PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lifelong Panthers fan AMA (ask me anything) Cam Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cpf benvenuto welcome

Thks for yr very interesting posts

Personally i am now very excited to see him motivated and ready for a new chapter of his career

I am reading you with attention

Dude like I’ve mentioned before, there are diehard Panthers fans that hated Cam and just tolerated him even when we were cruising. Some have dubbed those F150 Panthers fans. An outspoken black quarterback leading the franchise was basically their worst nightmare. They have a lot more issues than sports.
GTFO with that garbage.

That number 3 moment there? Bad throw. Hixon bailed him out.

So all those clips showed a grand total of One good throw, the TD to Olsen. Whoop-de-doo.

This doesn’t fit the narrative that Cam isn’t good but if you’re interested this guy has some great threads

@Conflicted Panthers fan , assuming Cam's shoulder holds up for 16 games......

Do you see a 1995-Rockets-Clyde Drexler type of resurgence for Cam?

IF Cam is healthy, and that’s a gigantic IF, then you’re talking about a potential MVP candidate. The first half of 2018, before re-injuring the shoulder, Cam was statistically outpacing his 2015 MVP season. Read that again. Yes, if Cam is healthy the league better watch out. He’s a different breed.

Thinking back to the SB 38 with the Panthers, man that Panther's team was WAY better than people knew. They really went punch for punch with the 2003 Pats, who might've been one of the best Super Bowl teams ever. Pats went 14-2, had a great defense, just a great team.

Really the racism crap doesn’t belong here.
There is a pats fans pub where you can go and post that stuff.
I agree. Let's not go down that road.

Thinking back to the SB 38 with the Panthers, man that Panther's team was WAY better than people knew. They really went punch for punch with the 2003 Pats, who might've been one of the best Super Bowl teams ever. Pats went 14-2, had a great defense, just a great team.

I know, and just imagine what might have been if the Pats didn't have tape on the Panthers practices leading up to the game. *ducks*

:haha:

I know, and just imagine what might have been if the Pats didn't have tape on the Panthers practices leading up to the game. *ducks*

:haha:
Way to alienate everyone, noob. You were doing so good. :rolleyes:

It's not "the playbook." It's the changes that the coaching staff put together from week to week on both sides of the ball. The question is appropriate.

From everything I've seen, Newton can read a defense and adjust at the line of scrimmage. What is unclear is whether he'll be able to execute an offense that is different from one week to the next.

My question is, will Newton embrace the idea that he's on a team that is looking to make a deep playoff run. That means he must take care of his body and sublimate his instincts to run when things break down. He does us no good if he breaks down during the season. He has to make his goal to make it through the regular season. He can't just take off and take shots when things break down in the passing game.

A series of excellent points you make.....the highlighted one is probably the biggest question mark.

Cam Newton says half the time he calls plays wrong and teammates correct him | FOX Sports

Last edited:

Attachments

• upload_2020-7-23_15-54-21.png
    upload_2020-7-23_15-54-21.png
    625.7 KB · Views: 9
Welcome to Pats Nation, and always remember... YANKEES SUCK!

It's not "the playbook." It's the changes that the coaching staff put together from week to week on both sides of the ball.

The question is appropriate. Can Cam Newton adjust to a new game plan every week? He'll be asked to throw 50 passes one week and 25 the next depending on the strengths and weaknesses of the opponent.

Is there a chance the coaching staff won't change the offense that much week to week? That may be more something you can do when you have a QB who is cerebral, a perfectionist and a film student and the like.

I think the Pats were always prepared that Brady was getting suspended in 2016...I mean they knew in May that he was going to miss the 1st month. The timeline here is much more condensed.

Not saying that he will be up to where Jimmy was but that there are a multitude of ways to help him ease into the offense. Especially if McDaniels adds another dozen of concepts that Cam already knows and executes perfectly well.

Cam has been under OCs that use Erhardt-Perkins before so verbiage and the most fundamental concepts will not be a total shock. Obviously he will not master it to the level that Brady had even if he stays here for a couple years but he doesn't have to.

Honestly my expectation is that the offense we will see early in the season will be a lot different than what we will be ending the season with. The final product will be much more balanced between the various different things we can do with Cam to keep opponents much more on their toes than the more predictable (but often perfectly executed) Brady/McDaniels offense.

Add in that I am sure BB will try to exploit the general questionable fitness level across the league thanks to a COVID affected offseason with some relentless no huddle and it could be quite the ride if things fall the right way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference