PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lewis..just 17 snaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sambam94

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Anyone concerned on his use last night?...Just 17 snaps. I thought he would be getting more involved after coming back from his injury. I guess it's just a case of Blount and White playing well?...keep him fresh for the play-offs?

Blount ran really well I thought and when called upon White did great receiving. I wouldnt read to much into it I dont think. I think maybe we thought Blount was a better choice vs that run defense.

I am not concerned. He is the 1b to White's 1a for the receiving/3rd down role. Furthermore, he is still working his way back from a major injury.

I think his involvement will fluctuate going forward based on the matchups, but he will need a White injury to start seeing the snaps he was pre-injury in 2015.

I think they're taking it easy on him. Best to unleash him at full blast when you only need to win 3 games in the playoffs. Though maybe it's my high expectations of him but he did disappoint me just a tiny bit when he wasn't able to make a defender miss on a third down conversion (I think it was). Might just be rust, but I remember him making a lot of defenders miss on plays like that last year

Whoever gets the carries, it's just nice to see us have 23 carries for 89 yards against the #1 run defense in the league.

Some of Brady's better passes came from those 17 snaps that formation with Lewis and White in the Backfield puts alot of pressure on the Defense.

I read somewhere he fouled up on a blitz pickup so not sure if that was the reason.

At any rate White had a great night and deserved the time.

Dion is part of the solution and not the problem.

Onward and upward.
If that's really the reason...how do we explain Cyrus Jones's super long leash lol?

Easy to forget what a big deal those injuries/surgeries are. They don't flip a switch and come all the way back right away.

Lewis probably won't be fully himself until next year, but his real value this year should be in the playoffs...that's still 6 more weeks for him to keep getting stronger. As @Clonamery says, patience...

Maybe it wasn't lip service when BB suggested it'd take quite a player to replace White (paraphrasing).

If that's really the reason...how do we explain Cyrus Jones's super long leash lol?

Its inexplicable.

I truly believe the just felt White and Tom had a good groove going and with that cheap shot BAL defense they wanted to ease back on Dion a little.

Dion Lewis in his young career thus far is yet to play a Full Season in the NFL... so you can see why they are taking it easy with him. We need Dion all out in Three Games to Glory. That said James White is a heck of a Receiver even when he's on the LOS.:cool:

white is simply better right now

a cheerleader could arm tackle him.........his middle name should be 'down after contact'

Its inexplicable.

I truly believe the just felt White and Tom had a good groove going and with that cheap shot BAL defense they wanted to ease back on Dion a little.
Didn't Doug Gabriel get dog house'd and cut over one fumble haha? Yeah White has become a nice pick. I think he's every bit as good as Vereen.

I think White and Lewis are a great combo but people hear need to accept it is a much more equal partnership than it was before. White has improved and now does certain things better than Lewis.

White is a better route runner with more top end speed. That lends itself better for this offense in many situations. Lewis is the better RB and has more agility so when he catches it in the flat on what is usually a simpler route than White would run he has the ability to break a guys ankles and get around him which is something White can't really do.

It all depends on what you want. For the Ravens i like White more as this is a team you need to play very precise against with well executed planned routes. Against Dallas or Seattle I would prefer Lewis to be more involved i think. Against Denver that is probably more of a White game.

keep him fresh for playoffs

I takes a while to come back - - people forget it wasn't just an ACL surgery last year. It was an ACL surgery with a follow up surgery when the knee acted up in TC.

People should also keep that in mind when criticizing Edelman (who has been Grade B Edelman so far, which is still better than most slot WRs in the NFL). His first surgery was AFTER Lewis' and he too had another offseason additional surgery.

Give these guys some time - - neither will be 100% this year, but hopefully come back in 2017 100% and dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes