HOF'er Steve Young's accomplishments is completely illogical and pure fantasy...

The only reason Young didn't "do anything" prior to age 30 is because he didn't have the opportunity to play on a regular basis.

Hey, quick question, what's your position on the Wonderlic test?

Oh and what about the other thing?

I'm not missing anything.

The only reason Young didn't "do anything" prior to age 30 is because he didn't have the opportunity to play on a regular basis.

Uh...not quite accurate. Young started at QB for Tampa Bay in his 2nd season 14 games...and he made 101 and 92 attempts in 11 and 10 games in 88 and 89 before siitng out almost completely in 1990 because of Montana.

Steve Young Career Stats | NFL.com

Concur on almost all points.

Signing with the Patriots and having the chance to play for BB is hands down the best-case scenario for Cam at this point in time...without a doubt the best opportunity of Cam's entire football career.

What remains to be seen is whether Cam will seize the opportunity and make the most of it. To that point, making the most of said opportunity hinges on 2 components -- (i) work ethic, and (ii) intellect.

Properly motivated (i) is entirely within Cam's control, only time will tell on (ii)....

Cam’s success in New England hinges on one thing, his health.

If his health wasn’t an issue, Carolina wouldn’t have let him go and if they did another team would have picked him up long ago.

Work ethic? Intellect?

You guys are telling on yourselves. Yikes

Your posts got me pumped. Im getting more and more excited about Cam's arrival as we approach the season. Welcom @Conflicted Panthers fan

Personally, I dont get too offended by jokes, but yeah, cheating is kinda of touchy subject around- especially cause all of us followed everything very closely.

Anyways, ive got a question: Whats your take on Cam Newton's SB non-dive? Have your thoughts change throughout the years on the situation?

Your posts got me pumped. Im getting more and more excited about Cam's arrival as we approach the season. Welcom @Conflicted Panthers fan

Personally, I dont get too offended by jokes, but yeah, cheating is kinda of touchy subject around- especially cause all of us followed everything very closely.

Anyways, ive got a question: Whats your take on Cam Newton's SB non-dive? Have your thoughts change throughout the years on the situation?

Living in Carolina I've probably seen more of Cam than most Pats fans.
The dude is a competitor. Also a good guy off the field and a leader on it.
Ive never had any issue with how he(or anyone else) dresses or wears their hair.
I mean, who gives a f? Damn, we got BB looking like a homeless guy sometimes.
Do your thing. How shallow someone gotta be to judge anyone over such trivial sheet.
I never really minded the Superman, the Dab etc. It was more about getting the crowd fired up than him hogging the spotlight. Football is an emotional game, nothing wrong with letting a little loose sometimes. Though the Gronk spike is way better than anything Cam did.
But the ONLY time I've ever disliked Cam was when he didn't fall on that fumble.
I still can't wrap my head around it. It went against everything he's stood for as a player. He's never given a good explanation for it.
But maybe not fair to paint an entire career by one (seemingly) cowardly mistake. He's surely shown a lot of balls over the years with all the pounding he's taken.

It is just the usual racist ********.

Watching a certain segment of people lose their mind and throwing out dogwhistle **** has been one of the most entertaining aspects of signing Newton. But the real fun is about to start soon.

Yep. Some people are just pulling sheet out of their buttholes. I've never seen Cams work ethic or football intellect questioned in his career. Guy has always put the work in.
He's a 9-year pro and former MVP who can read any defense. Would take Stid years of starting to approach what Cam knows about NFL defenses.
Like any player, he has his playing flaws, but work ethic and football smarts are strengths.

Completely agree with you.. and I do find it rather ironic, because Brady is married to a super model and has lived a very eccentric lifestyle with all kinds of hairstyles and outfits

I think the way Giselle dressed Brady "Ken-Doll-Style" for those Met Galas was far worse than anything Cam put on...including the bonnet...LOL.

As far as the non-dive for the fumble, I think it’s a split second decision he’d like to take back. Of course you’d like to see him dive on it and risk his body like he’s done probably more than any quarterback in the history of the sport. I believe he thought the Broncos player was going to beat him to it and so he made the incorrect decision to pull up.

I guess it shouldn’t be a surprise how every Cam detractor on the planet wants to post that gif whenever anything positive is brought up. I can’t think of another player that folks try to negatively define from one split second decision, but it is what it is.

Regardless, if he recovers that fumble the Panthers still are not winning that game. Nine times out of ten the panthers beat that Broncos team. I said coming into the game the ONLY way they lose is if Von Miller goes off, and that’s exactly what happened. Denver was fortunate enough to recover every single strip sack as well. Just a terrible terrible protection gameplan to leave Mike Remmers one on one with Miller with little to no help. Cost the Panthers the ultimate prize after one of the best regular seasons ever.

Cam’s success in New England hinges on one thing, his health.

If his health wasn’t an issue, Carolina wouldn’t have let him go and if they did another team would have picked him up long ago.

Work ethic? Intellect?

You guys are telling on yourselves. Yikes

Yes exactly. Welcome to Boston. The reality unfortunately matches the public perception , among a sizable proportion in the local media and fanbase, but people here have blinders on.

There is absolutely nothing to suggest anyone have a legit reason to question Newton's work ethic or intelligence

....aside from bias or stereotyping

As far as the non-dive for the fumble, I think it’s a split second decision he’d like to take back. Of course you’d like to see him dive on it and risk his body like he’s done probably more than any quarterback in the history of the sport. I believe he thought the Broncos player was going to beat him to it and so he made the incorrect decision to pull up.

I guess it shouldn’t be a surprise how every Cam detractor on the planet wants to post that gif whenever anything positive is brought up. I can’t think of another player that folks try to negatively define from one split second decision, but it is what it is.

Regardless, if he recovers that fumble the Panthers still are not winning that game. Nine times out of ten the panthers beat that Broncos team. I said coming into the game the ONLY way they lose is if Von Miller goes off, and that’s exactly what happened. Denver was fortunate enough to recover every single strip sack as well. Just a terrible terrible protection gameplan to leave Mike Remmers one on one with Miller with little to no help. Cost the Panthers the ultimate prize after one of the best regular seasons ever.

I appreciate you coming here but word of advice, the video witch hunt and deflate gate fallacy are touchy subjects. Will be hard for you to deprogram from national propaganda vs beliefs here.

My 2 cents if you just look at facts. 1. Videotaping is actually Legal even now. Always has been. The violation was actually filming from a wrong location in stadium. If you think the Pats benefitted in the 2003 bowl, fact is the Pats offense did nothing the first half of the game, they started scoring in the 4th quarter after in game adjustments.
2. So many science experiments have proven that footballs will deflate exactly the same range in snow weather as those measured in the Pats Colts game. The nfl even ran tests the following year and never disclosed the results. Likely because they would have proven exactly that footballs lose a little psi in snow weather. Again look at the game, the Pats scored all their points in the Colts game with new replacement footballs in the second half. And the next 16 games after they had an even better win/loss record and point differential .

That DEN defense was all-time, but there’s no way CAR should’ve lost that game considering the ineptitude of that DEN offense. I thought you guys had the SB in the bag after beating both SEA & AZ. IMHO, Park Avenue just wanted to send “The Sheriff” off with one more before he retired..

That DEN defense was all-time, but there’s no way CAR should’ve lost that game considering the ineptitude of that DEN offense. I thought you guys had the SB in the bag after beating both SEA & AZ. IMHO, Park Avenue just wanted to send “The Sheriff” off with one more before he retired..

I saw some highlights the other day and I had forgotten it was still a close game late into the second half even with a disastrous first three quarters. There were definitely a lot of questionable calls that all went in Denver’s favor. Oh well

Interesting that a Patriot fan thinks SBs are fixed. I guess our 6 are meaningless and just the will of the NFL fixers.

Interesting that a Patriot fan thinks SBs are fixed. I guess our 6 are meaningless and just the will of the NFL fixers.
These things happen sometimes, young fella..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents