PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lets talk OT via the draft

I'd say LVE is more Hightower from just looking at them but i'd love Evans here!

@reamer has been in love with him for a while!

One guy who i'm thinking of as a tackle is Orlando Brown, with a third round pick if we really wanted to go pure Defence with our first four picks or three on D and one on the O...

Lots to think about!

Brown’s tape says first round pick. Brown’s measurables say 3rd round pick.

Cannon is going to get hurt this year. The guy is a banana. I would feel better with brown replacing him than Croston.

I Know he’s not the right prototype for a Patriot OT but I kinda sneakily hope Isaiah Wynn is the OT pick. He’s such a smart (and very effective) blocker. I think I enjoyed watching him almost as much as I did Shaq Mason. Start him at LT until Garcia returns and then, at the very worst, use him to cover every OL position. He’s shown he has the versatility and he’s one of the most aware OLs I’ve watched. He’s always looking for the next guy to block or the biggest threat. And he’s an excellent blocker in both the running and passing game. His only weakness seems to be his length.

Wynn will be a quality starter but not a tackle, Peter King interviewed Gil Brandt who believes Kolton Miller is Solder 2.0.

Quality of the draft: “This is a draft where 13 to 17 guys I could point to and say for sure, This guy’s a first-round pick. After that, there’s a lot of starting-type players who could go anywhere. Let me put it to you this way: My guy who I have 21st overall on my list could go 64th. The guy I rank 47th could go 19th. So the Patriots, with their needs and their two first-round picks, should be able to get a tackle to replace Nate Solder. They need the tackle from UCLA, Kolton Miller. He’s Nate Solder, is what he is … 6'8", 310 pounds, unbelievable 10-yard speed, which is what you need for a tackle. Needs development. But [offensive line coach] Dante Scarnecchia can develop a guy like that as well as anyone.”

Peter King: Monday Morning QB—Gil Brandt on Draft

I Know he’s not the right prototype for a Patriot OT but I kinda sneakily hope Isaiah Wynn is the OT pick. He’s such a smart (and very effective) blocker. I think I enjoyed watching him almost as much as I did Shaq Mason. Start him at LT until Garcia returns and then, at the very worst, use him to cover every OL position. He’s shown he has the versatility and he’s one of the most aware OLs I’ve watched. He’s always looking for the next guy to block or the biggest threat. And he’s an excellent blocker in both the running and passing game. His only weakness seems to be his length.

Totally agree with you. In fact, he has 33+ inch arms, which is just fine. He's also only a quarter of an inch under 6'3. It's not like he's a shrimp out there. Matt Light was only a little taller and with similar arm length. Wynn is a better technician out of college. I don't think it's fair that teams are pushing him in to guard, when he showed that he can comfortably handle anyone on the edge.

Totally agree with you. In fact, he has 33+ inch arms, which is just fine. He's also only a quarter of an inch under 6'3. It's not like he's a shrimp out there. Matt Light was only a little taller and with similar arm length. Wynn is a better technician out of college. I don't think it's fair that teams are pushing him in to guard, when he showed that he can comfortably handle anyone on the edge.

Wynn was unbelievable at lt last year at Georgia. He was a beast. He stonewalled some of the best pass rushers in the country With ease. Chubb and micheal had a field day running behind him.

I’ve heard chatter that the bengals love him.

Wynn was unbelievable at lt last year at Georgia. He was a beast. He stonewalled some of the best pass rushers in the country With ease. Chubb and micheal had a field day running behind him.

I’ve heard chatter that the bengals love him.

PFF had him giving up 4 pressures all year. He plays in he SEC, surely he’s worth trying out at LT first but I can also see him playing LG and C too.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back